Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Helfrich fired! Hallelujah!
Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:40 pm
  • drrew wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    drrew wrote:Notre Dame people apparently think Brian Kelly could be in play for Oregon...flightaware.com even shows a plane scheduled to leave South Bend for Eugene around 130pm today. Id imagine that's far from a normal route..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N83 ... /KSBN/KEUG

That was admitted to be faked.

Notre Dame may have been willing to purchase a new plane this morning in an effort to get someone to take that clown off their hands.

Who is the most realistic non-Chip Kelly option out there? They have to move fast or essentially write off this recruiting class.

Pj fleck
    Lane kiffin
    Jim mcelwine
    Oc from Oklahoma

Those are the names floating around.

Although I'd be willing to lose the entire class to wait on chip.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:56 pm
  • So what do you think about Willie Taggart?

Bruce Feldman mentioned him tonight.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:13 pm
  • drrew wrote:So what do you think about Willie Taggart?

I dont think Bruce Feldman has a clue. He may be the minority candidate that we have to interview by law. My guess is that no traditional journalists have a clue who its going to be because the search has nothing to do with rod mullens and the athletic department. Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny are the guys who are going to put the deal together. In fact, I think its already done and we already have a new coach. Just cant announce it yet because the coach is either coaching in the NFL or in a championship game this weekend.

Other then that, i know nothing about the dude but i'm willing to give anybody a chance.

Insiders who claim to know things say its going to be Chip Kelly, PJ Fleck or Lane Kiffin. I'd be surprised if its not one of those three.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm
  • 1 day in and I'm sick of the search

There's been a ton of names mentioned and yet I'm not convinced anyone has any real idea.

Tomorrow will bring another 3-5 names and they will all just be guesses
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:44 am
  • drrew wrote:So what do you think about Willie Taggart?

I think Willie Taggart will interview because of the "Rooney Rule" law in Oregon
    Jayburd14
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 am
  • Hearing that chip is out. There was strong interest but basically he's stubborn and wants to stick with the nfl. Oregon wants it done by Sunday. I think it's going to be fleck and would be pretty happy and excited about that hire.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:14 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Hearing that chip is out. There was strong interest but basically he's stubborn and wants to stick with the nfl. Oregon wants it done by Sunday. I think it's going to be fleck and would be pretty happy and excited about that hire.

You have to be happy about that. I'd take Fleck over Kiffin or a down on his grits Kelly any day of the week.

Getting one of those guys who's a winner at a small program in the midwest always seems to pay dividends, IMO.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:02 pm
  • It's either Fleck or Chip

Every other name doesn't fit the main criteria Rob Mullens pointed out, which was the culture was the edge at Oregon and they want to get it back.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:49 pm
  • I'm hearing it's Fleck.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:02 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:I'm hearing it's Fleck.

I heard its Fleck with maybe the offensive coordinator from Notre Dame coming with him, whos another young star in the coaching profession.

Really curious to see who the DC might be. I think, obviously, that will be his most important job to fill. I'd love Charlie Strong Peter Sirmon or Jimmy Lake.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:18 pm
  • Mike Nolan for DC is an interesting name

Obviously has ties to Oregon

But Fleck was a WR with the 49ers when Nolan was there. He cut Fleck but immediately offered him a job on the coaching staff because he was so impressed with him. Fleck accepted but a couple days later decided to go to Ohio State as a GA instead.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm
  • cesame wrote:Mike Nolan for DC is an interesting name

Obviously has ties to Oregon

But Fleck was a WR with the 49ers when Nolan was there. He cut Fleck but immediately offered him a job on the coaching staff because he was so impressed with him. Fleck accepted but a couple days later decided to go to Ohio State as a GA instead.

He definitely would command respect as soon as he walks into a room, whether its in the coaching room or a living room for recruiting. My concern is that he has no experience playing against modern day college offenses.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:59 pm
  • Mike Nolan has zero college experience and even less recruiting experience. I'm not sure he works.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:04 am
  • Nick Holt would be an excellent DC. :2thumbs:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Mike Nolan has zero college experience and even less recruiting experience. I'm not sure he works.

He woulda been great in the Woody Hayes/Bear Bryant era, but not so much now. ;)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Chip will say no till he is gone and needs a job, should be pretty soon, may have to wait till after the 49ers lose out though.

Maybe Knight could pull a Kraft and 'trade' with York for the Chipster :stirthepot:

Lifetime access to the Nike store pro bono? His own line of shoes?? Straight up cash infusion???
    Osprey
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:24 pm
  • Mark Helfrich with an interesting interview today.

Looks like he asked Chip in a conversation about a month ago if he would be interested in being the HC at Oregon again (Hlefrich knew he was going to get fired). Helf went on to say Chip is pretty much dedicated to the NFL and really wants to make it work, aka he's not leaving Santa Clara.

Looks like Fleck or bust for Oregon.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:04 pm
  • Fleck is what you'd get, if you could combine Carroll and Wilson. He's full of optimism and cheesy sayings, but he seems like a great dude.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:26 am
  • cesame wrote:Mark Helfrich with an interesting interview today.

Looks like he asked Chip in a conversation about a month ago if he would be interested in being the HC at Oregon again (Hlefrich knew he was going to get fired). Helf went on to say Chip is pretty much dedicated to the NFL and really wants to make it work, aka he's not leaving Santa Clara.

Looks like Fleck or bust for Oregon.

I'm sure if uncle Phil upped the ante the Chipster might be all ears.
    It would be the first time he changed his mind on a gig.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:19 am
  • At this point i'm going to be crushed if its not Fleck. I want him even more then Chip.

JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:30 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:At this point i'm going to be crushed if its not Fleck. I want him even more then Chip.

Hmmm, but how is a guy like that going to fit into Eugene. UO is a weird place.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:54 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:At this point i'm going to be crushed if its not Fleck. I want him even more then Chip.

Pretty sure dude could start a cult in Oregon.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:At this point i'm going to be crushed if its not Fleck. I want him even more then Chip.

LOL! You know it.

I used to try to explain Eugene/Springfield to my wife, and she'd just look at me funny. So, one summer I took her down to spend a few weeks with my family. First day we were there, we took a walk up the river and came across some naked guy chanting to the 4 winds and swinging an incense decanter around himself.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:06 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:

LOL! You know it.

I used to try to explain Eugene/Springfield to my wife, and she'd just look at me funny. So, one summer I took her down to spend a few weeks with my family. First day we were there, we took a walk up the river and came across some naked guy chanting to the 4 winds and swinging an incense decanter around himself.

And he was the normal one???
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:

LOL! You know it.

In Seattle on Friday I walked past a dumpster, and almost puked when I saw a bum getting a BJ from a crackhead whore. Weird stuff everywhere.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm
  • Going to be real interesting come Sunday night if the Ducks haven't named a new coach yet. Realistically they should know by then who they want as HC. If time continues to pass.....

Could wake up Monday and Chip is the new coach.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:56 pm
  • A lot of people thinking it might be Willie Taggart from South Florida. I'd like it, but wouldnt love it. Another young, up and comer.

I still want Fleck first. Then Chip.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:28 pm
  • I mean John Canzano (I know, I know) is tweeting out that his sources are saying Fleck isn't even interviewing with the Ducks today or tomorrow. If true, exactly what is holding it up? There's no waiting right now.

Assuming Canzano isn't just stirring it up, you really start to wonder if Chip is indeed the guy and the Ducks already know it, and that doing all of these other interviews is to not make it so obvious. I mean if we're sitting here a week from now with no coach then Chip is absolutely the guy imo. There's no more time for waiting unless Chip is a lock.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:34 pm
  • On another note

The guys on 1080theFAN (Suke and Ropp) were saying yesterday that their sources in the program were saying that perhaps Oregon was starting to sour on Fleck after doing some digging.

Said that Fleck is supposedly a "poon hound". Said he drives his corvette to work and takes up 3 parking spaces with it. Not so much maturity issues but he's still just a really young coach.

It was interesting to listen to to say the least.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:35 pm
  • cesame wrote:I mean John Canzano (I know, I know) is tweeting out that his sources are saying Fleck isn't even interviewing with the Ducks today or tomorrow. If true, exactly what is holding it up? There's no waiting right now.

Assuming Canzano isn't just stirring it up, you really start to wonder if Chip is indeed the guy and the Ducks already know it, and that doing all of these other interviews is to not make it so obvious. I mean if we're sitting here a week from now with no coach then Chip is absolutely the guy imo. There's no more time for waiting unless Chip is a lock.

If it is Chip. And we have to wait. We NEED to get some assistants lined up. Right now we have nobody out on the recruiting trail. Really not good.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:44 pm
  • A quote from Canzano's article

Fleck's troubles, to me, sit squarely in the idea that the chief boosters involved in this Ducks search (Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny) are grounded men, who are more interested in substance vs. style. Remember, Knight sold sneakers out of the back of his car and Kilkenny is from Eastern Oregon.

I mean I despise Canzano generally, but I feel like he hit the nail on the head right there. I honestly don't know if Fleck is a guy that appeals to them. Fleck has a great message but I can see how it looks like it's a little over the top. It doesn't feel like NIKE. It feels like going to church and that plays really well in the midwest. They eat that stuff up.

Chip was never that guy, despite the Ducks being perhaps the most exciting team in college football. He's a no nonsense coach that is all business. That is NIKE.

Who knows, though. I still don't believe there's anyone out there that knows exactly what the Ducks are thinking right now.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:26 pm
  • cesame wrote:A quote from Canzano's article

Fleck's troubles, to me, sit squarely in the idea that the chief boosters involved in this Ducks search (Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny) are grounded men, who are more interested in substance vs. style. Remember, Knight sold sneakers out of the back of his car and Kilkenny is from Eastern Oregon.

I mean I despise Canzano generally, but I feel like he hit the nail on the head right there. I honestly don't know if Fleck is a guy that appeals to them. Fleck has a great message but I can see how it looks like it's a little over the top. It doesn't feel like NIKE. It feels like going to church and that plays really well in the midwest. They eat that stuff up.

Chip was never that guy, despite the Ducks being perhaps the most exciting team in college football. He's a no nonsense coach that is all business. That is NIKE.

Who knows, though. I still don't believe there's anyone out there that knows exactly what the Ducks are thinking right now.

That makes sense to me. Nice contribution cesame.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:30 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:

LOL! You know it.

That was probably J. 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:I mean John Canzano (I know, I know) is tweeting out that his sources are saying Fleck isn't even interviewing with the Ducks today or tomorrow. If true, exactly what is holding it up? There's no waiting right now.

If it is Chip. And we have to wait. We NEED to get some assistants lined up. Right now we have nobody out on the recruiting trail. Really not good.

You have to figure year one is a wasted year if Chip is the target as I don't see him bolting until the 9'ers dumpsterfire of a season is done. It's going to take a few years to build that program back up anyways no matter who gets hired. There is no instant fix in college football.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 am
  • cesame wrote:On another note

The guys on 1080theFAN (Suke and Ropp) were saying yesterday that their sources in the program were saying that perhaps Oregon was starting to sour on Fleck after doing some digging.

Said that Fleck is supposedly a "poon hound". Said he drives his corvette to work and takes up 3 parking spaces with it. Not so much maturity issues but he's still just a really young coach.

It was interesting to listen to to say the least.

It was proven he doesn't even own a corvette, and his ex wife left him because she hated being a HC wife with all the hours he has to work. And honestly not a lot of marriages survive a child passing away at a young age.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 am
  • Local Boise tV said that Harsin was interviewed for the Oregon Job. Not sure if it is a ploy thing or real. Just thought I would put this out there.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:25 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Local Boise tV said that Harsin was interviewed for the Oregon Job. Not sure if it is a ploy thing or real. Just thought I would put this out there.

I saw on the ESPN ticker last night that Oregon has interviewed Taggart and Harsin.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:23 pm
  • Starting to feel like Fleck is staying at WMU. I dont think its going to be Chip. I guess my next choices would be Taggert or Rhule, but neither of them excite me as much as fleck or chip.

Also reports that they're interviewing Oakland Raider offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who of course was a Duck qb back in the day.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:23 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Starting to feel like Fleck is staying at WMU. I dont think its going to be Chip. I guess my next choices would be Taggert or Rhule, but neither of them excite me as much as fleck or chip.

Also reports that they're interviewing Oakland Raider offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who of course was a Duck qb back in the day.

A great QB too.

I remember watching an Oregon game vs WSU where he was throwing TD's left and right... unfortunately Steve Broussard was just tearing up the Duck D. I don't remember the score of that game or what year, but it had to be like 48 to 42 or something silly like that.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:57 pm
  • Word coming out of an announcement from Oregon tonight. Maybe within the next hour. Timing makes me wonder if it might be Chip after all.... tonights game in Chicago could have been his last straw.

No Harsin and No McElwayne, hopefully....
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:51 pm
  • My money is on there being no announcement tonight
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:23 am
  • Lots of mis direction going on now. Either Chip or Mullen.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:49 pm
  • So much heat right now with the Chip Kelly back to Oregon rumors

Should we believe it this time?
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm
  • cesame wrote:So much heat right now with the Chip Kelly back to Oregon rumors

Should we believe it this time?

Like I said I think it will be the Chipster. Money talks, more money talks louder.
    I'm sure uncle Phil will UP the ante if he thinks he's close on the Chipster.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:55 pm
  • The longer it takes the more it would seem like it is an NFL guy, I would think. Maybe an assistant from a playoff college team would be about the only other reasonable reason to not have picked somebody yet.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:49 pm

• So is it Harsin or Taggart?
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm
  • drrew wrote:

So is it Harsin or Taggart?

Taggart. Although I will point out, Chip Kelly is also a current non power 5 coach.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:20 pm
  • All out chaos right now
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm
  • cesame wrote:All out chaos right now

I actually really like Willie Taggart and think he'd be a good choice. But all of Duck nation is going to melt down if it turns out to not be Chip.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:49 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:All out chaos right now

I actually really like Willie Taggart and think he'd be a good choice. But all of Duck nation is going to melt down if it turns out to not be Chip.

Just heard on Mike and Mike that it's Taggart.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information