Later Round 5/6/7/UDFA - LB options.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO-The first few rounds of the draft comes from the top 80-100 or so players we all have fairly good knowledge of, however after that, the draft becomes a crap shoot. At this point of the season, I'm always on the lookout for player rankings that -DON'T JIVE- with production #'s on the stat sheets. As an example of this I'm just sharing my current list of ---- "Seahawk later round -LB- potential draft picks".---- I'm in the process of the same top 4 - later round underrated lists for DE/DT/CB/S/RB/WR/TE (I'm retired, so looking through the weeds to find the flowers is my thing). IMO, in this years draft LB is an obvious later round need after several other positions are filled. Obviously, stats aren't everything, but IMO they can be a great indicator of potential value that some may flat out overlook especially this early in the draft.

A few of these guys are undersized and/or play in lesser college conferences. However, their individual performances may require careful review as they could have some good upside and are indeed underrated stat wise (or just plain overlooked) but still of some significant draft VALUE. IMO-These LB's need to be evaluated further as potential Seahawks later round picks. I'm just starting to look for film & scouting reports on these guys. NOTE: All RANKINGS are per cbssports.com 12/13/16 update (which will - of course - change in the future as more info comes in like combine #'s, etc.).

1----LB-Marquel Lee, Wake Forest, 6-3/240---Ranked 157-overall & Rd-4/5 pick (Haven't heard his name much at all?)
2016 production: 19-TFL, 7.5-Sacks, 4-QBH, 3-FF. (40 time unknown yet.)

2----OLB-Ejuan Price, Pittsburg, 6-0/255---Ranked 168-overall & Rd-5 pick. (underrated, short but he's a VERY busy guy.)
2016 production: 21-TFL, 12.0-Sacks, 13-QBH, 3-FF, 1-BK. (40 time unknown yet.)

3----OLB-Keion Adams, W. Michigan--6-2/245---Ranked 265-overall & Rd 7/FA pick. (nice size, small school, big guy.)
2016 production: 17-TFL, 7.5-Sacks, 12-QBH, 2-FF, 1-INT. (40 time unknown yet.)

4----OLB-Jimmy Gilbert, Colorado, 6-4/230---Ranked 268-overall & Rd-7/FA pick. (big, underrated thumper, a sleeper?)
2016 production: 12.5-TFL, 9.5-Sacks, 3-PBU, 6-QBH & **6-FF** (FF = 1 of my favorite stats.). (40 time unknown yet.)

As I'm doing my LB review now, has anyone seen much of these particular players or have any opinions about them or maybe others that MAY be available in ***RD-4/5 thru UDFA***? Maybe injured guys with prior years of good production?