Best Running Backs in the 2017 Draft

xStickybudz

Reaction score
There is a poop load of good Running backs in the first/second round this year. As always I would love nothing more than to get a beauty lineman to protect our best asset. But if not that I would love a talented running back.

I want to be sold on Rawls but I dunno.

OP
OP
LeftHandSmoke

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3i62ri03 said:
Foreman is a beast.
donta.png

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
xStickybudz":254ife9z said:
I want to be sold on Rawls but I dunno.
You and me both. I just don't see it. His body just doesn't seem like it can take a beating week in and week out with how hard and physical he runs. Don't know much about Foreman, but that size for a HB is what I'd love to see next year. If he is built like that with speed and, quickness, and vision....Oh man!

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'd kick the tires. We need a hammer for short yardage. This team is missing a LenDale White \ TJDuckett Thunder Back.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet we could get Alvin Kamara, Tennesse, in the 3rd, maybe 4th.

He's a great RB with tons of laterally agility and ability to cut, with good lower body strength. What I like about him is that he's never been asked to carry the ball more than 18 times in a game. Can he ? That would be the question. But he has a ton of tread left on the tires and I envision any RB we get splitting time with Rawls and Prosise.

Rawls is good, but he's not built for 25 carries a game. Give him 15, give the rookie 10 and Prosise 10 touches and we're looking pretty good.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
JumpmanXhawk":3vt2c9ch said:
Jamaal Williams is going to be a steal for somebody on draft day

I think he is definitely a sleeper prospect. I'd love for us to grab him.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawks46":yqlo6z35 said:
I'd be willing to bet we could get Alvin Kamara, Tennesse, in the 3rd, maybe 4th.

He's a great RB with tons of laterally agility and ability to cut, with good lower body strength. What I like about him is that he's never been asked to carry the ball more than 18 times in a game. Can he ? That would be the question. But he has a ton of tread left on the tires and I envision any RB we get splitting time with Rawls and Prosise.

Rawls is good, but he's not built for 25 carries a game. Give him 15, give the rookie 10 and Prosise 10 touches and we're looking pretty good.

You really think he'd be available in the 3rd or 4th? If the Panthers don't take or can't get Fournette I'd take him at 40 overall, but many mocks have him in the 1st round now. I'm a Tennessee fan as well on Saturdays and can vouch that the guy can play.

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Foreman has very light feet for a big man..reminded me of Lynch(without the speed) the 1st time I watched him...rarely see bigger rb's able to pick holes

my early list

Davin Cook Florida St 5'11 205 speed/balance combo not an elite blocker or receiver undersized for a feature back but makes WOW! runs reminds me of Marshall Faulk

Leonard Fournette LSU 6'1 220 top pick in 2015 late 1st in 2016 with lingering health issues..which player are you getting? likely both...that 2015 player was special. elite power/speed and moves combo

Christian McCaffrey Stanford 6'0 202 elite vision, understanding how how to set up blocks, patience and burst...still a gadget player needing a Josh McDaniels type OC to use him as a weapon not a wr or feature back

Kareem Hunt Toledo 5'11 225 fast powerful, relentless Senior bowl rushed for 1355 in 2016 and 4,825 yards in his career
runs angry like Jay Ajayi

D'Onta Foreman Texas 6' 1/20 249 ist team Big 12, was the nation's leading rusher and totaled 2,028 yards on the ground despite playing in just 11 games. He averaged 184.4 yards per game in 2016 shades of Marshawn Lynch with his light feet and ability to find holes and power over people..just lacks great speed

Joe Mixon Oklahoma 6'1 226 hit a woman after she hit him twice...not going to bury the young man after losing his temper and doing something stupid at the age of 18. as a rb has the weight to be an feature back, solid pass a pass receiver and in pass pro runs through arm tackles

Alvin Kamara Tennesee 5'10 215 Alabama transfer from JC junior 3rd down back/pr very athletic

Wayne Gallman,Clemson 6'0 215 quick feet, good vision/eyes solid rb just lacks elite power solid not great feature back prospect

Elijah Hood North Carolina 5'11 220 Alla academic class kid powerful runner, loves contact lacks breakaway speed. Great #2 back

Curtis Samuel Ohio St 5'11 200 similar to McCaffrey but not as talented. 3rd down back, very fast

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Another guy that I think we might be interested in is Mcnichols. He has tremendous hands and had almost 500 yards receiving on 12 YPC. He could really fill a role similar to how Prosise was used this year.

DJrmb

Reaction score
James Conner is a guy that I would like to see us look at in the later rounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't need a speed guy, we need a tough SOB that has great balance and runs through tackles, quick and 20 yard speed and I would be happy, doesn't need WR speed.

pcbball12

Reaction score
DJrmb":647zkuho said:
James Conner is a guy that I would like to see us look at in the later rounds.
Ya, I love James Connor. Tough as nails, finishes with intent, pretty good feet for his size. Has very good hands. He could either drop 10-15 LB's and pick up agility/long speed much like Leveon did, or he could stay where he is, add a few LB's and be a nice FB option like Reece, Tolbert, etc.

pcbball12

Reaction score
chris98251":1ccyovtb said:
We don't need a speed guy, we need a tough SOB that has great balance and runs through tackles, quick and 20 yard speed and I would be happy, doesn't need WR speed.
Day 2 or 3 guys I like so far in this process with those traits are: Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Williams, and James Connor. All run very physically and look to finish runs.

Connor doesn't have long speed, but for his size has great feet and initial burst through the hole.

Williams has great feet, especially sifting through traffic in muddy areas, he also seems to demand being gang tackled.

Hunt runs angry and always keeps his legs going. Has great balance after contact.

chris98251

Reaction score
pcbball12":1fybsgai said:
chris98251":1fybsgai said:
Day 2 or 3 guys I like so far in this process with those traits are: Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Williams, and James Connor. All run very physically and look to finish runs.

Connor doesn't have long speed, but for his size has great feet and initial burst through the hole.

Williams has great feet, especially sifting through traffic in muddy areas, he also seems to demand being gang tackled.

Hunt runs angry and always keeps his legs going. Has great balance after contact.

Thanks, sounds like what were looking for, at least what I am for our short yardage and red zone run plays as well as every down type back. That's durable.