Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jim Harbaugh ahead of the curve again. This is cool.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • So last year they held part if their spring practice down in Florida. In response the NCAA made a rule that you can't travel around the U.S. and hold practices. So this year Harbaugh is taking his team to Rome, Italy for part of spring practice.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... 17aaa.html
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I do enjoy a good troll job.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Awesome. The guy is a dick but really is a good coach and he fits perfectly at the college level like Kelly and Saban. Both of who are dicks and both great college coaches also. Hmm.....
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:So last year they held part if their spring practice down in Florida. In response the NCAA made a rule that you can't travel around the U.S. and hold practices. So this year Harbaugh is taking his team to Rome, Italy for part of spring practice.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... 17aaa.html

:2thumbs: So glad to be a Michigan fan. They lost a lot of major starters this year but I am hoping the recruits and depth keep them in the hunt for the long haul. GoBlue!!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Ask Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin what they think of Harbaugh.

Edit: Actually, that looks like a great cultural experience for the kids. They are, after all, students. BUT, this bring up a larger concern re: NCAA, and that is what constitutes a financial advantage? Does a student athlete sign with Michigan because they get to go on an exotic foreign vacation? Do they sign with Oregon because a billionaire furnishes luxurious accommodations?

Financial advantage is an important issue and the NCAA needs to separate itself from external influence if it truly wants to be seen as an impartial governing body.
    Last edited by sondevil89 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    sondevil89
    NET Rookie

• Good for him! Somebody needs to stick it to the NCAA. They run roughshod over teams and players as if they are the important ones, and not the students.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Harbaugh is infinitely more likable now that he's not a 49er.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:Harbaugh is infinitely more likable now that he's not a 49er.

Yup, I like seeing him kick the NCAA in the nuts repeatedly.

Join Michigan and you can go to Rome for spring practices. Damn, that's some very creative recruiting tools right there.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:Harbaugh is infinitely more likable now that he's not a 49er.

And out of the Pac-12. I love Jim Harbaugh when he's not coaching in the same division of my favorite college and pro team.
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran

• Yeah but I think the NCAA put the rule in place because Harbaugh was inviting potential football prospects to those practices when he went to the south last year. Don't think this has anything to do with Jim "sticking it" to the NCAA unless Italy has all of a sudden become a pipeline to college football.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

I completely agree! Hated him when he was with the 49ers and even Stanford, but now that he is no longer on the West Coast I really like him. Glad he was able to turn around Michigan and hopefully he will smash Urban Myer over at Ohio State every year.

He added the cool defining "college coach glasses" look. Kind of similar appearance to Woody Hayes who funnily enough formally coached at Harbarugh's biggest rival, The Ohio State.

cover-2
    NET Veteran

• I am surprised this isn't considered an extra benefit since general students aren't going. Or do they get around that by including ball boys/girls on the trip?
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:Awesome. The guy is a dick but really is a good coach and he fits perfectly at the college level like Kelly and Saban. Both of who are dicks and both great college coaches also. Hmm.....

I love that he is battling the "establishment." I love that he is messing with the teams in the east. I hate the sec, acc, and big ten. Saban and Meyers are dicks. I am tired of their domination. I think it is hilarious. Saban is a sociopath, and harbaugh can make him squirm.

The weird thing is, I hated him as a 9ers coach, but I miss him there now. That team brought out the best in our Hawks.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:Yeah but I think the NCAA put the rule in place because Harbaugh was inviting potential football prospects to those practices when he went to the south last year. Don't think this has anything to do with Jim "sticking it" to the NCAA unless Italy has all of a sudden become a pipeline to college football.

This is kinda amusing. A friend of mine is a recruiter now for a college and he takes vacations over seas at least to one country 4 times a year.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information