Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

If the Seahawks had the 1st pick, who would you take?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • The only rule is you cant say you would trade the pick. I want to know which prospect you would add to the Seahawks out of them all. For me, its really only between Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen, and Leonard Fournette. I cant make up my mind, though I'm leaning towards one of the defensive guys.

Which is scarier as a NASCAR package? Clark/Allen/Bennett/Avril or Garrett/Clark/Bennett/Avril?
    ARhawk
    NET Rookie

• It would be hard to pass up Cam Robinson to solidify our tackle position. But i'd probably go Myles Garrett.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I think you nailed it. I'd like to think Fournette would make the bigggest difference. A solid running game would help the OL, Defense and RW.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• If we ad the #1, then I would also think we would have the first in the 2nd as well.

These would be my two choices:

Cam Robinson
    JuJu Smith-Schuster
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• It'd be awesome to have any of the three guys mentioned in the OP, personally I'd give the edge to Jonathan Allen.
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

• Jonathan Allen
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• allen
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Myles Garrett or Allen.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Gotta watch the tape, but I'm leaning Allen.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Fournette

We'll never have any measure of consistency on offense being a passing team.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• I like Cook or get the best DL
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Trade down from the Browns for a 2nd and 3rd :D
    Blaze808
    NET Bench Warmer

• Trade the pick for the best O line coach available.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• vin.couve12 wrote:Fournette

Fournette is overrated.
    Davin cook is the best rb in this draft
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Trade the pick for the best O line coach available.

And watch him pull his hair out because he inherited THIS line.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Makes sense for the Hawks to select the best OT if they had the first pick. Guys like Allen and Garrett would have huge impacts but we're already kind of stacked at DE so not sure that would be the right choice. Cam Robinson would be my pick.
    Overseasfan
    NET Veteran

• Bama OT Cam Robinson if he comes out. We need an offensive tackle worse than any other team in the league but this is supposedly a poor draft for the position. From what I've read there are maybe two prospects in this draft that even project to left tackle. If Robinson comes out he would easily be the best of them.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• I have lost confidence in this regime to draft good OL talent.

Too many fails to list. I'm not sure what the fix is. Perhaps getting known quantities is the best way the Hawks can build their line. I don't agree with that methodology though.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• I might be the only one that thinks this but I don't think left tackle is a big need. I think Fant with experience will be fine. The Seahawks main problem is the inside gets consistently blown up. Particularly left guard. Britt and Ifedi will be fine with time. If anything you keep Fant and develop him, keep of course Britt and continue developing Ifedi.

Whoever is the best pass rushing defensive tackle you pick him, only if his talents are worthy of the first overall pick but you waste it if you just pick a player for need. They need to be worthy of it. The Seahawks NASCAR package of Avril, Bennett, Clark and Marsh often times lack size and strength. They need a true bulldozing DT anchor in the worst way.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie

• And Rubin/McDaniel aren't getting any younger. Man, if only we had a healthy Quintin Jefferson. Oh wait, he's on IR with the rest of our team.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• I take Dalvin Cook. He has speed, power, vision, and durability. Much better than Fournette. Plus Cook ran behind a terrible line his entire time at FSU so he will be used to doing it on his own. ;)
    classicaaron
    NET Practice Squad

• CHawkTailGator wrote:I have lost confidence in this regime to draft good OL talent.

Too many fails to list. I'm not sure what the fix is. Perhaps getting known quantities is the best way the Hawks can build their line. I don't agree with that methodology though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I believe Cable said something in the line of, "colleges do not produce quality lineman anymore, with the spread offenses, etc etc."

But, if that's true how come other teams seem to be able to develop solid offensive lines?

Maybe Tom Cable isn't as good of an evaluator or coach as we hope he is.

I don't know.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie

• Allen. All day every day.

Allen turns this defense from a top three defense to an all time great defense.

Honestly though, we could possibly achieve this by adding Calais Campbell if he becomes available.

Allen or Campbell on a line with Avril, Clark and Bennett. There is pretty much one guy who is going to come free on nearly every dropback.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Gotta watch the tape, but I'm leaning Allen.

Watch the UW tape. He single handedly wrecked the Huskies offense.

I'd go Allen. We could get a damn good RB with the 1st pick in the 2nd, or maybe trade it and a 4th to go back into the 1st and grab Coleman from FSU.

I'd love Garrett but I think he's redundant for us as we have Clark, Bennett and Avril (yes I know Bennett and Avril are getting older but they've shown no signs of slowing down).

I see Allen being something like a beefier Aaron Donald. Think about that or a Suh type player going 3 downs and crushing not only the run but the pass as well. We'd be back to allowing 15 ppg on defense immediately.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Fournette

Fournette is overrated.
    Davin cook is the best rb in this draft

Cook is an impressive player. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a Marshall Faulk type career.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• As of right now, without spending much time watching these guys I'd lean Garrett or Allen.

NOTE: I've watched more Allen than I have Garrett. He's going to be a force
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• I would take Jonathan Allen. Everyone is clamoring for more pressure from the interior of the defensive line and Allen would solve that concern. I really hope the 49ers don't draft him, its bad enough we have to go against Aaron Donald twice a year.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:It would be hard to pass up Cam Robinson to solidify our tackle position. But i'd probably go Myles Garrett.

If you want someone to false start, then sure.

He lost Alabama the championship game period
    "Go Hawks"
    Geologic
    NET Starter

• Prosise is going to surprise a few of you next year apparently. I'm torn between Allen and Robinson. I'll lean Robinson but could switch if you asked me in 10 minutes.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• Jonathon Allen for me. Our defense would be incredible.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• Trade down to around 15 and get Ram if he stayed in school one more year he would be a top 5 pick. Myles is tempting but I would rather see Russ not in a body bag before putting even more into the D.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:Bama OT Cam Robinson if he comes out. We need an offensive tackle worse than any other team in the league but this is supposedly a poor draft for the position. From what I've read there are maybe two prospects in this draft that even project to left tackle. If Robinson comes out he would easily be the best of them.

Well you'll like this mock draft.

Seahawks take Cam Robinson.... at 26.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Bama OT Cam Robinson if he comes out. We need an offensive tackle worse than any other team in the league but this is supposedly a poor draft for the position. From what I've read there are maybe two prospects in this draft that even project to left tackle. If Robinson comes out he would easily be the best of them.

Three mock drafts, one has Robinson at #8, one at #10, one at #14. Could he fall to #26? Possible but not likely, more likely to be Ryan Ramczyk.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... 1.11395517

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... mock+draft

Mock drafts at this time of the year are notoriously inaccurate. Mainly because most are based off of reputation and hype built before the season. People who do mock drafts are amateurs. Some more talented than others. But mainly it takes time to look at prospects as a whole and grade them relative to each other. That takes a lot of hours. And doing it in your spare time stretches that process out even more.

If you want to understand the mock authors to follow -- start by examining how they evaluate/review the prospects. And their understanding of what team's needs/philosophies are. The more detail into these aspects (not merely that a prospect is special, but in what ways), the more you're looking at an author that makes his own reads instead of regurgitating the latest groupthink.

As an example, Robinson and Peppers are undoubtedly two such groupthink prospects. Robinson could be sitting there are the #4 OT in a poor class. And the only one with significant red flags to boot. Robinson was a pre season all american and presumed to be the best tackle far and away in the class. Then the season played out. And the red flags settled. He'll drop like a rock.

Peppers is touted as an athlete. But this is a league filled with athletes. You can get elite for the NFL athletes in day 3 and develop those. Peppers has to fit somewhere and project to excel. You can't just be an athlete, you have to have other special qualities.

Now if you want to argue his ability to make plays and his general gravitas as an impact player -- that's a different discussion. At that point, you need a team able and willing to find a niche for him. Which teams in the early part of the draft are like that? Not many. Now he's falling not because of his ability, but of the teams willing to be unorthodox. Which is hard to justify to your fans when you've just spent a season sucking and have a lot of holes to fill.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:Bama OT Cam Robinson if he comes out. We need an offensive tackle worse than any other team in the league but this is supposedly a poor draft for the position. From what I've read there are maybe two prospects in this draft that even project to left tackle. If Robinson comes out he would easily be the best of them.

Three mock drafts, one has Robinson at #8, one at #10, one at #14. Could he fall to #26? Possible but not likely, more likely to be Ryan Ramczyk.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... 1.11395517

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... mock+draft

Mock drafts at this time of the year are notoriously inaccurate. Mainly because most are based off of reputation and hype built before the season. People who do mock drafts are amateurs. Some more talented than others. But mainly it takes time to look at prospects as a whole and grade them relative to each other. That takes a lot of hours. And doing it in your spare time stretches that process out even more.

If you want to understand the mock authors to follow -- start by examining how they evaluate/review the prospects. And their understanding of what team's needs/philosophies are. The more detail into these aspects (not merely that a prospect is special, but in what ways), the more you're looking at an author that makes his own reads instead of regurgitating the latest groupthink.

As an example, Robinson and Peppers are undoubtedly two such groupthink prospects. Robinson could be sitting there are the #4 OT in a poor class. And the only one with significant red flags to boot. Robinson was a pre season all american and presumed to be the best tackle far and away in the class. Then the season played out. And the red flags settled. He'll drop like a rock.

Peppers is touted as an athlete. But this is a league filled with athletes. You can get elite for the NFL athletes in day 3 and develop those. Peppers has to fit somewhere and project to excel. You can't just be an athlete, you have to have other special qualities.

Now if you want to argue his ability to make plays and his general gravitas as an impact player -- that's a different discussion. At that point, you need a team able and willing to find a niche for him. Which teams in the early part of the draft are like that? Not many. Now he's falling not because of his ability, but of the teams willing to be unorthodox. Which is hard to justify to your fans when you've just spent a season sucking and have a lot of holes to fill.

LOL, nothing personal, but you attest how these mock draft creators are "amateurs" and then go on to make some very authoritative statements. Am I to believe that they are amateurs and you are not?

I am not naive enough to believe that they are going to be entirely accurate, but what I look for is consensus, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's "group-think."

All that aside, I like Ryan Ramzcyk better because he is more developed in pass blocking.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

• sondevil89 wrote:LOL, nothing personal, but you attest how these mock draft creators are "amateurs" and then go on to make some very authoritative statements. Am I to believe that they are amateurs and you are not?

I am not naive enough to believe that they are going to be entirely accurate, but what I look for is consensus, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's "group-think."

All that aside, I like Ryan Ramzcyk better because he is more developed in pass blocking.

Not taken personally. Also not meant to be a negative.

We're all amateurs. Some however are better than others. And those tend to be the ones that are able to explain their positions more. They simply offer more insight into why they think people will be picked where they are. Usually that insight is based on their own viewing of the players.

The quality of mock draft authors is really all over the map. There are definitely some sources to avoid. And usually they are pretty obvious in their lack of depth and research.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Conventional NFL wisdom says you never pass on the best DL and I would have to concur. Myles Garrett for sure but at our 26 pick I'm praying for Ramczyk who is a more developed pass blocker than Cam Robinson.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

• Ya, if we are talking number 1 overall I am taking Garrett no questions asked. Can never have too many pass rushers and him with Bennett, Frank, and Cliff would be unreal. Would also allow for life after Bennett to look a lot better.

At 26, as much of a cop out as this is I want BPA. FA will give a much clearer picture on need, but this roster just needs a dog....anywhere. Secondary, SAM Backer, DL, OL all would do well with a new young stud. If all is equal obviously OL would be nice, but there are only 2 guys I would consider at that spot.

Bolles I would run to the podium, he is my LT1. Guy has good feet, anchors really well, plays with balanced and strong base at all times, and is just mean as hell in the run game. He is a finisher. He could plug in at LT day one and be an upgrade in both pass pro and the run game...he is also the one guy I could see plugged in at RT day one as well because of how much of a mauler he is in the run game. I see him as a future pro bowler and he honestly compares a lot to Jack Conklin last year to me.

I like Ramczyk and would be fine taking him in the 1st and plugging him in at LT. But, he needs to add lower half strength. He can get beat by a decent bull rush and needs to add some pop in the run game. Has really nice feet and moves well and targets well in space, but I much prefer Bolles overall. Especially if we are trying to get our run game back on track.

This draft is stacked with secondary talent at a perfect time we could use an injection of youth. I could see us double dipping at corner and also adding a safety for competition. There are a handful of corners I would consider at 26.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• pcbball12 wrote:Ya, if we are talking number 1 overall I am taking Garrett no questions asked. Can never have too many pass rushers and him with Bennett, Frank, and Cliff would be unreal. Would also allow for life after Bennett to look a lot better.

At 26, as much of a cop out as this is I want BPA. FA will give a much clearer picture on need, but this roster just needs a dog....anywhere. Secondary, SAM Backer, DL, OL all would do well with a new young stud. If all is equal obviously OL would be nice, but there are only 2 guys I would consider at that spot.

Bolles I would run to the podium, he is my LT1. Guy has good feet, anchors really well, plays with balanced and strong base at all times, and is just mean as hell in the run game. He is a finisher. He could plug in at LT day one and be an upgrade in both pass pro and the run game...he is also the one guy I could see plugged in at RT day one as well because of how much of a mauler he is in the run game. I see him as a future pro bowler and he honestly compares a lot to Jack Conklin last year to me.

I like Ramczyk and would be fine taking him in the 1st and plugging him in at LT. But, he needs to add lower half strength. He can get beat by a decent bull rush and needs to add some pop in the run game. Has really nice feet and moves well and targets well in space, but I much prefer Bolles overall. Especially if we are trying to get our run game back on track.

This draft is stacked with secondary talent at a perfect time we could use an injection of youth. I could see us double dipping at corner and also adding a safety for competition. There are a handful of corners I would consider at 26.

Bolles is projected rds 2-3, he might go sooner w/teams needing OT's so bad. From what I'm reading he has some strength concerns also. He is also turning 25 in a couple of months so there is that too. I want to see how he does at the combines.
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

• sondevil89 wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote:Ya, if we are talking number 1 overall I am taking Garrett no questions asked. Can never have too many pass rushers and him with Bennett, Frank, and Cliff would be unreal. Would also allow for life after Bennett to look a lot better.

Bolles is projected rds 2-3, he might go sooner w/teems needing OT's so bad. From what I'm reading he has some strength concerns also. He is also turning 25 in a couple of months so there is that too. I want to see how he does at the combines.

I get where many are projecting him right now. However, any opinion I throw out on a prospect on this site is from my own breakdown of their film. It is my hobby to build a scouting database each year for the draft, watching 2-4 games of each prospect (that I can find on draft breakdown), take notes, and grade them. So I am not basing my opinion on the work of others. It is just my opinion so it doesn't make it fact, everyone sees film a little bit differently. It is part of what makes this process so interesting.

As for Bolles, he does not need to add strength. He has tremendous lower half strength and it shows in his anchor in pass pro and leg drive in the run game. He is a complete mauler. I am not too worried about him being 25, he is day 1 ready so I am confident he will give 8 really good years.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• pcbball12 wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote:Ya, if we are talking number 1 overall I am taking Garrett no questions asked. Can never have too many pass rushers and him with Bennett, Frank, and Cliff would be unreal. Would also allow for life after Bennett to look a lot better.

Bolles is projected rds 2-3, he might go sooner w/teems needing OT's so bad. From what I'm reading he has some strength concerns also. He is also turning 25 in a couple of months so there is that too. I want to see how he does at the combines.

I get where many are projecting him right now. However, any opinion I throw out on a prospect on this site is from my own breakdown of their film. It is my hobby to build a scouting database each year for the draft, watching 2-4 games of each prospect (that I can find on draft breakdown), take notes, and grade them. So I am not basing my opinion on the work of others. It is just my opinion so it doesn't make it fact, everyone sees film a little bit differently. It is part of what makes this process so interesting.

As for Bolles, he does not need to add strength. He has tremendous lower half strength and it shows in his anchor in pass pro and leg drive in the run game. He is a complete mauler. I am not too worried about him being 25, he is day 1 ready so I am confident he will give 8 really good years.

Here's at least one mock draft that agrees w/you. Bolles seems to be the current flavor of the month, it will be interesting to see how he grades out at the combines. If he is indeed that good it looks like we would have an excellent chance to get him.
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

• Myles Garrett. Bad draft for OL. Pick one up later.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• I would be tempted to take cam Robinson. That dude has a nasty attitude, and I think pro ready. But Fournette is a once in a generation mix of size, speed and talent. I wouldn't be mad if they even traded up to get him.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• Myles Garrett. You do not pass up the opportunity to take a potentially elite all-pro edge defender. Jonathan Allen is a great player but if it's Leo vs 3-tech, all things being equal you go Leo every time. Injuries aside, Garrett has everything you want.

Besides that, both Bennett and Clark can move inside on passing downs. Imagine Garrett, Clark, Bennett, and Avril all rushing the passer. I actually prefer Clark inside - if we drafted Garrett he could beef back up again.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information