Seahawks 2017 mock draft

cover-2

Reaction score
1st round - (OT) Antonio Garcia 6-7 305 lbs, Troy: Garcia looks like a very good athlete at LT. He did not give up a sack this year. Garcia has the frame to easily put on 10 lbs. Garcia is not a dominate run blocker, but he would be an upgrade in pass pro at LT or RT.

57feb6e54b7bdimage

2nd round - (WR) Noah Brown 6-2 220 lbs, Ohio St: Brown is coming out as a red-shirt sophomore, with minimal production. He has shown flashes of brilliance as a WR! He has the celling of former Cowboys WR Michael Irvin. Brown has great body control to go up and high point the ball on off errant balls. In the highlight he showed outstanding route running that resulted in a TD. IMO WR is not a need but, Brown has immense potential to be a legit #1 WR in the NFL.

[youtube]ZzZwT3geiZA[/youtube]

Oh yeah, he can also be physical with a former 1st round LB.
[youtube]5VTMW1ARWIs[/youtube]

3rd round - (DE) Daeshon Hall 6-6 270 lbs, Texas A&M: Hall has the size and length that the Seahawks like. He has the frame to easily bulk up to 280, and could be a nice option to kick inside to DT on passing situations.

[youtube]N4YuG129gNw[/youtube]

3rd round (comp for Irvin) - (LB) Alex Anzalone 6-3 241 lbs, Florida: Anzalone is a 1st round talent, but due to shoulder injuries he slides in the draft. If he can stay off the IR he could be the next Clay Matthews...Coach Carroll would make the most out of Anzalone's athletic ability making him a dynamic force multiplier on the defense.

Eastern+Michigan+v+Florida+XJ1egl3KB-Ix.jpg

5th round (comp for Sweezy) - (RB) Joe Mixon 6-1 226 lbs, Oklahoma: Mixon is a 1st round talent, but due to his off the field incident a couple of years ago I see him falling to the later rounds of the draft. Mixon's combination of size, speed, and power fit what the Seahawks covet. At this point of the draft he is worth any kind of backlash they will get from the national press.

[youtube]kM0KXCfWTVc[/youtube]

6th round - (FS) Cody Brown 6-1 205 lbs, Arkansas St: Brown looks to have great range and he has the ball skills that coach Carroll likes.

[youtube]UFQTqHnglAM[/youtube]

7th round - (CB) Brendan Langley 6-1 190 lbs, Lamar: Langley was a four star recruit coming out of high school. He went to Georgia for two years before ending up at Lamar. This year Langley had 6 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, and 2 TD's on punt returns.
[youtube]e9qcRSWasM0[/youtube]

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Really like Hall and Anzalone, especially as mid round picks. I am not too keen on a WR this year though. Next year we already have Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Richardson, Mcevoy. I'd much prefer to look at an inside pass rusher or even a good secondary prospect at the 2 spot. A WR that early feels like fighting the strength of this draft.

Always appreciate your mocks.

2_0_6

Reaction score
People blew up after we drafted Clark, I could only imagine what people would say if we took Mixon.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":17krjtsu said:
People blew up after we drafted Clark, I could only imagine what people would say if we took Mixon.

But the upside is that who he abuses now is considered a good thing, O lineman and QB's.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't see Noah Brown lasting long enough to fall to us. I could be wrong though. If Mixon is there in the 5th round, that would be a steal.

As far as his incident, I think both him and the girl should have been charged with assault.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1i2byhik said:
Really like Hall and Anzalone, especially as mid round picks. I am not too keen on a WR this year though. Next year we already have Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Richardson, Mcevoy. I'd much prefer to look at an inside pass rusher or even a good secondary prospect at the 2 spot. A WR that early feels like fighting the strength of this draft.

Yeah value for WR in the 2nd round isn't good, but Noah Brown is really intriguing. JuJu-Smith and possibly Brown are the only WR I would take in the 2nd. I could see the Seahawks cutting Kearse. I know we just signed him to a contract this past off-season, but he hasn't been worth the investment this year. With Richardson flashing his potential this past game and with McEvoy showing potential could lead to Kearse's demise.

I would like to come out of this draft with a legit sized DT that can provide some pressure, but I don't think the value will be there at the bottom of the 2nd round. I think Caleb Brantley, Chris Wormley, and Elijah Qualls will be drafted before we pick in the 2nd round. I agree that there will be good value in the 2nd round for secondary prospects. We could get a stud CB in the 2nd round, but Carroll and Schneider have never drafted a CB in the first three rounds of the draft. This is a great year for FS and SS, and I could see us taking one in the 2nd round.

Hawks46

Reaction score
cover-2":2vx7ddno said:
EverydayImRusselin":2vx7ddno said:

Yeah value for WR in the 2nd round isn't good, but Noah Brown is really intriguing. JuJu-Smith and possibly Brown are the only WR I would take in the 2nd. I could see the Seahawks cutting Kearse. I know we just signed him to a contract this past off-season, but he hasn't been worth the investment this year. With Richardson flashing his potential this past game and with McEvoy showing potential could lead to Kearse's demise.

I would like to come out of this draft with a legit sized DT that can provide some pressure, but I don't think the value will be there at the bottom of the 2nd round. I think Caleb Brantley, Chris Wormley, and Elijah Qualls will be drafted before we pick in the 2nd round. I agree that there will be good value in the 2nd round for secondary prospects. We could get a stud CB in the 2nd round, but Carroll and Schneider have never drafted a CB in the first three rounds of the draft. This is a great year for FS and SS, and I could see us taking one in the 2nd round.

Beat me to it. I don't see the value in WR in the 2nd, and the way Chancellor keeps getting knicked up, it might be time to find his successor. I also think getting a big WR is roster duplication as we have McEvoy.

CBS had a mock that had some Offensive Tackle from Wisconsin going to us in the 1st round. I've heard there isn't any good OT's to be hand in the 1st, so not sure how I feel about that.

If we want our Defense to be elite again, we really need to get some interior pressure. Look what it does for the Rams and they don't have near the roster we do.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Hawks46":32pknm0v said:
cover-2":32pknm0v said:
EverydayImRusselin":32pknm0v said:

Beat me to it. I don't see the value in WR in the 2nd, and the way Chancellor keeps getting knicked up, it might be time to find his successor. I also think getting a big WR is roster duplication as we have McEvoy.

CBS had a mock that had some Offensive Tackle from Wisconsin going to us in the 1st round. I've heard there isn't any good OT's to be hand in the 1st, so not sure how I feel about that.

If we want our Defense to be elite again, we really need to get some interior pressure. Look what it does for the Rams and they don't have near the roster we do.

There isn't a top-10 type of OT in this draft, but Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk and Utah OT Garett Bolles are legit 1st round talents. Ramczyk and Bolles aren't elite, like former top-10 OT's Trent Williams or Tyron Smith, but they mid to late 1st round talents. Both may fall to us due to Ramczyk going to have hip surgery and Bolles being kind of old for a prospect. Antonio Garcia is a prospect to keep an eye on during the Senior Bowl week and NFL combine.

I agree a stud interior DT that can get pressure is what we need, but the problem is those players usually get drafted in the top-15 of the 1st round. The Rams have a once in a generation type of pass rushing DT in Aaron Donald, no DT we draft or sign in free agency can provide his kind of pressure.

I'm with you, I want our defense to be elite again. I would love if we signed either DT Kawann Short or DT Dontari Poe. Then use a 1st round pick one of the stud LB's or DE's. Then again, fixing our running game would help our defense. Our offense didn't stay on the field enough for our defense to rest.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm be absolutely shocked to see Mixon end up on the Hawks. Seems like the perfect Cowboys pick though.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
We won't address O line until later in the draft imo unfortunately...
Hopefully this year was a wakeup call but I doubt it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":297xfpcy said:
What makes you say that?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":z8wlnnoo said:

If we rely on rookie o'linemen next year we're going to need to wait a couple more years until they really are ready for primetime. We actually have some money to play with in free agency. I'd much rather find maybe 2 new starters along the o'line in free agency, and then go mostly defense in the draft.

My ideal draft would be a DB, RB and Pass rusher in the first 3 rounds, in no particular order.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3e166qzt said:
Seahawkwalt1967":3e166qzt said:

If we rely on rookie o'linemen next year we're going to need to wait a couple more years until they really are ready for primetime. We actually have some money to play with in free agency. I'd much rather find maybe 2 new starters along the o'line in free agency, and then go mostly defense in the draft.

My ideal draft would be a DB, RB and Pass rusher in the first 3 rounds, in no particular order.

I as well hope we sign a legit o-lineman or two in free agency. We have the money this free agency to land one of the best OG in the NFL and add a young-ish veteran lineman with upside.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Signing a legit Olineman thru free agency would be great, but they have never done that.

But, they have drafted Olineman in the early and signing vets.
Stacy Andrews, Ben Hamilton, Tyler Polumbus, Chester Pitts, Robert Gallery, Paul McQuistan, Frank Olymale, Mike Person,Stephen Shlling, and this year...DeMarcus Webb, Bradley Sowell. Brought in Jahri Evans.

I predict the Hawks signing a couple of mid tier Olineman next year. I just don't see the team making a major splash in Free agency.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
truehawksfan":16vmewgm said:
Signing a legit Olineman thru free agency would be great, but they have never done that.

But, they have drafted Olineman in the early and signing vets.
Stacy Andrews, Ben Hamilton, Tyler Polumbus, Chester Pitts, Robert Gallery, Paul McQuistan, Frank Olymale, Mike Person,Stephen Shlling, and this year...DeMarcus Webb, Bradley Sowell. Brought in Jahri Evans.

I predict the Hawks signing a couple of mid tier Olineman next year. I just don't see the team making a major splash in Free agency.

Our offensive line was good except for the past two seasons, so prior to 2016 we didn't really need to sign a big time o-line free agent. Coach Carroll mentioned that this past off-season they were really interested in signing OC Alex Mack. We didn't sign him because we could not financially compete with other teams to sign him. This year is different, we have a good amount of money to spend in free agency.

Link to Carroll's comments on OC Alex Mack...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-carroll-reveals-they-had-interest-falcons-c-alex-mack/

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":36fkggzw said:
Seahawkwalt1967":36fkggzw said:
What makes you say that?

Draft history - Seattle doesn't draft o line until later rounds typically
IMO I believe Seattle believes they can take average or below average players and coach them up

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":2uyjsmch said:
Hawkfan77":2uyjsmch said:
Seahawkwalt1967":2uyjsmch said:
What makes you say that?

IMO I believe Seattle believes they can take average or below average players and coach them up

Since pete became the coach they have spent 3 1sts on OL out of 4 1st rd picks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":wg9xgxyi said:
Seahawkwalt1967":wg9xgxyi said:
Hawkfan77":wg9xgxyi said:
Seahawkwalt1967":wg9xgxyi said:
What makes you say that?

Since pete became the coach they have spent 3 1sts on OL out of 4 1st rd picks.

It probably time to change that formula, since he and Cable suck at evaluating OL. Maybe Pete needs to kick Cable to the curb, and change how we go about building the OL. Because the way we have been doing it since winning a SB, isnt working. And it's costing us wins.