With Earl's injury, do the Hawks look hard at Budda Baker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Baker is as close as it gets to an Earl clone. Undersized but very fast (should clock in the same range as Earl in the 40 at a similar height/weight). Great athleticism, instincts, playing speed, and a good tackler with impressive hitting ability for his size.

Even if Earl comes back 100%, Baker could fit well in a Tyrann Mathieu type role, covering the slot. Or he could play deep in a base nickel with Kam pushed up to more of a LB role.

McCray is a UFA and Terrell, Shead, and Thorpe are all RFAs, so there is a need.

Not sure where he'll get drafted but he could be a target in the 1st or 2nd round and I'd love to add him to the LOB.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Think he's there when Seattle picks? I'm not so sure. That... and I think we pick OL again in round 1 (if we're able to get Bennett's extension done). If not, I think we go DT.

sutz

Reaction score
Only saw a couple of Husky games, but seems like Baker or one of his teammates could fit right in with the LoB.

Pete picks up DBs almost every draft IIRC, so it could happen. Safeties used to go in later rounds. With the success of the LoB and teams copying our concepts around the league, they go earlier and earlier. I could see Budda as a first day pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.