Brent Musberger retiring.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bummer. One of the top 5 broadcasters of all time in any sport, in my opinion.

Pretty tough call choosing between him and Keith Jackson in their heyday. Right now Gus Johnson is probably my favorite. With Herbstreet as my favorite color guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Can't get him out of the business fast enough hated the guy, when the Sonics were playing for the World Championships in the 70's he was spent a lot of his time talking about how bad the City and area was and he hoped he didn't have to come back, major bias. We were not as densely populated back then and were really considered Egypt to a lot of those broadcasters from the East Coast.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"The Granddaddy of them All" I'll miss that part.

Won't miss the thought of a man in panties every time I see him though. *shudder*

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3dbxeilw said:
Won't miss the thought of a man in panties every time I see him though. *shudder*

That was Marv Albert. Unless Musberger was weird too.

I think after Musberger attempted to highly mitigate that OU player's assault family violence, the backlash was enough that the writing was on the wall that he was done as a broadcaster.

ivotuk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2c14h3eb said:
ivotuk":2c14h3eb said:

That was Marv Albert. Unless Musberger was weird too.

I think after Musberger attempted to highly mitigate that OU player's assault family violence, the backlash was enough that the writing was on the wall that he was done as a broadcaster.

I stand corrected, and in my boxers.

Musburger is a celebrity with money, he must have some quirky, highly illegal, hilariously shameful vice!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":mwcipv9j said:
Can't get him out of the business fast enough hated the guy, when the Sonics were playing for the World Championships in the 70's he was spent a lot of his time talking about how bad the City and area was and he hoped he didn't have to come back, major bias. We were not as densely populated back then and were really considered Egypt to a lot of those broadcasters from the East Coast.
This is what I remember too..The guy was boring to me anyway..

mbtitleist

Reaction score
This must be a joke. Top 5 broadcaster in all of sports history? Is this just because he was on the call when the Ducks finally played in a national championship?

CPHawk

Reaction score
mbtitleist":3jkjfkgn said:
This must be a joke. Top 5 broadcaster in all of sports history? Is this just because he was on the call when the Ducks finally played in a national championship?

He's horrible, he's done tons of UO games over the years and sucks every time. The worst was when he did UO vs ASU games two years in a row, and he spent half the game slobbering all over Osweiler and telling us 100x that's he's 6'9.

And I doubt he was the one putting down the Seattle, he was born in Portland and raised in a Montana.

Latest posts