New 2017 Seahawks mock draft

cover-2

Reaction score
1st round pick #27 - (DT/DE) Malik McDowell 6-5 280 lbs, Michigan St: McDowell is an athletic, versatile big man. The Seahawks seem to prefer 300 + lbs DT's, but McDowell's athletic ability could have them salivating about how they could use him.

[youtube]dUuvIxjVpz8[/youtube]

2nd round - (LB) T.J. Watt 6-5 243 lbs, Wisconsin: At this point of the draft processes Watt is projected to go anywhere from late 1st round to the 3rd round. But for me he is a 1st round prospect, he would be too hard to pass up if available in the 2nd round.

[youtube]5uEp6aW5bH4[/youtube]

3rd round - (RB) Kareem Hunt 5-11 225 lbs, Toledo: Hunt has a good combination of size, quickness, balance and toughness. IMO Hunt running style and size is similar to Thomas Rawls.

[youtube]N9JdwwEgYAw[/youtube]

3rd round (comp for Irvin) - (CB) Howard Wilson 6-1 185 lbs, Houston: Wilson has the length and ball skills that the Seahawks want in their CB's. He had 5 interceptions with 10 PBU's this year.

[youtube]agLsarSoeqQ[/youtube]

5th round (comp for Sweezy) - (OG) Jordan Morgan 6-3 320 lbs, Kuztown: Morgan is said to be a very good run blocker, who plays with a mean streak. He won D-II "Lineman of the Year Award", and was a team captain. Morgan played LT for his school, but he will most likely kick inside to OG in the NFL. Let him compete for playing time at OG and OT.

58544e6e4a783.image.jpg

6th round - (TE) Cethan Carter 6-3 240 lbs, Nebraska: I don't see the Seahawks re-signing Luke Wilson, so Carter gives a new, young, athletic TE. Carter didn't put up big stats at Nebraska, but watching him there is not doubt that he looks athletic for a TE.

[youtube]8TP2j9ZP888[/youtube]

7th round - (SS) Donald Payne 6-0 223 lbs, Stetson: Payne has good size for SS, smart, team captain for four years, and is a playmaker. His career numbers are 538 tackles, 65.5 tackles for loss, 14 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, and 9 interceptions.

[youtube]XezONjZSj4I[/youtube]

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
Don't like that at all we need o-line and early and several

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
OlyHawkFan":1ysg35gw said:
Don't like that at all we need o-line and early and several

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a weak draft for o-line, the value defiantly isn't there for us in the 1st round and may not be great in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree. This is a Cable gem search draft.

I like the Malik McDowell pick.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seems pretty solid all around and covers most of our areas of need.

Latest posts