Huskies to face Auburn in 2018 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:2thumbs:

The Washington Huskies just added some heft to their 2018 schedule.

UW will begin the 2018 season by facing the Auburn Tigers in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, the Peach Bowl announced Thursday morning. It will be the first time the Huskies have ever played Auburn. The game is scheduled for Sept. 1, and a kickoff time will be announced at a later date.

UW’s previously scheduled home game against North Dakota will now be played the following week (Sept. 8), and its previously scheduled home game against Nevada will be played another year. The Huskies are also scheduled to host Brigham Young on Sept. 29, 2018.

Washington has not played a team from the SEC since visiting LSU in 2012. Auburn is 6-2 this season and ranked No. 9 in the College Football Playoff rankings. The Huskies are undefeated and debuted at No. 5 in the CFP rankings.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... rylink=cpy

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2esqjajh said:
And Auburn will be ranked ahead of the Huskies even if they lose the game. Screw SEC bias.
Agree with you 100% Theres an SEC/Big12 bias but almost everyone refuses to see it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3mml5kht said:
Maulbert":3mml5kht said:
And Auburn will be ranked ahead of the Huskies even if they lose the game. Screw SEC bias.
Agree with you 100% Theres an SEC/Big12 bias but almost everyone refuses to see it.

I think everybody in the world see's it. Its just an acknowledged truth about college football. At least the SEC bias. Maybe not any big12 bias.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well not as obvious but Ohio State and Michigan get breaks after they lose just like SEC..Ohio State lost to an unranked PS and only drops 4 spots..But if that were NDame they would drop 8 at least..Just an example of one kind

rjdriver

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3h0dd6ba said:
IndyHawk":3h0dd6ba said:
Maulbert":3h0dd6ba said:

I think everybody in the world see's it. Its just an acknowledged truth about college football. At least the SEC bias. Maybe not any big12 bias.

*disclaimer. I hate the SEC and root against them every time in non conference play.

I agree with this. To be fair though, it's a deserved bias if there ever was one and the stats don't lie. The SEC fairs very well against other conferences when it matters, and there is no doubt the overall talent is superior.

I mean, interpolate it out. What if the NFCW (or any division) won like 8 of 10 Super Bowls, had all four teams make the playoffs, frequently battled it out in the NFCCG, had the majority of pro bowlers league wide etc. There would no doubt develops a bias when predicting games and making decisions on how to televise. I don't know which way cause versus correlation goes here, but their players are on average, superior.

I root for every non SEC team in bowl games (thanks Utah over Alabama a few years back), but am usually disappointed.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I usually root for the SEC and they have been the best over the past decade by far, not this year though. Their OOC performance outside of Bama was dreadful and they don't get punished for it.

However that comparison is stupid. a division winning 8 of 10 super bowls is different than the SEC getting an automatic bid into the NCG and then having to beat a single team to win the title (one of them they didn't even put a non sec team in it and they were correct to do so that year).

The SEC is very good most years. last being a great example. but even when they have a down year like this year and 2014 people still view them as being vastly superior

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":6mihuyq5 said:

OP posts about a positive development.

Only takes a single post to turn into a whining thread.

:stirthepot:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It was announced today that Washington will open next season at Rutgers on Sept. 1 as part of the Big Ten's push to have more nationally televised Friday night games.