Budda Baker on the Seahawks

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Of all the guys on the huskies roster right now I think Budda Baker is probably the one I'd like on our roster. I think he would be an amazing addition to the LOB.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd much rather have John Ross. Then Sydney Jones. Then Victor Azeem. Then maybe Baker... although i'd put Qualls and Vea right up there too.

cesame

Reaction score
John Ross is the most electric WR in the PAC 12 since DeSean Jackson

Id take him,,, but Lockett and Richardson are pretty similar to him.

Clark the shark

Reaction score
He plays a lot like Thomas, similar speed and range. He looks like a high draft pick as well. I hope he stays all four years but I think him and Jones will be first round picks if they come out this year. I'd love to draft Kevin King later on, since we haven't drafted a cb high since Pete got here I can't see Sidney Jones being targeted.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would take Jones over Ross.

The Hawks already went down that road once with drafting an electric receiver from the PAC 12 with past knee issues.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Trey Adams and Sidney Jones would be my 1 & 2 from the Huskies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":28gepgz0 said:
I'd much rather have John Ross. Then Sydney Jones. Then Victor Azeem. Then maybe Baker... although i'd put Qualls and Vea right up there too.
Weirdly, I agree with our Duck friend on this. BB would be about 4th on my list.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cesame":ufbhz2k7 said:
John Ross is the most electric WR in the PAC 12 since DeSean Jackson

Id take him,,, but Lockett and Richardson are pretty similar to him.
Ross would be better than Richardson. Injuries have taken away Paul's consistency and explosive play ability IMHO.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Just a hunch, but I feel like that if the Seahawks coaches find value in drafting a Husky player, it's going to be Kevin King. He's every bit as good as Sydney Jones, IMO, but doesn't seem to be rated as high, so he'll probably have better draft value.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah give me Trey Adams. As much as I love Fant, Adams will be a LT that you can pencil in for years.

As much as I love Ross, we already have a ton of receivers who fit his mold (small speedster type). He is basically a mixture of PRich and Lockett. At this point, if we draft a WR I'd much rather find a better version of Kerase (bigger WR who can move the chains).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":32twa7fu said:
Yeah give me Trey Adams. As much as I love Fant, Adams will be a LT that you can pencil in for years.

As much as I love Ross, we already have a ton of receivers who fit his mold (small speedster type). He is basically a mixture of PRich and Lockett. At this point, if we draft a WR I'd much rather find a better version of Kerase (bigger WR who can move the chains).

Isnt Trey Adams a true sophomore? He'll have at least one more year to go before draft eligibility. Maybe 2.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm with the OP on this one. Baker is someone I would love to see on the Seahawks. His play reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas and I'd love to see what Pete Carrol could do with him. King is another guy that needs to be a Seahawk. I can't believe a 6'3" CB like King is being slated as a 6th guy. I don't think he slides past the 3rd once the combine rolls around and people start looking at game tape on him.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DJrmb":h00n7ugy said:
I'm with the OP on this one. Baker is someone I would love to see on the Seahawks. His play reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas and I'd love to see what Pete Carrol could do with him. King is another guy that needs to be a Seahawk. I can't believe a 6'3" CB like King is being slated as a 6th guy. I don't think he slides past the 3rd once the combine rolls around and people start looking at game tape on him.

King's height, arm length, and ball skills are damn good. IMO, he's good enough to be a 2nd round pick, so if he's around in the 3rd, he'll be an absolute steal.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2jr8mmj8 said:
Hawk-Lock":2jr8mmj8 said:

Isnt Trey Adams a true sophomore? He'll have at least one more year to go before draft eligibility. Maybe 2.

Yeah he is at least a year or two away, but he has a chance to be a big time pick in the NFL.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
If I have to go on special ability, I'd go Ross/Baker.

If I'm going value, I'd go King/Pettis.

I would say of anyone, King is the most likely to be drafted by Seattle and to ensure that, he'd have to be a 3rd rounder. The draft is unusually stocked in DB and S prospects. It's entirely possible that both Baker and King are on the board at our 1st and 3rd round selections respectively.

The best prospect is Ross IMO. Speed aside, which should be ridiculous -- he's really shown an increased mastery of his craft. His hands are good, not great. But his route running is really crisp this year. He's not merely getting separation from speed. He's really blending speed and route precision at a high level this year and that combination translates very well at the NFL level.

King just screams Seahawk. And that was before this season. From a measurables standpoint, he's probably the perfect seahawk corner, with elite size and what should be close to elite explosion and speed. He would undoubtedly be the best leaper/straightline speed player on the roster on day 1. And his ability to play physical in the run defense game would only endear him more.

King's got the size and physical nature that Seattle covets. The kind of prospect who if taken in round 3 could end up being far and away the best DB in the entire draft in two years' time if he can develop. His ceiling is probably the highest of any DB in this draft.

cover-2

Reaction score
I like Baker a lot, but the coaching staff would have to find a role for him. IMO he doesn't have the desired length to play nickel CB, or the size to fill in for Kam at SS, and E.T. has FS locked down for at least the next 5 years.

If we can get on U-Dub player at a good value, I would want King if he is available in the 4th round.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jones, king, victor, Ross all in that order, baker doesn't even register since we have Thomas

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
How about Coleman? Love the size and physicalality. Seems to have very respectable burst too. Seems to be a very Seahawky RB to me. Like him much more than Gaskin

DJrmb

Reaction score
You don't pass on a potential hall of fame player just because you have one at the same position. Baker could easily move to slot corner or even SS when Kam misses his annual 3 or 4 games until we're ready for him to take over for Earl.

McGruff

Reaction score
I was really impressed with Baker. If we are looking for depth at FS, he's definitely one to watch, and he looks like he can play slot in sub packages.