Seahawks Safety . . . Calling my shot

McGruff

Reaction score
Take a chance to check out Safety Obi Malifonwo from UConn . . . big guy who looks like a good athlete on film. Seems to have good instincts reading and reacting to the play, and unlike a lot of safeties I’ve seen in this class, he’s an excellent tackler.

6'3", 220 pounds, 3 year starter who like Kam is a quiet but determined leader.

Coaches rave about him too. I’ve watched a lot of safeties this year in hopes that we can start to make a plan for life after Kam, and Malifonwu is the first one not named Peppers that has caught my attention.

Let me know what you think.

[youtube]SGGXZwRgKIo[/youtube]

[youtube]MBzZd1aVyJY[/youtube]

[youtube]0x3Nb2UXqx8[/youtube]

cover-2

Reaction score
He is a prospect I like as well, in my mock draft I had us taking him the 4th round. I have also kind of been looking for a prospect that can kind of fill the role of Kam, not that I think Kam's career is nearing its end. Obi is a very fluid athlete for his size, and I think could play multiple positions in the secondary. He doesn't look like a big hitter, but yeah, otherwise he is a really intriguing prospect. Defiantly a player to monitor during the post-season all-star games and NFL combine.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
cover-2":2udn2028 said:
He is a prospect I like as well, in my mock draft I had us taking him the 4th round. I have also kind of been looking for a prospect that can kind of fill the role of Kam, not that I think Kam's career is nearing its end. Obi is a very fluid athlete for his size, and I think could play multiple positions in the secondary. He doesn't look like a big hitter, but yeah, otherwise he is a really intriguing prospect. Defiantly a player to monitor during the post-season all-star games and NFL combine.

Yeah, he's not a hitter like Kam, but he is a sure tackler. In their scheme they alternate between cover 2 and single high, and I think he is miscast as a FS. Covers the slot as well.

I like his tackling and his read and react skills. Seems like a very well prepared, cerebral guy too. And in interviews he comes off as very polished and team centered.