Which Big10 team should we be rooting for?

cymatica

Reaction score
Assuming the Huskies aren't a lock to make the final four, which big10 team winning gives them the best shot? Wisconsin or sandusky's playground? I keep hearing penn state has a chance so i assume we want them to lose.

Ps. Anyone watch the team intros? Wilson introduced wisconsin and i just realized he has the stoner eyes, or maybe he should make some time for sleep

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1kv8vifs said:
It doesnt matter. UW is in. I'd bet my house on it.

That's what i thought, but let's assume they aren't.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wisconsin IMO. Penn St beat Ohio St, last thing we need is the committee to give us some BS excuse about how they need to let in Penn St because they won the head to head with Ohio St who will be in the CFP.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've heard the argument for Michigan, but I really felt like they got eliminated in that loss to Ohio St last week. They have two losses, we have one. And one of their losses was to a horrible Iowa team. Our one loss was to a really good USC team.I just don't get the hype for Michigan. They are a good team, but their wins are not impressive. Their best wins are all at home, against Penn St, Wisconsin and Colorado. While those wins are nice, they don't have a good road win. Washington can at least say it beat a ranked Utah and WSU team on the road.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":20xn3pfw said:
I've heard the argument for Michigan, but I really felt like they got eliminated in that loss to Ohio St last week. They have two losses, we have one. And one of their losses was to a horrible Iowa team. Our one loss was to a really good USC team.I just don't get the hype for Michigan. They are a good team, but their wins are not impressive. Their best wins are all at home, against Penn St, Wisconsin and Colorado. While those wins are nice, they don't have a good road win. Washington can at least say it beat a ranked Utah and WSU team on the road.
And smoked a top 10 Colorado team at a neutral field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3b0qx2dk said:
According to the committee guy, it's Michigan who is neck and neck with Washington. After last night's game UW had only the slightest advantage.

So, the worst case for the Huskies is a huge Wisconsin win. That will strengthen Michigan's case and put them in the playoff.

That is exactly what is happening.

If you don't believe me, go through and listen to the interviews with the committee and the woman from ESPN who spoke to them.
Not anymore, it's all tied up. UW should have nothing to worry about.
UW is 12-1 if the 2 loss teams don't like it then they should have won more games.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2yojgtxa said:
Sports Hernia":2yojgtxa said:
Clemson also struggling to put away VT can't hurt UW's cause either.

They are struggling with the #23 team in the country on a neutral field.

Washington just blew out the #20 team in the country on that team's home field by 40 points, then turned around and blew out the #8 team in the country by 35 on a neutral field.

If Clemson is ranked ahead of Washington after this weekend, something is pretty rotten.

This. The team that is currently hot should also be a factor.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3gisccru said:
Sports Hernia":3gisccru said:

Washington just blew out the #20 team in the country on that team's home field by 40 points, then turned around and blew out the #8 team in the country by 35 on a neutral field.

If Clemson is ranked ahead of Washington after this weekend, something is pretty rotten.

Clemson has won at Auburn and at Florida State. And beat Louisville. All of those are better wins then anything UW has. Colorado is not very good. Wsu is not very good. I dont care what rankings say. Clemsons resume is WAY better then UW's.

UW has played exactly 1 good team this year. And they lost.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":so458uqf said:
JSeahawks":so458uqf said:
The_Z_Man":so458uqf said:
Sports Hernia":so458uqf said:

Clemson has won at Auburn and at Florida State. And beat Louisville. All of those are better wins then anything UW has. Colorado is not very good. Wsu is not very good. I dont care what rankings say. Clemsons resume is WAY better then UW's.

UW has played exactly 1 good team this year. And they lost.

You've been going on about how UW is going to be the 3 seed, but now you are arguing against yourself because you're trying to convince yourself that the Huskies are worse than they are because you don't like them.

Dear Sybil, when you figure out which side you're going to take, please let us know! :177692:

No i'm not. Ive been saying 1. Alabama 2. clemson 3 washington 4 ohio state

Cartire

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ieax7hz said:
No i'm not. Ive been saying 1. Alabama 2. clemson 3 washington 4 ohio state

I think the committee shakes things up, and actually goes 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Washington 4. Penn St

It would be more controversial, but would have plenty of justification. It's exactly what the committee was designed to do, add a human element that was bound to be biased and have self interests, even if minimal. That meeting is 50% about how the PR is going to work and what interview they are going to line up for in the morning. This is as much about click amounts and revenue as it is actually ranking.

Plus I think the Child Touchers are better than Ohio anyway.

EDIT: Also, if I'm wrong, and they keep Ohio in, they will rank them 3rd. WA will be 4th.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
"Sandusky's playground"
"Child touchers"
I hope that some way, some how, PSU gets a shot at UW.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
WmHBonney":ukftqgg0 said:
"Sandusky's playground"
"Child touchers"

Pizza State University

Threedee

Reaction score
WmHBonney":k7tjr2p2 said:
"Sandusky's playground"
"Child touchers"

Every time there's a lopsided affair involving PSU, I joke that PSU/Opponent is getting molested. I crack myself up, every time.

Threedee

Reaction score
Final CFB Committee Rankings

ALABAMA
CLEMSON
OHIO STATE
MICHIGAN
PENN STATE
WISCONSIN
NEBRASKA
IOWA
MICHIGAN STATE