Washington v. Alabama

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Well it's official (according to what I read on NFL.com this morning) and these two teams are matched up in the playoffs. I haven't been keeping track of college ball a whole lot this year, but this seems to me like a powerhouse match up.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Alabama is favored by 2 TD's. I could see a 34-21 Bama win.

I really hope we can hang with them but by no means think this is going to be easy.

I think I would have rathered let Penn St have a shot at them. We could have played the under rated and disrespected team playing against Michigan in the Rose Bowl and if we were able to beat them it would have been an amazing season where would would have finished #3.

a lose to Bama will probably drop us to # 7.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Lambs to a slaughter.

UW is not going to be able to run the ball. Period. And Browning isnt good enough to beat them through the air. This is going to be ugly.

OP
OP
Seahawk_Dan

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
So from what I'm getting on here it's either going to me a soft loss to Alabama, ala by two touch downs or a total unforgiving bludgeoning by Alabama. Ouch. Does Washington have absolutely no chance?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1ywcnxv3 said:
So from what I'm getting on here it's either going to me a soft loss to Alabama, ala by two touch downs or a total unforgiving bludgeoning by Alabama. Ouch. Does Washington have absolutely no chance?

No. And thats not a knock on Washington. Alabama is just that much better then everybody else.

Yesterday they held Florida to -1 rushing yards on 30 carries in the SEC title game.

cymatica

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tw2o63e said:
Seahawk_Dan":3tw2o63e said:

No. And thats not a knock on Washington. Alabama is just that much better then everybody else.

Yesterday they held Florida to -1 rushing yards on 30 carries in the SEC title game.

You're just a bitter ducks fan

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cymatica":3g169p1m said:
JSeahawks":3g169p1m said:
Seahawk_Dan":3g169p1m said:

Bitter about what? I'm fine and happy. We're getting a new coach, this was a great year for the Ducks. If you spend time in this forum you know i've been rooting for the Huskies all year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Huskies would have been better off losing the the Cougs.

They wanted this and now they got it.

cymatica

Reaction score
JSeahawks":weia291l said:
cymatica":weia291l said:
JSeahawks":weia291l said:
Seahawk_Dan":weia291l said:

Bitter about what? I'm fine and happy. We're getting a new coach, this was a great year for the Ducks. If you spend time in this forum you know i've been rooting for the Huskies all year.

I see things mostly the same as you. I dont know about bowl games but final standings:

1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. UW
4. WSU
5. Cal
6. OSU

You guys are simply hilarious.

Enjoy your one year wonder status.

Threedee

Reaction score
Speaking as a Notre Dame fan, you who are actually Huskies fans, and not merely provincial Seattleites (like me, who will root Huskies, Cougars, Eagles, Zags, etc), it's much better to be in the big show than have a losing record, for example. Anyway, we got curb-stomped in 2012, but I think the UW offense is much better.

cover-2

Reaction score
Whoaaaaa......this is going to be a great game. Alabama is a great matchup for Washington.

Washington has big athletic d-lineman that can shut down Alabama's run game. Washington d-line consists of (DE) Elijah Qualls 6-1 321 lbs, (DT) Greg Gaines 6-2 318 lbs, (DT) Vita Vea 6-5 332 lbs, and the freshman stud (DE) Benning Potoa'e 6-3 270 lbs. Be creative with an occasional blitz, looking at you Budda Baker, and watch the best secondary in college football get their interceptions.

On offense, neutralize Bama's pass rushers by just throwing quick hitting passes to our exceptionally quick WR's John Ross and Chico McClatcher.

I can easily see Washington winning this game. :2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cover-2":2u5wfzhw said:
Whoaaaaa......this is going to be a great game. Alabama is a great matchup for Washington.

Washington has big athletic d-lineman that can shut down Alabama's run game. Washington d-line consists of (DE) Elijah Qualls 6-1 321 lbs, (DT) Greg Gaines 6-2 318 lbs, (DT) Vita Vea 6-5 332 lbs, and the freshman stud (DE) Benning Potoa'e 6-3 270 lbs. Be creative with an occasional blitz, looking at you Budda Baker, and watch the best secondary in college football get their interceptions.

On offense, neutralize Bama's pass rushers by just throwing quick hitting passes to our exceptionally quick WR's John Ross and Chico McClatcher.

Has anybody ever shut down Alabama's running game? Washington allows double the amount of rushing yards per game as Alabama does. Washington couldnt shut down Utahs running game, or USC's, or Arizona's, or even Oregon's, what makes you think they're going to stop Alabama's? Especially without Azeem Victor who is by far their best run stuffing linebacker.

Again, my opinion that UW is going to get smashed has very little to do with Washington. Bama is just that good. If UW is within 20 at the final gun thats quite an accomplishment.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Rrally Don't thinj Dawgs have a shot, but this will be a great test for them, as well as some great national exposure.

I see Bama having their way with any of the three teams.. they are far better than all three

cover-2

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20uotvtw said:
cover-2":20uotvtw said:

Has anybody ever shut down Alabama's running game? Washington allows double the amount of rushing yards per game as Alabama does. Washington couldnt shut down Utahs running game, or USC's, or Arizona's, or even Oregon's, what makes you think they're going to stop Alabama's? Especially without Azeem Victor who is by far their best run stuffing linebacker.

Alabama has an elite run stopping defense, I'm not saying Washington's run defense is on par with Bama's. Washington's run defense is no slouch, they have the 17th ranked run defense in the nation. Washington has the personal, if they commit to stop the run, to shut down Bama's run game. Washington can accomplish it by playing a four man front on the d-line, using their big athletic lineman, and put an eighth player down in the box.

Make Bama's freshman QB try to beat you with his arm. Jalen Hurts is talented but he hasn't seen a secondary as talented as the Washington's. The last top notch secondary Hurts played against was LSU, in that game he passed for 107 yards with a bad QB rating of 89.41.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
We'll see I guess. I think Clemson is the matchup that UW should have been hoping for.

Ohio State and Alabama just have bigger, faster athletes then anything they've ever seen.