The 2017 Championship Game

Largent80

Reaction score
To me this is just taking way too long and I'm now not interested.

There isn't anything that can happen in this game that could even come close to how exciting the Rose Bowl game was.

It's the Meh Bowl presented by W.G.A.F. com.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's Alabama that bores me right off the bat and they play on a Monday..Unless your favorite is playing the Rose is more exciting

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If you watch it on ESPNU Bill Walton and Keyshawn Johnson are doing the game commentary. Might be the most entertaining commentary in the history of sports.

ESPN2 has "Homer" commentators. Ex-players from each school.

The primary broadcast, set for an 8 p.m. ET start, will be on ESPN. A "Homers Telecast" (Clemson and Alabama players as announcers) on ESPN2 and the Coaches Film Room on ESPNNews. SEC Network will also have a "Finebaum Film Room" with their analysts and an SEC coach

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hypothetically, if they still didn't have the TD and had time for 1 play from the 2, would you go for it and put it all on the line from the 2 or kick the 3 and play for OT?

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Gotta figure out how to ref these pick plays. I'm not an Alabama fan, but blocking before the throw is still a foul, yes?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":yhvfpvzc said:
Hypothetically, if they still didn't have the TD and had time for 1 play from the 2, would you go for it and put it all on the line from the 2 or kick the 3 and play for OT?

I think you go for it...Its Bama...go big or go home

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3fvjb56h said:

You have the best Qb. Take it to overtime.

pmedic920

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":nswh74x3 said:
Gotta figure out how to ref these pick plays. I'm not an Alabama fan, but blocking before the throw is still a foul, yes?

I didn't see the play in question but based on what most are saying, it wasn't a pick because there wasn't contact on the proper defender to make it a pick.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33orx1te said:
HawkRiderFan":33orx1te said:

I 2nd this.

It's the title, can't risk it.

Plus Bama's workhorse RB was out.

253hawk

Reaction score
Didn't look like a pick at all. The outside WR ran straight at the DB who was lined up on him, and was wrapped up. The DB covering Renfrow was never touched. Defensive holding if anything.

I'm surprised they didn't pull a 49ers cheat there and just hold every single WR to take the penalty and force the FG.

Reaction score
pmedic920":2p6me5um said:
JSeahawks":2p6me5um said:
HawkRiderFan":2p6me5um said:

I 2nd this.

It's the title, can't risk it.

Plus Bama's workhorse RB was out.

I thought it was a gutsy call. Saban lamented the PI penalty the play before but at the time I thought it was inadvertent brilliance. It removed what was likely going to be a touchdown and put Clemson in this predicament. 6 seconds left on the 2 yard line down by 3. Go for it and risk running out of time or kick the FG and go into OT.

Gutsy and awesome.