2017 Seahawks mock draft!!!!

cover-2

Reaction score
For this mock I have the Seahawks trading their 1st round pick to acquire an additional 2nd, 4th, & 7th round picks. This year is the "Year of the DE", and I have the Seahawks benefiting from the depth of this years DE and LB class.

2nd round (from trade) - (LB) T.J. Watt 6-5 243, Wisconsin: Yes, T.J. is the younger brother of JJ Watt. T.J. is just as relentless as his older brother. T.J. is athletic for his size, and he would be a perfect fit as the strong side LB for the Seahawks. T.J. is physical, he is outstanding vs the run, he easily takes on and shed blocks like a full grown man. He has outstanding size and length. He has an Earl Thomas type of work ethic, by no means is he entitled which I was expecting since his oldest brother is a former Badger and one of top defensive players in the NFL. T.J. could easily go in the 1st round if he declares, but for now I have him falling to us in the 2nd round.

[youtube]4BIRXTXxpYI[/youtube]

Here are a couple of more insightful videos of TJ Watt...
https://youtu.be/xkjmxfqAXds
https://youtu.be/HI9mPtLKMXY

2nd round - (DE/DT) Andrew Brown 6-4 285 lbs, Virginia: Brown was a 5-star recruit, consider the #2 DT in the nation, coming out of high school. Brown struggled with injuries his freshman year and his sophomore year he was in the d-coordinator's dog house. But, this season Brown is showing why he was so highly regarded. So far he has 6 sacks with 11 tackles for loss. His quickness and athleticism jumps off the screen when watching UVA defense, but so does his rawness as a pass rusher. He plays both DE and kicks inside to DT. He could easily add 15 lbs to his frame, which with his athleticism would make him an ideal 3-tech. I think a lot of people are looking for the next Michael Bennett and I think Brown is the best comp to Bennett in this year's draft...that is if he declares, he junior.

There are not any game tape scouting videos or highlight videos to post so here are a couple of videos I could find of him...

[youtube]-_7qTyNIGUY[/youtube]

Here is another video of Brown prior to his sophomore season.
https://youtu.be/TqfWCT5xvec

3rd round - (OT) Dion Dawkins 6-5 320 lbs, Temple: Dawkins looks like a solid OT, that could come in and start at RT or fill in at LT if Fant were to go down. He doesn't look like a SPAQ stud, but he isn't exactly a plodder either. Watching Dawkins, I think that athletically he is similar to Justin Britt.

[youtube]LyEaXlokybM[/youtube]

4th round (from trade) - (FS/SS/CB/LB) Obi Melifonwu 6-3 220 lbs, UConn: Obi, on tape, looks quick, fast, and fluid for his size. He has the frame that could add another 15 lbs without losing speed or fluidity. I envision him as a kind of utility player for the Seahawks. If Earl were to go down, Obi has the range to fill in at FS. He is not in the same mold as Kam, not a big hitter, but can he could be a good SS. Obi looks good in man coverage, and he could compete for some playing time at CB. If asked to bulk up to 230 lbs, he could be a very intriguing player as a weak side LB. Obi stats for the year so far...
83 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 4 interceptions, and 3 PBU's.

[youtube]0x3Nb2UXqx8[/youtube]

Here is a good quick video about Obi...
https://youtu.be/MBzZd1aVyJY

4th round (comp for Irvin) - (CB) Kevin King 6-3 192 lbs, Washington: King's size, length, man press skills, and ball hawking skills is perfect for the Seahawks.

[youtube]Xv8E4Z9HWZ0[/youtube]

4th round (comp for Sweezy) - (DT) Maurice Hurst 6-2 282 lbs, Michigan: Michigan's defensive line is loaded with talent and this year Hurst is their best interior pass rusher. He is a back up player, but he is consistently disruptive when he is on the field. Hurst has very good initial quickness to penetrate into the backfield. PFF loves Hurst, at the beginning of the year they mentioned Hurst as a potential 1st round pick. PFF right now has leading all DT's interior pass rush productivity with 26 pressures on 113 passing downs.

636127803404849768 michigan 102216 kd 34

6th round - (RB) De'Veon Smith 5-11 228 lbs, Michigan: Smith is a brusing RB that is relentless, if you try and tackle him you better bring some friends bring the guy down. He is not quick, shifty, or fast, but he has good balance and has the fight in him to get every inch he can with each carry.

[youtube]exGoEUZoB98[/youtube]

7th round (from trade) - 7th (OG/OC) Jon Toth 6-5 310 lbs, Kentucky: Toth could come in and compete and give us more depth on the o-line.

[youtube]HtAlyfIlIMA[/youtube]

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2doxuheo said:
I'd like to see us take one of the stud rb's that will be available in the first couple rounds.

I was of the same opinion up until this last game. I was surprised with how physical Prosise was running, he looks like he has take on the "I'm going to impose my will on you" type of running style that the Seahawks want in their RB's. Prosise could end up being a better version of Demarco Murray.

IMO there are only three RB's that the Seahawks would consider in the first two rounds. Their #1 rated RB would be Fournette of course, but they would have to trade a gang of draft picks to get him. Then IMO their #2 rated RB would be Elijah Hood, whom they could probably get at late in the 1st round or trade up in the 2nd to get him. And IMO their #3 rated RB would be Nick Chubb, but I pretty sure most other teams will rate Chubb over Hood.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice work, I appreciate it because I use these to get myself started on checking out college talent. And I've found that our posters have a lot of skill when it comes to evaluating and picking players for their mocks.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I haven't started scouting yet but if this class is so loaded on LBs and DEs wouldn't it make sense to draft an OLB in the first to sort out our most questionable defensive position?

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Overseasfan":27mob9ne said:
I haven't started scouting yet but if this class is so loaded on LBs and DEs wouldn't it make sense to draft an OLB in the first to sort out our most questionable defensive position?

In all fairness, I did have us drafting a LB with our first selection. I don't have us drafting a LB in the 1st round because we are a little light on draft picks this year, also there is good depth in the first two rounds at LB, and the fact that we tend to trade down in the first round.

For me T.J. Watt will be the best strong side LB in the draft, that is if he declares for the draft. If you are of the mindset of standing pat in the 1st round and taking a LB there, then maybe...a big maybe if one of the following LB's fell to us Florida's Jarrad Davis, Vanderbilt's Zach Cunningham, and Alabama's Reuben Foster could be options.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I do like Kevin King. 6' 3" like Sherman. Perhaps if Sherman coaches him up, he can serve well.

Blaze808

Reaction score
Sep-29-2016%2021-36-51.gif

Josh-Harvey-Clemons-dismissed-from-team.jpg

I like Josh Harvey Clemons SS at 6'5'' 230 in the 3rd round.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Blaze808":6j3jet2l said:
Sep-29-2016%2021-36-51.gif

Josh-Harvey-Clemons-dismissed-from-team.jpg

I like Josh Harvey Clemons SS at 6'5'' 230 in the 3rd round.

He definitely has the size and length that the Seahawks love. I'm a undecided on Clemons, when I have watched him he just didn't look physical player. With his size I want to see him be a more punishing hitter. I have to admit that sometimes I kind of write guys off a little quick, which is what I did with Clemons. Thanks for mentioning him, I'll have to go back and watch more game tape of him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking we have to add Baker into the mocks now, especially if Earl is thinking retirement. Or at the very least as insurance for the suddenly injury prone ET.

London12

Reaction score
CPHawk":3q4gbvyt said:
I'm thinking we have to add Baker into the mocks now, especially if Earl is thinking retirement. Or at the very least as insurance for the suddenly injury prone ET.

I don't really follow college football but have heard a bit about him. Do we think he'd fall to late in the first?

CPHawk

Reaction score
London12":3nkf4e35 said:
CPHawk":3nkf4e35 said:

I don't really follow college football but have heard a bit about him. Do we think he'd fall to late in the first?

Most mocks have him late 2 or 3 rounder.

Blaze808

Reaction score
Jamal Adams from LSU would be the closest comp to ET. Some mocks have falling late in the first round.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
For guys just starting to look at this years crop, here are the guys on the top of MY personal list so far, hope this helps y'all to get started. This list is of course subject to addition and deletion as new Information comes along.
MY CURRENT - TOP 4 PICKS - BY POSITION. - (Ratings) per cbssports.com 12/13/16 update. (* = IMO- underrated)

OT -----Josh Boutte(487-*), Adam Bisnowaty(61),-Taylor Moton(82), -Andreas Knappe(253-*)
OG-----Tyrone Crowder(71), -Jordan Morgan(270-*), -Forrest Lamp(256), Isaac Asiata(185)
DT -----Caleb Brantley(73-*), -Derrick Nnadi(123-*), -L. Lotulelei(56), -Dalvin Tomlinson(267-*)
DE -----Taco Charlton(31), -DeMarcus Walker(33), -Hunter Dimick(154), -Joe Mathis(183-*)
RB -----D'Onta Foreman(85-*), -Elijah Hood(114), -De'Veon Smith(201-*), Jamaal Williams(385)
FS/SS--Budda Baker(49), -Shalom Luani(369-*), -Obi Melifonwu(196-*), -Marcus Maye(91)
CB -----Adoree’ Jackson(28), -Kevin King(103-*), -Jourdan Lewis(49) -Rasul Douglas(136-*)
LB----T. McKinley(32), -Haason Reddick(45), -Ejuan Price(166-*), -Jimmy Gilbert(268-*)
WR----John Ross(16), Corey Davis(23), Jehu Chesson(156), Taywan Taylor(168-*)
PK-----PK-Zane Gonzalez(227)--Only IF they have an extra 7-th and want competition at PK to save $.
UDFA’s------CB/FS-Treston Decoud(334-*),--CB-Shaquill Griffin(743-*), --WR-Gabe Marks(284), WR-Dante Pettis(NR-*), and undersized QB-Zack Terrell(285-*).

Ozzy

Reaction score
Props to the OP for the amount of effort put into that initial post. Good stuff man.

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
just happened to look at Dawkins..my notes to myself

Dion Dawkins Temple 6'5 320 polite, good talker, fluent top heavy loses balance very aggressive mirrors well easy projection to RT/G but has a chance at lt

didn't notice what rd you mocked him..looks to be 4th/5th rd guy to me