WSU-Stanford

Ruminator

Reaction score
Those who didn't see yesterday's Stanford-WSU game missed a surprisingly good game. Cougar's D was beautifully schemed to keep a tight lid on Stanford's offense, preventing them from scoring a TD until less than a minute remained on the clock in the fourth quarter. And this game was played in Stanford!

As a side note, Falk was very fortunate to have avoided a major concussion being on the receiving end of Justin Reid's ejection-earning brutal hit in the third quarter. At normal speed it appeared Falk's head slammed hard into the turf immediately after the collision, but if you watch the slow-mo replay, it actually didn't. Falk was at about a 45-degree angle from facing down on the turf which allowed the face mask to absorb much of the impact. Otherwise, not sure he would've been able to re-enter the game just two plays later.

Video highlights in right sidebar here, Falk hit starts at about 1:16:

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/art ... 957788.php

A myriad of upcoming Pac-12 match-ups are going to be very interesting. If Cougs win the next game or two in convincing fashion, I see them breaking the Top-25. As far as the Rose Bowl, Michigan-Washington looks like a good bet.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Don't tell UW fans, apparently they "soften them up" for us... :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1h0widk2 said:

Yep as flaccid as a Coug fan after they have drank their case of Olympia or Heidelberg.

kpak76

Reaction score
Stanford is clearly a paper tiger.

UW is ahead of the pack, and Utah is going to be it's rival. I think we have a shot at the national championship, and if we don't quite make it, we will next year.

Browning for Heisman for the next 2 years. #1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

:D :D :D

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
chris98251":2b5f3s5k said:
dutchcoug":2b5f3s5k said:

Yep as flaccid as a Coug fan after they have drank their case of Olympia or Heidelberg.

WSU softened up Oregon for UW.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this off-topic-ish topic, but I have to wonder if Notre Dame has a contract with Hanford to make their helmets glow the way they do.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ruminator":plwkhg6t said:
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this off-topic-ish topic, but I have to wonder if Notre Dame has a contract with Hanford to make their helmets glow the way they do.

Naw....they went to 3 mile island.....he he he :irishdrinkers: :rumble: :stirthepot: