So here we go... Browning's surgery.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":boy2dein said:
Remember my post about his velocity drop off after the Oregon State game?

Something was clearly wrong, which is why USC, Colorado, and Alabama were able to play our receivers they way they did.

http://washington.247sports.com/Bolt/Re ... -50623360/

He's finally having the surgery.

Unless they're giving him a bionic arm he still has a really weak arm.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
While no one will ever confuse his arm with Cam Newton's, I still wouldn't call Browning's arm "really weak." This first half of the season he was hitting Ross and Pettis in stride downfield.

sutz

Reaction score
According to the Seattle Times the surgery is on his throwing shoulder. Maybe the injury did affect his throwing motion/strength.

jl83

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2mp9s0lc said:
Hawkfan77":2mp9s0lc said:
It's a pity too, they would have had a shot at USC without that messed up arm....

Actually no. According to the article, he didn't injure his shoulder until after the USC game.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
jl83":2nzfmqnv said:
The_Z_Man":2nzfmqnv said:
Hawkfan77":2nzfmqnv said:
It's a pity too, they would have had a shot at USC without that messed up arm....

Actually no. According to the article, he didn't injure his shoulder until after the USC game.
Yeah, that's kind of misleading. I guess it's all semantics. Injured vs hurt.

sondevil89

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":23ektrbn said:
jl83":23ektrbn said:
The_Z_Man":23ektrbn said:
Hawkfan77":23ektrbn said:

He injured the shoulder the first time against Oregon State.

He hurt it again against Arizona State.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that there was a definite point in the season that he started throwing bricks. It also seemed to affect his accuracy as well and that is his strength. Everyone bags on his arm strength to the point of where it becomes group-think. Truth is, he's a 20-year-old kid whose strength is still developing AND has had a remarkable career already for only true freshmen/sophomore seasons.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2jen1vt2 said:

Something was clearly wrong, which is why USC, Colorado, and Alabama were able to play our receivers they way they did.

So, basically every poor performance was due to this injury which was so horrific that he played through it?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1gyxdjvn said:
The_Z_Man":1gyxdjvn said:

So, basically every poor performance was due to this injury which was so horrific that he played through it?
Huh? He injured his throwing shoulder...it's not rocket science to understand that it had an effect on him...but maybe for you it is

Hawks46

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2twz2dk1 said:
Hawkfan77":2twz2dk1 said:
While no one will ever confuse his arm with Cam Newton's, I still wouldn't call Browning's arm "really weak." This first half of the season he was hitting Ross and Pettis in stride downfield.

This. His arm is not NFL strength, never will be. But the latter half of the season he couldn't make any of the passes he did in the first half. You can watch the game tape and see it, Alabama certainly did.

It's a pity too, they would have had a shot at USC without that messed up arm.... three key injuries this year: to the QB, and both their pass rushers.

Those 3 guys stay healthy they would have given Bama or Clemson a run for their money.

They actually did give Bama a run for their money. Final score doesn't look like it, but really Bama only scored 14 points on us: a pick 6 isn't on the defense and there was a fumble already in FG range that the defense couldn't do anything about.

I challenge folks to find anyone that held Alabama's offense down like the Huskies did. If the offense could've sustained even 2 more drives, the defense likely doesn't give up that long rushing TD due to fatigue.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2fw8bhln said:
Kennedyin92":2fw8bhln said:
The_Z_Man":2fw8bhln said:

Huh? He injured his throwing shoulder...it's not rocket science to understand that it had an effect on him...but maybe for you it is

Was there a specific reason for making this personal?