Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Uw's jimmy lake interviewing at Cal

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Uw's jimmy lake interviewing at Cal
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Uw's jimmy lake interviewing at Cal
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:37 pm
  • Lake is not going through with the interview. And it was for HC
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm
  • I still think Chip Kelly lands there
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:I still think Chip Kelly lands there

Doubtful. What;'s the upside?
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm
  • They get attention.

Kinda like Falcons fans leeching into this forum, standing on their empty Lombardi case, trying to convince everyone how good they are.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 am

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am
  • zifnab32 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Word is they want Justin Wilcox as head coach and Lake as DC.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Latest ... p-50413188

Doubt Lake goes anywhere for anything less than a HC spot.

He'd be the D.C.without the co,, and getting a big bump in pay would be tough to turn down
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:43 pm
  • UW will give him a raise if he gets an offer for more money.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:23 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    zifnab32 wrote:

He'd be the D.C.without the co,, and getting a big bump in pay would be tough to turn down

UW can pay more. He's not going to Cal
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    zifnab32 wrote:

He's getting 500K at UW, best I can tell Cal paid their last DC 550K. I'm sure UW could pony up the 50K if it really came to that.
    zifnab32
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:01 pm
  • Cal fans saying it's a done deal, they are just working out his buyout.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:13 am
  • I'm hearing it's not quite as done a deal as Cal would like. The buyout is an issue but UW is also making a push to keep him. I've also heard a couple names floated around as possible Lake replacements, some very intriguing options. With that said, I want Lake to stay!
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:03 pm
  • Sounds like he's staying at UW for another year.

Most likely his last i would assume.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Sounds like he's staying at UW for another year.

Jimmy's not going anywhere, with Kwiatowski being a hot property for a HC position, Lake, as co-defensive coordinator, is next in line for DC. He wants that position.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:57 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Sounds like he's staying at UW for another year.

Jimmy's not going anywhere, with Kwiatowski being a hot property for a HC position, Lake, as co-defensive coordinator, is next in line for DC. He wants that position.

Is Kwiatkowski a hot property for HC positions? Ive never even heard of him having an interview. I've heard, from UW insiders, that the only way he ever leaves Chris Petersens staff is if the head coaching job at Boise State opens up.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on UW's staff, but I think its much more likely that Lake leaves then Kwiatkowski.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:

Is Kwiatkowski a hot property for HC positions? Ive never even heard of him having an interview. I've heard, from UW insiders, that the only way he ever leaves Chris Petersens staff is if the head coaching job at Boise State opens up.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on UW's staff, but I think its much more likely that Lake leaves then Kwiatkowski.

You've heard from UW insiders? Really? Who are these insiders who give inside info to a Oregon fan? I'll tell you who they are, fictional entities that are disingenuously employed to further a continuous negative agenda re: all things UW.

He is considered one of the best DC's in the country, that is why Oregon tried to hire him but he turned them down. He has a great resume and was a candidate for Boise St. HC. He was also on Cal's list of potential HC candidates. There isn't a DC in the country who is so married to their program that they will turn down a multi-million dollar opportunity, especially one at an age where they need to secure their later years. Does he want the right fit, yes, but that doesn't mean he isn't open to opportunity. His ability to reload UW defenses that are seemingly depleted by the NFL draft hasn't escaped the notice of college programs around the country.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:50 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:

You're correct. Coach K has no real desire to be a HC (as of now). Lake on the other hand does. Lake will be at UW for one more year (my guess) and will become aDC at another program next season.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:22 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:

You're correct. Coach K has no real desire to be a HC (as of now). Lake on the other hand does. Lake will be at UW for one more year (my guess) and will become aDC at another program next season.

Do you have a link where he has said that? Because let's face it, regardless of what you do for a living you aren't going to announce that you are open to a move. He has been named as a potential candidate at several schools but being smaller schools it isn't seen as a vertical move. I believe he is waiting for the right opportunity and given his success at this level, it is not far off.

Think about it, there is a reason Lake didn't take the Cal or Oregon job and that is that Petersen wants continuity at that position and has communicated that to Lake. He will be a very good DC and someday a very good HC.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:47 am
  • lake will be gone before kwiatkowski.

I think lake gets HC offers next year, Kwiatkowski would need a tremendous offer to leave pete's staff
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:02 am
  • Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

Question for ASU fan, why would any UO fan not want Pete to leave? everyone knows he's a hell of a DC.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:01 am
  • sondevil89 wrote:Do you have a link where he has said that? Because let's face it, regardless of what you do for a living you aren't going to announce that you are open to a move. He has been named as a potential candidate at several schools but being smaller schools it isn't seen as a vertical move. I believe he is waiting for the right opportunity and given his success at this level, it is not far off.

Think about it, there is a reason Lake didn't take the Cal or Oregon job and that is that Petersen wants continuity at that position and has communicated that to Lake. He will be a very good DC and someday a very good HC.

I'm just going off of what I've heard, not what I've read. And what I've heard is that Coach K loves being a DC and has no real desire to be a HC. Could that change? Possibly, but I don't like it's likely. The guy has been coaching since the late 80's and has never been a HC and that's by his choosing.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:38 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

Question for ASU fan, why would any UO fan not want Pete to leave? everyone knows he's a hell of a DC.

In terms of recruiting Jimmy Lake is far more valuable to UW than Coach Pete is.

On any college fan board, e.g., "dawgman" - "educk" you would be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors and lies re: players & coaches. This board has a recruiting component and one would hope that it conformed to that established standard.

I guess there are some people who just don't tolerate liars and trolls well.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:48 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

Softy is the ultimate homer, in fact he is the standard by which all other homers are judged.

Add to that, that he is a certified idiot, and "Just going off of what softy said," isn't likely to inspire much credibility, I would avoid starting sentences with that particular declarative clause.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:45 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

In terms of recruiting Jimmy Lake is far more valuable to UW than Coach Pete is.

On any college fan board, e.g., "dawgman" - "educk" you would be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors and lies re: players & coaches. This board has a recruiting component and one would hope that it conformed to that established standard.

You seem like a very angry person. Want a hug?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:13 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

You seem like a very angry person. Want a hug?

I get that you want to play "shoot the messenger" but that only reveals a certain sense of inadequacy. Freud describes it as a marginal defense for fending off what is distressing or unbearable. It would seem that most trolls share this proclivity.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:You seem like a very angry person. Want a hug?

I get that you want to play "shoot the messenger" but that only reveals a certain sense of inadequacy. Freud describes it as a marginal defense for fending off what is distressing or unbearable. It would seem that most trolls share this proclivity.

You've been here for 10 days and you want to call quality posters who have been here for years trolls? I would like to congratulate you on being the first person in the 12ish years i've been on the different versions of .net to be put on my ignore list. Well done.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:30 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:You seem like a very angry person. Want a hug?

You've been here for 10 days and you want to call quality posters who have been here for years trolls? I would like to congratulate you on being the first person in the 12ish years i've been on the different versions of .net to be put on my ignore list. Well done.

I've seen the mods call you out on your constant trolling of the Huskies so don't pretend I'm the first one.

But yeah, if you can't stand the heat...
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:45 pm
  • sondevil89 wrote:On any college fan board, e.g., "dawgman" - "educk" you would be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors and lies re: players & coaches. This board has a recruiting component and one would hope that it conformed to that established standard.

Anyone who says a message board should be more like Dawgman or educk deserves to be banned IMO. Those Scout boards are garbage, and they are run by terrible people.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:25 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:On any college fan board, e.g., "dawgman" - "educk" you would be banned for spreading unsubstantiated rumors and lies re: players & coaches. This board has a recruiting component and one would hope that it conformed to that established standard.

Anyone who says a message board should be more like Dawgman or educk deserves to be banned IMO. Those Scout boards are garbage, and they are run by terrible people.

I don't remember saying that .net should be more like those so please don't attribute that to me. Having said that, I couldn't agree w/you more, and they are probably not good examples, but the point was that there are rules internet wide re: college recruiting.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:41 pm
  • "there are rules"

Internet police over here. Nerd alert.

This forum has functioned just fine for years. If you don't like it feel free to leave.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am
  • cesame wrote:"there are rules"

Internet police over here. Nerd alert.

This forum has functioned just fine for years. If you don't like it feel free to leave.

Again, trying to attribute something to me out of context. I gave examples of college team fan boards and then referenced "internet wide rules" within that context. The reason being, college teams will suspend access to those sites who violate those rules. That obviously is not the case here with this being a Seattle Seahawks board. I get that, but this constant trolling of anything UW and unsubstantiated claims is BS. And, I haven't noticed you doing that.

I actually was impressed by your ability to objectively judge the hospitalized players situation but I also realize that you duck people can dish it out but cannot take it. I would offer back that if you can't take it, feel free to leave.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:35 am
  • sondevil89 wrote:

What rumor did I start? That coach K doesn't want to leave UW? Or that Lake is looking to move up so he can be a HC? Neither of those things are rumors, they are facts. Lake wants to be a HC, and if someone offers him a job that he thinks will get him there quicker, he'll take it. As for the Cal gig, it was everywhere, but it sounds like the buyout stopped the move. I'm not sure why your so sensitive about coaches leaving, Alabama has replaced 13 coaches in the last 3 years, coaches want to be HC at some point.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    sondevil89 wrote:

What rumor did I start? That coach K doesn't want to leave UW? Or that Lake is looking to move up so he can be a HC? Neither of those things are rumors, they are facts. Lake wants to be a HC, and if someone offers him a job that he thinks will get him there quicker, he'll take it. As for the Cal gig, it was everywhere, but it sounds like the buyout stopped the move. I'm not sure why your so sensitive about coaches leaving, Alabama has replaced 13 coaches in the last 3 years, coaches want to be HC at some point.

Where did I say you started a rumor? I'm not the least bit sensitive about coaches leaving, it's a fact of life in all sports. What I am sensitive about is when people make declarations that are unsubstantiated. For instance, re: Lake, "looks like he'll stay another year." Really? Did he say that? Can you provide a link? "Coach K doesn't want to be a head coach" I have never read that he has said that, have you? Or, "looks like the Oregon DE is going to decommit this weekend." That could in fact happen but there isn't information out there that says that is going to happen other than a campus visit. Or even, "a Husky insider told me" inferring that they have a direct conduit to inside info, what a crock!

It's the kind of crap that unethical people post about their rivals knowing that kids involved in the recruiting cycle might see because it's their 15 mins of fame and they are all over social media.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 am
  • CPHawk wrote:What rumor did I start? That coach K doesn't want to leave UW? Or that Lake is looking to move up so he can be a HC? Neither of those things are rumors, they are facts. Lake wants to be a HC, and if someone offers him a job that he thinks will get him there quicker, he'll take it. As for the Cal gig, it was everywhere, but it sounds like the buyout stopped the move. I'm not sure why your so sensitive about coaches leaving, Alabama has replaced 13 coaches in the last 3 years, coaches want to be HC at some point.

One more thing, and I am not trying to lay this on you as others have speculated also. This idea that Lake didn't get the Cal job because of buy-out money is rumor too. Have you read where either admin or Lake himself has said that? Not taking that job was smart, the job would have only paid 50K more than he is making now as a co-defensive coordinator AND there was simply no upside in terms of building your rep with little in the way of player personnel. You could actually end up hurting your rep with a really bad defense. Same with Oregon, duck fans will have you believe that it was a 100% the coaches fault but the truth is they just didn't have much in the way player personnel either. The Huskies could have probably scored 100 points if they hadn't put their 3rd string in. I'm sure that wasn't lost on him.

Lake made the smart call, UW was the best spot to increase rep with a good year and great coaching staff. Will he leave in a year? Who the hell knows? He might end up being the next DC here and stay for several years. He has stated his ambition to be a HC and I'm sure he'll get that opportunity at some point, but I don't see it happening until he's been a head DC for awhile.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:43 am
  • The fact that there are few limits as to what can be said on this board is a big reason why I post here. I like the jabs at my Huskies from Duck fans, and vice versa. I also don't mind if somebody wants to post a rumor they've heard, regardless of how substantiated it is. I'll read it, and take it for what it's worth. Just my opinion.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:The fact that there are few limits as to what can be said on this board is a big reason why I post here. I like the jabs at my Huskies from Duck fans, and vice versa. I also don't mind if somebody wants to post a rumor they've heard, regardless of how substantiated it is. I'll read it, and take it for what it's worth. Just my opinion.

Exactly. This forum is the best part of .net and has been for years because we can talk crap to each other, make fun of each others teams, and nobody gets upset or pissed off about it because its all done good naturedly.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information