Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!
Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:15 am
  • Helfrich or Hoke? We'll see...
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'd like to believe it's true but who really knows
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• It is simply amazing how far Oregon has fallen and how quickly it happened.
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

• My gut tells me Helfrich will be back next season

So much continuity on the staff

$11M buyout
    Another $3M buyout for the assistants
    Then another $4-5M or so for a new coach plus paying those assistants

That's a lot of money

Firing Helfrich means starting from the very beginning. New head coach/assistant coaches/trainers/etc. Basically a completely new program.

If it were my choice I'd fire him in a second, but it's also not my money.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• It's Phil Knights and he can do whatever needs to be done money wise.The UO won't pay anything isn't that great?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:My gut tells me Helfrich will be back next season

So much continuity on the staff

$11M buyout
    Another $3M buyout for the assistants

Firing Helfrich means starting from the very beginning. New head coach/assistant coaches/trainers/etc. Basically a completely new program.

If it were my choice I'd fire him in a second, but it's also not my money.

I think he's already gone and the decisions already made. Kilkenny was on canzanos radio show today and he talked about how UW waited to long to fire willingham and it set them back years. The money guys seem to know now is the time.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Chip Kelly back to Oregon is so going to happen
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Les Miles is available....not sure if he'd want to come to Oregon though since he will have his pick of jobs after the college FB season.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Les Miles is available....not sure if he'd want to come to Oregon though since he will have his pick of jobs after the college FB season.

Gross. No thanks.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hasselbeck wrote:Chip Kelly back to Oregon is so going to happen

I'm inclined to agree.
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

• Well lets watch the score on Sunday, should be epic beat down with a pissed off Patriots team taking things out on a NFC West team.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• But Oregon won today...so no one is going anywhere????? LOL
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:But Oregon won today...so no one is going anywhere????? LOL

I'm terrified this is true.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seahawks1983 wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Chip Kelly back to Oregon is so going to happen

I'm inclined to agree.

The problem is if they fire Helfrich they can't afford to wait a month and a half til the end of the nfl season to get a coach.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Seahawks1983 wrote:

I'm inclined to agree.

The problem is if they fire Helfrich they can't afford to wait a month and a half til the end of the nfl season to get a coach.

If you can get Kelly back, I'd be ok waiting 6months for him. You can't just hire a guy just because, or UO will turn into UW before this year. With Kelly, UO wins 10-11 games next year, with the wrong coach UO will go 6-6, 7-5.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Seahawks1983 wrote:

I'm inclined to agree.

If you can get Kelly back, I'd be ok waiting 6months for him. You can't just hire a guy just because, or UO will turn into UW before this year. With Kelly, UO wins 10-11 games next year, with the wrong coach UO will go 6-6, 7-5.

I know a current OC win the NFL that would look great as a HC in Oregon colors next year! 8) It would be a WIN-WIN for everyone. :2thumbs:
    Make it happen uncle Phil!! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The problem is if they fire Helfrich they can't afford to wait a month and a half til the end of the nfl season to get a coach.[/quote]

If you can get Kelly back, I'd be ok waiting 6months for him. You can't just hire a guy just because, or UO will turn into UW before this year. With Kelly, UO wins 10-11 games next year, with the wrong coach UO will go 6-6, 7-5.[/quote]
    I know a current OC win the NFL that would look great as a HC in Oregon colors next year! 8) It would be a WIN-WIN for everyone. :2thumbs:
    Make it happen uncle Phil!! 8)[/quote]

I wouldn't want him as HC, but I do wonder if it's his play calling or if it's Pete making him call a conservative game. I know Bellotti dictated a lot of stuff that he wanted his d to do, that made fans blame Aliotti for years about. But once MB left, the D suddenly stopped being as soft on 3rd and longs. I'm always curious if the HC is actually to blame for schemes and plays.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Beating an overrated Utah team should't be a reason to give Helfrich another year. Just look at Utah's resume.

Wins are against

Southern Utah
    BYU
    San Jose St
    USC (record below .500 at the time)
    Arizona
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Arizona State

Losses

Washinton
    Oregon
    California

Yeah, somehow Utah managed to lose to both California and Oregon, the two two worst defenses in the country. Figure that one out.

I've thought all along Helfrich will be back and imo it seems pretty likely now. His $11M buyout + Hoke's buyout + buying out all of the other assistants is a lot of money.

Hlefrich will be back next year and fans of the other 11 PAC 12 schools will be happy to see it.

Sigh.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• #onemoreyear
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• I'm guessing Herman won't happen for Oregon. Sounds like Texas fired Strong in large part because they want Herman. Maybe they are doing that blind and just assume they can get him, but I'm guessing they made that move knowing they could get him. It will be incredibly embarrassing g for them if they can't.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:I'm guessing Herman won't happen for Oregon. Sounds like Texas fired Strong in large part because they want Herman. Maybe they are doing that blind and just assume they can get him, but I'm guessing they made that move knowing they could get him. It will be incredibly embarrassing g for them if they can't.

Sounds like Texas might be aiming for bigger fish then Herman (Dabo Sweeney, John Harbaugh and Chris Peterson are a few names i've read), which would make Herman fall into Oregon's lap. I would jump for joy if this happened.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• nm
    Last edited by JSeahawks on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Helf must go

No way they bring him back.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:Helf must go

No way they bring him back.

He gone. He'll get his walking papers on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers for PJ Fleck or Chip Kelly.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Would obviously be great to bring Chip back, but the timing on that is so tricky with the NFL season not ending for another 5 weeks.

Chip is my #1, seems impossible to make happen though

Agreed with Fleck. He has the Pete Carroll factor to him. Everything is positive and there's no negativity. High energy motivational player's coach.

One of his players got injured and as he was being carted off the field he was doing the row the boat thing that is infamous there right now. You can't buy in anymore than that.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• Some one already said it, it's Phil Knights team, when it comes to dollars and cents, he has the lions share of a voice on the future of the team,

Phil Knight doesn't take losing well at all. It wouldn't surprise me to see him fire almost everyone on the coaching staff and replace them all with the best that money can buy. He won't just can everyone without reason, but if they are part of the problem instead of part of the solution, the need to start packing and looking for new means of employment.

If student players are part of the problem, and I can't help but wonder because I've heard the rumbling from other players this year about some on the team don't give a damn about winning and just aren't doing their part to try and make a difference. Maybe its time to find some kids that really appreciate a quality education opportunity and and a chance to play with what can be one of the top teams in the country.

I don't know what the heck happened with the Ducks this year, I've been a fan for over 50 years and I don't recall ever seeing them play as bad as they have this year. I keep looking in the paper to see who they are losing to next week. I keep watching them and rooting for them, because that is who I am and what I do, the same has held true with the Seahawks for the past 40 years.

They will get it squared away at The U of O and we'll have our Duckers back making us proud again in no time. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Phil Knight will root out the cancer in the locker room and no one is safe, players and coaches alike.
    I am a tried and true Seattle Seahawks 12th man, as are all of my children and grandchildren. I wholeheartedly believe that the 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. The Seahawks are only as strong as their true Heart & Soul.
    pacific101
    NET Rookie

• pacific101 wrote:Some one already said it, it's Phil Knights team, when it comes to dollars and cents, he has the lions share of a voice on the future of the team,

Phil Knight doesn't take losing well at all. It wouldn't surprise me to see him fire almost everyone on the coaching staff and replace them all with the best that money can buy. He won't just can everyone without reason, but if they are part of the problem instead of part of the solution, the need to start packing and looking for new means of employment.

If student players are part of the problem, and I can't help but wonder because I've heard the rumbling from other players this year about some on the team don't give a damn about winning and just aren't doing their part to try and make a difference. Maybe its time to find some kids that really appreciate a quality education opportunity and and a chance to play with what can be one of the top teams in the country.

I don't know what the heck happened with the Ducks this year, I've been a fan for over 50 years and I don't recall ever seeing them play as bad as they have this year. I keep looking in the paper to see who they are losing to next week. I keep watching them and rooting for them, because that is who I am and what I do, the same has held true with the Seahawks for the past 40 years.

They will get it squared away at The U of O and we'll have our Duckers back making us proud again in no time. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Phil Knight will root out the cancer in the locker room and no one is safe, players and coaches alike.

I have to admit if you are truly a fan of 50 years, there are many many seasons that were worse than this for the ducks. 6 times finishing 8th or worse in the PAC-10 era. It just may feel worse compared to their recent success.

Also, if a duck fan can honestly say that they are run by a corporate entity, it is a sad day for that school. This isn't to say that all schools don't have outside influences, but being able to outright fire people (as you claim) and pay salaries (as you also claim) would be utterly shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milehighhawk
    NET Starter

• JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm guessing Herman won't happen for Oregon. Sounds like Texas fired Strong in large part because they want Herman. Maybe they are doing that blind and just assume they can get him, but I'm guessing they made that move knowing they could get him. It will be incredibly embarrassing g for them if they can't.

Sounds like Texas might be aiming for bigger fish then Herman (Dabo Sweeney, John Harbaugh and Chris Peterson are a few names i've read), which would make Herman fall into Oregon's lap. I would jump for joy if this happened.

HA-HA!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18140313/texas-longhorns-hire-tom-herman-replace-charlie-strong

"Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm guessing Herman won't happen for Oregon. Sounds like Texas fired Strong in large part because they want Herman. Maybe they are doing that blind and just assume they can get him, but I'm guessing they made that move knowing they could get him. It will be incredibly embarrassing g for them if they can't.

HA-HA!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18140313/texas-longhorns-hire-tom-herman-replace-charlie-strong

Its ok, there's still 897,839,729 coaches available that i'd rather have then Helfrich.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

HA-HA!

Its ok, there's still 897,839,729 coaches available that i'd rather have then Helfrich.

Maybe Oregon will hire Sark.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Willingham..................

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Tons of names being floated about (including the chance that Helfrich could still return). Starting to hear a lot of whispers about Lane Kiffin. I'd actually be fairly psyched if its him, even though I laughed at him when he was at USC. He'd need to bring a strong defensive coordinator with him. My number 1 wish for a new coaching staff is that they're hungry, energetic, successful recruiters. I think thats something that Lane can do. A few other names people are whispering are Jim McElvine the head coach at Florida, Harson from Boise State and Dan Mullin from Ole Miss. Who knows. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few days.

I'd love a combination of Lane Kiffin at head coach and Charlie Strong as defensive coordinator.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:Tons of names being floated about (including the chance that Helfrich could still return). Starting to hear a lot of whispers about Lane Kiffin. I'd actually be fairly psyched if its him, even though I laughed at him when he was at USC. He'd need to bring a strong defensive coordinator with him. My number 1 wish for a new coaching staff is that they're hungry, energetic, successful recruiters. I think thats something that Lane can do. A few other names people are whispering are Jim McElvine the head coach at Florida, Harson from Boise State and Dan Mullin from Ole Miss. Who knows. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few days.

I'd love a combination of Lane Kiffin at head coach and Charlie Strong as defensive coordinator.

Just how desperate are you?

If UW was without a coach right now, and you floated Kiffin's name at me I'd despair. The guy is a kinda sleazy, more than that he's an NCAA death penalty waiting to happen. A guy like that could destroy Oregon Football for all time. This isn't the SEC where you can pay players, fix drug tests, and rape and murder coeds and get away with it.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Tons of names being floated about (including the chance that Helfrich could still return). Starting to hear a lot of whispers about Lane Kiffin. I'd actually be fairly psyched if its him, even though I laughed at him when he was at USC. He'd need to bring a strong defensive coordinator with him. My number 1 wish for a new coaching staff is that they're hungry, energetic, successful recruiters. I think thats something that Lane can do. A few other names people are whispering are Jim McElvine the head coach at Florida, Harson from Boise State and Dan Mullin from Ole Miss. Who knows. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few days.

Just how desperate are you?

If UW was without a coach right now, and you floated Kiffin's name at me I'd despair. The guy is a kinda sleazy, more than that he's an NCAA death penalty waiting to happen. A guy like that could destroy Oregon Football for all time. This isn't the SEC where you can pay players, fix drug tests, and rape and murder coeds and get away with it.

Just win baby. I couldnt care less about being sleazy. Every college program in the country is sleazy. Its just the nature of the business.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Lane Kiffin the OC..... hell yes

Lane Kiffin the HC..... boy idk. Not exactly a dream scenario. You'd really have to be sold that he has changed.

Say he did become Oregon's HC and was very successful. He's a candidate to move to a better/bigger job, whether that's in college football or the NFL.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• cesame wrote:Say he did become Oregon's HC and was very successful. He's a candidate to move to a better/bigger job, whether that's in college football or the NFL.

Thats probably the case with everybody now though. Helfrich was the guy that was going to be at Oregon forever.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I know. Shame it didn't work.

My current guess on the coaching situation is it's someone that has a big game this weekend or their season isn't over yet (NFL). Guessing there's something in place but won't be announced until said coaches season is over.

Who the hell knows though. I don't think anyone has a clue right now other then Phil Knight.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Re: Helfrich fired! Hallelujah!
Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm
  • Please hire Lane for the lulz
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:40 pm
  • Oregon isn't going to spend in excess of $20-25M for Lane Kiffin

Feel like it's going to be a big name.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:43 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Please hire Lane for the lulz

I'm both terrified and extremely excited that it might be him. At the very least it would be entertaining. Under helfrich we were just about coming irrelevant.

My wish list:

1. Chip Kelly
    2. PJ Fleck
    3. Lane Kiffin

I also dream about Jon Gruden or Tony Dungy, but those are so unrealistic its not really worth listing them.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:46 pm
  • I want to believe it will be Chip but it seems so improbable.

We shall see I guess.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:47 pm
  • Art Briles
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:51 pm
  • getnasty wrote:Art Briles

Nah. But i'd take his son as offensive coordinator.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:45 am
  • I thought Helfrich was doing a fine job.... Too bad they fired him.

Been saying for awhile now the Chipster will be back in Eugene.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:18 am
  • Chip will say no till he is gone and needs a job, should be pretty soon, may have to wait till after the 49ers lose out though.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:41 am
  • Sark is available, so is Paul Wulff just a couple of the options for the Ducks next head coach.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 am
  • Notre Dame people apparently think Brian Kelly could be in play for Oregon...flightaware.com even shows a plane scheduled to leave South Bend for Eugene around 130pm today. Id imagine that's far from a normal route..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N83 ... /KSBN/KEUG
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 pm
  • drrew wrote:Notre Dame people apparently think Brian Kelly could be in play for Oregon...flightaware.com even shows a plane scheduled to leave South Bend for Eugene around 130pm today. Id imagine that's far from a normal route..

That was admitted to be faked.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    drrew wrote:Notre Dame people apparently think Brian Kelly could be in play for Oregon...flightaware.com even shows a plane scheduled to leave South Bend for Eugene around 130pm today. Id imagine that's far from a normal route..

That was admitted to be faked.

Notre Dame may have been willing to purchase a new plane this morning in an effort to get someone to take that clown off their hands.

Who is the most realistic non-Chip Kelly option out there? They have to move fast or essentially write off this recruiting class.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information