Uw's jimmy lake interviewing at Cal

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Lake is not going through with the interview. And it was for HC

2_0_6

Reaction score
They get attention.

Kinda like Falcons fans leeching into this forum, standing on their empty Lombardi case, trying to convince everyone how good they are.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score

zifnab32

Reaction score
CPHawk":1ahgocxp said:
zifnab32":1ahgocxp said:
JSeahawks":1ahgocxp said:
Word is they want Justin Wilcox as head coach and Lake as DC.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Latest ... p-50413188

Doubt Lake goes anywhere for anything less than a HC spot.

He'd be the D.C.without the co,, and getting a big bump in pay would be tough to turn down

He's getting 500K at UW, best I can tell Cal paid their last DC 550K. I'm sure UW could pony up the 50K if it really came to that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cal fans saying it's a done deal, they are just working out his buyout.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm hearing it's not quite as done a deal as Cal would like. The buyout is an issue but UW is also making a push to keep him. I've also heard a couple names floated around as possible Lake replacements, some very intriguing options. With that said, I want Lake to stay!

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ueamf18o said:
Sounds like he's staying at UW for another year.

Most likely his last i would assume.

Jimmy's not going anywhere, with Kwiatowski being a hot property for a HC position, Lake, as co-defensive coordinator, is next in line for DC. He wants that position.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sondevil89":3mnw1y6f said:
JSeahawks":3mnw1y6f said:

Jimmy's not going anywhere, with Kwiatowski being a hot property for a HC position, Lake, as co-defensive coordinator, is next in line for DC. He wants that position.

Is Kwiatkowski a hot property for HC positions? Ive never even heard of him having an interview. I've heard, from UW insiders, that the only way he ever leaves Chris Petersens staff is if the head coaching job at Boise State opens up.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on UW's staff, but I think its much more likely that Lake leaves then Kwiatkowski.

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":35ws2ox2 said:
sondevil89":35ws2ox2 said:
JSeahawks":35ws2ox2 said:

Is Kwiatkowski a hot property for HC positions? Ive never even heard of him having an interview. I've heard, from UW insiders, that the only way he ever leaves Chris Petersens staff is if the head coaching job at Boise State opens up.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on UW's staff, but I think its much more likely that Lake leaves then Kwiatkowski.

You've heard from UW insiders? Really? Who are these insiders who give inside info to a Oregon fan? I'll tell you who they are, fictional entities that are disingenuously employed to further a continuous negative agenda re: all things UW.

He is considered one of the best DC's in the country, that is why Oregon tried to hire him but he turned them down. He has a great resume and was a candidate for Boise St. HC. He was also on Cal's list of potential HC candidates. There isn't a DC in the country who is so married to their program that they will turn down a multi-million dollar opportunity, especially one at an age where they need to secure their later years. Does he want the right fit, yes, but that doesn't mean he isn't open to opportunity. His ability to reload UW defenses that are seemingly depleted by the NFL draft hasn't escaped the notice of college programs around the country.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zeummkh said:
sondevil89":2zeummkh said:
JSeahawks":2zeummkh said:

You're correct. Coach K has no real desire to be a HC (as of now). Lake on the other hand does. Lake will be at UW for one more year (my guess) and will become aDC at another program next season.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ahifuyl said:
JSeahawks":2ahifuyl said:
sondevil89":2ahifuyl said:
JSeahawks":2ahifuyl said:

You're correct. Coach K has no real desire to be a HC (as of now). Lake on the other hand does. Lake will be at UW for one more year (my guess) and will become aDC at another program next season.

Do you have a link where he has said that? Because let's face it, regardless of what you do for a living you aren't going to announce that you are open to a move. He has been named as a potential candidate at several schools but being smaller schools it isn't seen as a vertical move. I believe he is waiting for the right opportunity and given his success at this level, it is not far off.

Think about it, there is a reason Lake didn't take the Cal or Oregon job and that is that Petersen wants continuity at that position and has communicated that to Lake. He will be a very good DC and someday a very good HC.

davidonmi

Reaction score
lake will be gone before kwiatkowski.

I think lake gets HC offers next year, Kwiatkowski would need a tremendous offer to leave pete's staff

CPHawk

Reaction score
Just going off of what softy said, which could be just his fandom and wishing coming out, but he said Pete will be at UW a long time. He doesn't see him taking a HC job anytime soon.

Question for ASU fan, why would any UO fan not want Pete to leave? everyone knows he's a hell of a DC.