Huskies ranked 5th in initial CFP poll.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Texas A&M takes the 4th spot. Well that should be a nice chip on the shoulder...

Edit: Changed subject title...bad habit still referring to the BCS computer poll even though we're a couple of years removed.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Messed up considering Michigan has only play 1 ranked team. As we have beat 2

Rat

Reaction score
Not surprising. The committee basically considers a loss to Alabama as a win.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think the rankings actually worked out real well with UW. With the big 12 being so low I think UW can even afford to lose a game, as long as they win the pac12 championship, and still make the playoffs.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm an SEC Homer and even I think it's messed up to have A&M 4th.

Laloosh

Reaction score
If WSU continues to win and UW wins out, easily get that #4 ranking imo.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I hope this pisses off coach Peterson and the players. I hope we go out and wipe the floor with the resmainder of the pac12 schedule. A&M over an undefeated Washington proves east coast bias is alive and well. The love for Clemson all year is just as disgusting when they've had to pull off miracles to barely beat teams all year long. Clemson is a complete paper tiger and would get beat by 3 or 4 teams out of the pac12.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here are the full rankings. FYI, I fully expect LSU to move into the top 10 next week after losing to Alabama.

1 Alabama 8-0
2 Clemson 8-0
3 Michigan 8-0
4 Texas A&M 7-1
5 Washington 8-0
6 Ohio State 7-1
7 Louisville 7-1
8 Wisconsin 6-2
9 Auburn 6-2
10 Nebraska 7-1
11 Florida 6-1
12 Penn State 6-2
13 LSU 5-2
14 Oklahoma 6-2
15 Colorado 6-2
16 Utah 7-2
17 Baylor 6-1
18 Oklahoma State 6-2
19 Virginia Tech 6-2
20 West Virginia 6-1
21 North Carolina 6-2
22 Florida State 5-3
23 Western Michigan 8-0
24 Boise State 7-1
25 Washington State 6-2

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is a reflection of what the committee thinks of the Pac 12. The conference is a joke this year outside of Washington.

That said, TAMU isn't going to get in unless the Huskies trip up. As bad as the Pac 12 is, an unbeaten champ is a lock to get in.

That's their margin of error though. A one loss Pac team isn't playing in the playoff this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DJrmb":1utmrtgm said:
I hope this pisses off coach Peterson and the players. I hope we go out and wipe the floor with the resmainder of the pac12 schedule. A&M over an undefeated Washington proves east coast bias is alive and well. The love for Clemson all year is just as disgusting when they've had to pull off miracles to barely beat teams all year long. Clemson is a complete paper tiger and would get beat by 3 or 4 teams out of the pac12.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This isn't east coast bias, for one Texas A&M is not on the east coast.. So there's that. Secondly, who the hell has Washington beat? They have one good win.. And that came Saturday.

Face it the Pac 12 is terrible this year and that's going to pull down Washington unless they run the table.

Also, Clemson would wax every team in the conference save for the Huskies, and even then I think they're favored anywhere but a game in Seattle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":r0gx4due said:
I think the rankings actually worked out real well with UW. With the big 12 being so low I think UW can even afford to lose a game, as long as they win the pac12 championship, and still make the playoffs.

Disagree unless they got a lot of help after that loss.

A one loss Washington team isn't getting in over a one loss TAMU, Ohio State or Louisville

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2w5jgjxk said:
This is a reflection of what the committee thinks of the Pac 12. The conference is a joke this year outside of Washington.

That said, TAMU isn't going to get in unless the Huskies trip up. As bad as the Pac 12 is, an unbeaten champ is a lock to get in.

That's their margin of error though. A one loss Pac team isn't playing in the playoff this year.

Disagree. (And this is what the guys on the radio were saying, not just my opinion).

Alabama and Texas A&M. Louisville and Clemson. Ohio State and Michigan. Are all in the same division. So 3 of those teams arent even going to make it to their conference championships and have an extra game, so they're basically eliminated. Thats why we saw Baylor fall from 3rd last year to out of the playoffs, cuz they didnt get the extra game.

If UW loses to USC but still wins the pac12 championship I think theyre almost a lock to be in, even as a 1 loss team.

The only thing that could screw them is if Florida beat Alabama in the SEC title game, then a 1 loss Alabama would probably be in over a 1 loss UW.

If UW is undefeated going into the pac 12 title game and loses... then they're screwed and the pac 12 probably doesnt make the playoffs cuz they'd have an at least 2 loss champion.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1onnxlmu said:
JSeahawks":1onnxlmu said:

Disagree unless they got a lot of help after that loss.

A one loss Washington team isn't getting in over a one loss TAMU, Ohio State or Louisville

Those 3 are all going to be eliminated, because they wont even make their conference championship games. (see my above post)

USC fan obviously doesnt know how this works since youve never been close and had to worry about it :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I say this as a UW fan,
I so do not care either way. You keep winning and you will be there. You lose, you are probably out.
Keep winning and they cannot ignore you.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SEC bias is strong with this one.

A&M should have been 6th at best. they get credit for beating some SEC teams and playing 4 crap non conference games while Ohio State gets none for winning at Wisconsin and at Oklahoma.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":v4zs6rry said:
DJrmb":v4zs6rry said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This isn't east coast bias, for one Texas A&M is not on the east coast.. So there's that. Secondly, who the hell has Washington beat? They have one good win.. And that came Saturday.

Face it the Pac 12 is terrible this year and that's going to pull down Washington unless they run the table.

Also, Clemson would wax every team in the conference save for the Huskies, and even then I think they're favored anywhere but a game in Seattle.
I get that the Pac-12 is bad. but the SEC was dreadful in the nonconference schedule as well.
One conference gets punished, the other doesn't. it's bias

davidonmi

Reaction score
if anything Ohio State should be ahead of A&M. they actually scheduled a decent team in the non conference

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just as a fun fact. The 4 teams that made the playoffs last year were ranked 1st, 4th, 7th and 15th when the first official playoff pole came out last year. So none of this really matters at all.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Rat":3m2uh2fm said:

No, but they do look at 4 wins over ranked opponents.

davidonmi

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3w21476x said:
Rat":3w21476x said:

No, but they do look at 4 wins over ranked opponents.
by that logic, UW beat a top 10 team in Stanford.
Texas A&M has beat as many teams currently ranked as Washington has. They also played 3 cupcakes non conference, and as far as I'm concerned the UCLA game is basically just making up for the fact that UW has to play 9 conference games compared to 8