4 huskies leaving early.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No surprise. Can't believe the guy went from playing DB one year, to being injured all year the next, to being a first round WR the next.

I'm not overly concerned about losing Ross's speed. Washington's offense needed 1 of 3 things to compete with Bama...either some tall, big, strong receivers, more talent across the offensive line, or one of those big strong running QBs who can make things happen when a play breaks down.

Ross was a huge part of the offense, but really couldn't make things happen unless one other area was clicking. Of course, having him for another year would be extremely helpful.

cesame

Reaction score
Big loss for UW

Next will be Budda Baker and Sidney Jones

2_0_6

Reaction score
He runs like a Gazelle, but seems to be about as durable as a Fiat. I wonder if he past knee injuries on both knees will make him fall farther than he thinks. I don't blame him one bit for coming out. He needs to capitalize on his season and put some money in his bank.

I hope Pettis sticks around for his senior year, he needs it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sucks to lose him. But with the young guys at receivers and the studs in recruiting should be fine on offense. Browning needs to take steps either way.

If uw loses Qualls and Vea both it would hurt a lot more

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3og0ai4w said:
He runs like a Gazelle, but seems to be about as durable as a Fiat. I wonder if he past knee injuries on both knees will make him fall farther than he thinks. I don't blame him one bit for coming out. He needs to capitalize on his season and put some money in his bank.

I hope Pettis sticks around for his senior year, he needs it.

To be fair, Alabama does that to every receiver.

Ross is plenty durable, and when paired with a QB that doesn't have a wet noodle for an arm and doesn't hang him out to dry 5-6 times a game he'll be fine.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":1b1m9x96 said:
Sucks to lose him. But with the young guys at receivers and the studs in recruiting should be fine on offense. Browning needs to take steps either way.

If uw loses Qualls and Vea both it would hurt a lot more

I think Ross is by far the biggest loss of those leaving early. He was the engine that makes that offense run.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It would be awesome if Vea stays. I'm also very pleased at the development of Potatoe as the year went on, as well as the performance of guys like Bartlett and Johnson. Plus, there are a couple guys redshirting who will play next year. The player development is real under this staff. Some were wondering what was gonna happen when a few defensive guys left last year...and what happened was that other players emerged and wound up being even better than the ones we lost. I'm expecting the defense next year to be every bit as good as it was this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like a gloating Duck to give me UW news I'd rather not be hearing :rumble: :sarcasm_on:

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Vea coming back would be big. While ross and jones are probably 1st round talents and baker, qualls are 2nd/3rd round...where are mathis and king expected to go? Think king is a very seahawky player.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Mathis is probably a 4th rounder along.

If King slips to the hawks late 3rd I wouldn't mind it at all taking him

Eldrenkamp will probably be drafted as well

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Does Psalm Wooching have any shot at the NFL? Even as a camp body. I seem to notice him in games but it may be more due to the war paint.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Would LOVE Budda Baker. But I think his stock will soar by draft day. Still, what a perfect heir to Earl Thomas' throne he would be.

Ross should be real good too, just not sure I'd want him in Seattle. Still believe we need a bigger target, but Ross would definitely give us the deep threat we thought Richardson would bring us

cesame

Reaction score
Haven't watched a ton of Budda Baker but I'm not sure I'd compare him to Earl.

Earl has maximum range with probably below average tackling ability

Budda's range seems pretty good and his tackling is a strong part of his game as well. Not sure he's a guy you play as a single-high safety, though.

Of course there is only one Earl

CPHawk

Reaction score
Baker while good, has admitted he has a hard time keeping his weight above 185. At that size, and nowhere near the same speed as Earl, I just don't see us being intrested.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2b6zaz4n said:
Does Psalm Wooching have any shot at the NFL? Even as a camp body. I seem to notice him in games but it may be more due to the war paint.
wooching was not a great player for UW and is too small to play LB in the NFL. so no