CBS Mock Draft

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
At this point, I think it's too early to project an OL to Seattle.

Obviously from the national perspective, our OL is a train wreck. But from a boots on the ground perspective, I think there is a lot of room for optimism here with the guys we have on the roster. It does really appear that we can witness and pinpoint marked improvement week to week with the youth that we have. And at this point I think a lot of fans would probably be at least ok with watching this group as is begin to grow cohesively together.

RT is still an eyesore. But it's also not a position that a good team is compelled to invest a #1 pick on. That said, I have felt since the day we picked Ifedi that he'd be our RT in 2017. Feeney is an OG that I really REALLY like and if we're really interested in a blend of man/zone blocking, he'd be almost ideally suited for that purpose.

With Feeney/Baker/Davis (Jarrad)/Smoot/Wormley/Ramczyk on the board, it looks like a scenario where we trade back 4-5 spots and take the remainder. Seattle is very short on top 120 overall selections. I suspect we'd want to pick up more there.

I do expect we'll go pass rusher first. With a double dip somewhere later (Brantley maybe?). Possible we move back a couple times and pick the remainder of Wormley/Brantley in R2 -- adding multiple later picks. John abhors 'holes' in the draft order and we got some significant ones this year. Have a hard time thinking that an offensive guard would be more important that filling out the draft order.

cover-2

Reaction score
I could see Coach Cable moving Ifedi to RT and then draft a OG. But, IMO we need to leave Ifedi at RG and draft a OT somewhere in the first four rounds. Ifedi is playing good at RG and I would hate to see him regress or just have a bad year at RT, then eventually be moved back to RG the following year, the Bears made this mistake with OG Kyle Long.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I got the feeling Ifedi was drafted to be a tackle but that they decided linemen needed to start off as guards to get that "firing off" mentality that is lacking in the college game these days. So I'm guessing if there's going to be a new tackle, it will be Ifedi and not a draft choice.