About UW's best win...

dutchcoug

Reaction score
At this point, if WSU does suspend Luani in week one, we win against EWU and Falk doesn't throw that errant pass in the opening drive against BSU, we win. 3 of UW's wins are Idaho, Oregon and Stanford. All blowouts. Funny thing is WSU blew out the same 3. That's how close WSU is to being in the same boat as UW (besides the not playing UA yet).

UW fans, will you have a quality win that will put you in the playoffs against a 1 loss team? I acknowledge UW is playing really well and didn't lose to an FCS team. But your soft non-conference schedule and a weak PAC-12 is going to keep you out of the playoff.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Not a UW fan, but no it won't.

0% chance that an undefeated UW team doesn't make the playoff over a 1 loss team.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
If your aunt had a penis she'd be your uncle. Stanford was a top-10 team until we broke them for you. Congrats on sloppy seconds.

jkitsune

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1xjdtd2m said:
At this point, if WSU does suspend Luani in week one, we win against EWU and Falk doesn't throw that errant pass in the opening drive against BSU, we win. 3 of UW's wins are Idaho, Oregon and Stanford. All blowouts. Funny thing is WSU blew out the same 3. That's how close WSU is to being in the same boat as UW (besides the not playing UA yet).

UW fans, will you have a quality win that will put you in the playoffs against a 1 loss team? I acknowledge UW is playing really well and didn't lose to an FCS team. But your soft non-conference schedule and a weak PAC-12 is going to keep you out of the playoff.

This is the weakest attempt at trolling I've seen in a while. I do wish the Pac-12 was stronger - I wish WSU didn't lose to an FCS team and BSU.

Threedee

Reaction score
It's nice to see Leach running the football for a change. His offensive scheming has always driven me nuts. But, yeah, perennially losing to FCS opponents will keep WSU shut out of the rankings.

kpak76

Reaction score
Congrats on WSU for crushing the trees. Stupid argument that we broke them for you because same can be said for our win over Oregon. Those two early losses hurt you. Even if you run the PAC-12 and beat Washington (won't happen) it hurts you. Best you can do is play in the Rose Bowl this year (no national championship playoff invite for you). Always next year, and you really need to stop these awful starts to your season. Had you won those two early games, the Apple Cup could have been the real Rose Bowl this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have always liked the Cougs since when I first moved to Wash. It was eastern Washington , so I was a fan. I root for both teams with no vested interest.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
kpak76":17q2h7wu said:
Congrats on WSU for crushing the trees. Stupid argument that we broke them for you because same can be said for our win over Oregon.

That might be true, if o had been a ranked team who were broken by WSU. Which they weren't. The trees were. o broke themselves.

Hawker

Reaction score
In August, had someone told me that WSU/UW would go a combined 4-0 against Stanford/Oregon I would have laughed.

But here we are. As a Coug, it's nice to see our offense become more balanced, and our defense starting to play aggressive. Mata'afa is one bad dude! Also, it is nice to see both WA teams atop the PAC12 standings.

I think the OP isn't far from wrong in that both WA teams have soundly beat the same opponents but if I'm being honest, UW's program is clearly a step ahead of WSU no matter how you draw it up. Falk is a damn good QB and our running game is starting to show signs of life... but I'd still give the nod to UW in terms of PAC12 power rankings.

Anywho, Go Cougs!

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
In no way was I saying that the Cougs are even close to a Playoff team. If we were able to go to the Rose Bowl this year, that would be good enough for me. At this point, if the Cougs won out and UW beat them in the Apple Cup, that would be the closest thing to a quality win they can get. Unless Utah or ASU step it up.

The amount of 1 loss teams with quality wins (as well as not bad losses) can stack up.

Louisville- If they run the table and only loss is to Clemson, could be tough to leave them out
OSU and Michigan- Could run the table and their only loss could be to each other
Texas A&M- Could lose to Alabama and then run the table.

Also, Baylor and Nebraska are still undefeated and if they won out, would have more impressive resume (Baylor might actually not end up with that impressive of a resume, base on what happens in the Big12).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
It's early, but here's my prediction:
If the Dawgs win out...............

- UW
- Alabama (unless A&M beats them and wins out then they'll be in, unlikely IMO)
- winner Ohio St./Michigan or Nebraska if they win out and somehow beat winner of Ohio St. v. Michigan (unlikely)
- Clemson (if they win out, likely IMO)

If UW doesn't win out, clearly no Pac-12 team gets in.

If a one loss Alabama gets in over a zero loss Washington, I'll not watch a single second of their SEC rigged playoffs. Not getting my viewership for your ratings.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bnn2ptk said:

- UW
- winner Ohio St./Michigan or Nebraska if they win out and somehow beat winner of Ohio St. v. Michigan (unlikely)

If UW doesn't win out, no Pac-12 team gets in. If a one loss Alabama gets in over a zero loss Washington, I'll not watch a single second of their SEC rigged playoffs. Not getting my viewership for your ratings.

This is how i see it as well. If UW goes undefeated they're in. If they lose a game, they're not. Does suck for UW that the rest of the pac 12 sucks. By the end of the season I wouldnt be surprised if UW is the only pac12 team in the top 25 (although I kind of think USC is going to go on a run and get themselves in there).

If UW drops a game, i would guess that both Michigan and Ohio State get into the playoffs (assuming their only loss is to each other).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":pt4yasry said:
hawksfansinceday1":pt4yasry said:

- UW

If UW doesn't win out, no Pac-12 team gets in. If a one loss Alabama gets in over a zero loss Washington, I'll not watch a single second of their SEC rigged playoffs. Not getting my viewership for your ratings.

This is how i see it as well. If UW goes undefeated they're in. If they lose a game, they're not. Does suck for UW that the rest of the pac 12 sucks. By the end of the season I wouldnt be surprised if UW is the only pac12 team in the top 25 (although I kind of think USC is going to go on a run and get themselves in there).

If UW drops a game, i would guess that both Michigan and Ohio State get into the playoffs (assuming their only loss is to each other).
Unless Alabama loses a game (likely A & M or Auburn). In that scenario they'll get in before Mich. or Ohio St. cuz well, SEC bias.

Mr.Crayola

Reaction score
The best team UW faces could still be ahead of it. Arizona State is 5-1, Utah is darn impressive, and USC has an amount of talent that rivals any team. WSU has bad losses and good wins, they are a funky team (as always it seems with Leach) that can show up or lay an egg. UW does not have the most impressive schedule, but if they can have another impressive win against one of these three and win out, I think they are in the Playoff. Rose Bowl isn't exactly a horrible consolation prize either.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Winning out in the Pac-12 should definitely be enough for a play-off berth. One loss and you can forget it though.