Ex-USC star Joe McKnight shot and killed in New Orleans

sc85sis

Reaction score
Just found out about this in the last hour. I'm in shock. He was only 28 and has at least one kid. Just totally senseless.

Fight On and RIP, Joe.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Supposedly the shooter has been released without charges. There HAS to be more to the story.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wonder if he was the aggressor in this case, and the shooter was just defending himself.

There is definitely more to this than what is being released so far.

Osprey

Reaction score
Last news blurb I heard on the radio said the shooters brass was inside his own car.
If true that sounds like McKnight as the aggressor, exact opposite of the original reports of the shooter standing over him.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sc85sis":6d8i2wz6 said:
Trojan family is taking this hard. We lost Ryan Francis several years ago to a shooting in the NOLA area when the kid was still a student. Now Joe.

Pete is pretty upset, based on this.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 99578.html

Some coaches would say those kind of things because its what they're supposed to say. With Pete you get the feeling that its really coming from the heart.

SeaChat

Reaction score
My oldest son took a job in New Orleans back in the early 90s, and said that shootings were way more common place there than anywhere else we or he had ever lived before, and that is saying some, having lived in Little Rock, Arkansas for a time, where I was employed as a Polaski County deputy sheriff,, which allowed me a pretty good handle on what was up so far as gun violence down there at that time anyways.

My son, said when he went out clubbing, in New Orleans, that you never, ever, "stepped outside" in to the parking lot, to settle anything, if you did 9 times out of 10, a gun would find its way into the conversation. He recollected a few times, when leaving the clubs down there, the police where outside, guns drawn putting someone in cuffs or loading a body into the back of anf ambulance.

I'm not saying that New Orleans is the only place in the country where gun play arising as a means of settling disagreements, but it sure has a well earned reputation of being one of the worst. Luisianna has a long history of pretty liberal laws on their books that allow a lot of latitude for the use of guns. Say a few magic words before you pull the trigger and you can walk awayaway without charges being brought against you.

Some people think that's a good thing, and maybe it is, but for me personally, I'd like to think of something short of that to settle any differences I might have with someone.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Stuff like that is why I love Pete. He's got such a good heart and is so willing to give of himself to help others. He's an excellent coach of more than just football.