Ohio State Lost

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
It was a stunning game. Down 21-7 in the 4th, PSU came all the way back including a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown being the difference maker. UW moves up to top 4.

mrt144

Reaction score
Always next year. Jt Barrett isn't a passer and that's a problem but the team is young, urbz is a great coach and it'll be mostly excellent football year in year out.

mrt144

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":15ez9jw7 said:
That's the first time I saw them play this year and they sure as heck didn't look as sharp as I'd have thought, though one can never underestimate how hard it is to go into Happy Valley when the energy is high.

JT Barrett is limited as a QB. He just doesn't have the passing ability. He has pocket awareness and elusiveness, doesn't make many poor decisions, but his arm is just not there. It was true in the Whisky game it was true in this one.

And of course special teams is what really did them in.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love it!This loss was needed by UW..I hope OS exposes Michigan

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3p63qudu said:
Love it!This loss was needed by UW..I hope OS exposes Michigan
lol.
I hate you. GoBlue(who destroyed PSU 49-10 BTW). :rumble:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1cc19km4 said:
Michigan's defense is nasty. The Wolverines will beat Ohio State.
:2thumbs:
I like your way of thinking! :D

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
My son and his girlfriend went to Michigan game yesterday. Lucky SOBs. His uncle has season tickets.
AnthonyHannahatMichigan zpskbsyhfs0
MichiganvsIllinois zpshtyuqynp

Rat

Reaction score
This is probably hypocritical for me to say as a Seahawks fan, but the Buckeyes got screwed over pretty bad by a late non-call an obvious PI.

Our OL is a complete wreck, and we had a few flukish special teams plays. I definitely don't feel as well about them as I did before, but at least for now, it still looks like the OSU-UM game will be a play-in game for the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rat":gyhrt8d8 said:
This is probably hypocritical for me to say as a Seahawks fan, but the Buckeyes got screwed over pretty bad by a late non-call an obvious PI.

Our OL is a complete wreck, and we had a few flukish special teams plays. I definitely don't feel as well about them as I did before, but at least for now, it still looks like the OSU-UM game will be a play-in game for the playoffs.
Thats the case with both teams with a loss?I really don't see that if there is a few unbeatens

Rat

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3jggn866 said:
Rat":3jggn866 said:

Thats the case with both teams with a loss?I really don't see that if there is a few unbeatens

There are never as many unbeatens as it looks like around midseason. There will probably be only one or two. I can't see the Big 10 champion being left out with just one loss. It's not like they're going to put in schools like Boise State and Western Michigan instead.

The Buckeyes lost to Virginia Tech the year they won the playoff. That was much worse than the Penn State loss (it was at home to a fringe bowl team) If they win out, that'll be wins over Oklahoma, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and whoever the opponent in the Championship Game is (probably Wisconsin or Northwestern). That's not going to miss the playoffs because of one road loss to a good team.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Rat":2t29o4o3 said:
IndyHawk":2t29o4o3 said:
Rat":2t29o4o3 said:

There are never as many unbeatens as it looks like around midseason. There will probably be only one or two. I can't see the Big 10 champion being left out with just one loss. It's not like they're going to put in schools like Boise State and Western Michigan instead.

The Buckeyes lost to Virginia Tech the year they won the playoff. That was much worse than the Penn State loss (it was at home to a fringe bowl team) If they win out, that'll be wins over Oklahoma, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and whoever the opponent in the Championship Game is (probably Wisconsin or Northwestern). That's not going to miss the playoffs because of one road loss to a good team.
Are you referring to the same team that lost to Michigan 49-10? :stirthepot:

Rat

Reaction score
I don't think it's a reach to call Penn State "good". Michigan is obviously much better.

It definitely wasn't a team OSU should have lost to, but it's not a playoff eliminator. If they win out, they're guaranteed to go to the playoff. How the loss hurts the Buckeyes most is that it takes away the margin for error. If they have an off week against someone like Nebraska or Northwestern it basically ends them.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rat":3d463mu3 said:
I don't think it's a reach to call Penn State "good". Michigan is obviously much better.

It definitely wasn't a team OSU should have lost to, but it's not a playoff eliminator. If they win out, they're guaranteed to go to the playoff. How the loss hurts the Buckeyes most is that it takes away the margin for error. If they have an off week against someone like Nebraska or Northwestern it basically ends them.

The Big Ten has pretty always been about the OSU-Michigan. The loss doesn't change that, but it does open the door to the possibility that it won't be about OSU-Michigan. It also pretty well ruins any chance the Big Ten had of getting two teams into the playoff, which I had seen talked about.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Speaking of the Big Ten, BIG game coming up is Michigan vs Michigan State tomorrow. I know that MSU has been sucking this year and U of M kicking ass but this is ALWAYS a tough game. Michigan fans so want revenge after that fluke last year.
If you live in Michigan, you are most likely a Sparty fan or Michigan fan. When I moved out here in 1984, I went with the coolest uniforms. I chose Michigan because they most closely resembled UW. When I lived in Washington, I chose to root for the Huskies because their uniforms were much cooler than WSU.
Anyways, back to the Big Ten.
There is an unwritten rule out here. No matter who you root for(U of M, MSU), you automatically HATE OSU. You root for any team that the Buckeyes play. It's a very passionate hate out here.
This week, however, it's......
GoBlueCrushSparty zpspwhg32eb

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2ow6ju07 said:
When I lived in Washington, I chose to root for the Huskies because their uniforms were much cooler than WSU.

Incorrect!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ivgesck said:
Seahwkgal":2ivgesck said:
When I lived in Washington, I chose to root for the Huskies because their uniforms were much cooler than WSU.

Incorrect!
You should have stayed a Dawg fan..Before you hopped on that maize bandwagon..GO SPARTANS :lol:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Michigan State salvages their season with a W over Harbaugh, thus ruining any chance the wolverines have of making the playoffs.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I can't take the last two posts seriously. UNLESS you two are both from or currently live in Michigan.
For tomorrow.
Michigan football memes 2 zpshl6oxzmb
Michiganballsonsparty zpstxvvxd48
WolverineSpartans zpskdsjusze
Spartybaby zpslahesyav
For anyone from Michigan:
BlueGreenPissOhioState zpsyxmf5ln6