Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2018 Recruiting Thread

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The 2018 Recruiting Thread
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:31 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:No matter what, UW's lookin good at QB for the next handful of years, and thats what really matters.

The kid committed as part of the 2019 class, Dylan Morris, might be the best of the lot.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:51 am
  • Class rankings are nothing more than something for people to talk about on the interweb. But since I'm a college football junkie, I eat it up.

Every team has had that can't miss athletic freak that turns out to be a total moron, Dillon Baxter, Whitney Lewis, Colt Lyerla, etc.

What would fans have to do it this type of stuff wasn't out there?

So let's see SC close out with:
    Talanoa Hufanga - SS
    Olaijah Griffin - CB
    Isaac Taylor-Stuart - CB
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:And in all honestly, you shouldnt be ranking any of these classes until 3 or 4 years from now. Everybody's class will have some highly rated guys who are duds and wont contribute, and have some low rated guys who turn out to be stars. You gotta just hope they get the right guys, not the highest rated guys.

For example, with Washington one of their highest rated guys is Sirmon, but barring injury i bet he never plays a meaningful snap for them (I think he'll get beat out by Yankoff, then by the time Yankoff is ready to leave, UW will have recruited some other younger dude to take over). Ducks have a 4 star linemen, Jaramillo, and a 4 star RB, Elliot, who I feel the same about.

I pretty much 100% agree with this post, but we'll see.

And yea, I've seen #1 recruiting classes with a dozen 5 star players end up winning 1 or 2 games all senior year. (Texas under Mack Davis, *cough*)

There's always that key rating of "coach-ability" that effects everything else. It doesn't matter if the kid can run a 3.9 40, if he's a goddang moron.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm
  • Talanoa Hufanga is a Trojan. big get!!!!
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:Talanoa Hufanga is a Trojan. big get!!!!

5 star safety from Corvallis. This one stings a bit. He was likely going to be a Duck until Taggart left. This kid will be starting on Sundays in 4 years.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/392092/talanoa-hufanga
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:Talanoa Hufanga is a Trojan. big get!!!!

5 star safety from Corvallis. This one stings a bit. He was likely going to be a Duck until Taggart left. This kid will be starting on Sundays in 4 years.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think he'll fit in nicely in the Sua Cravens role in Pendergast's defense, That'll make him a matchup nightmare as a blitzer and covering out of the backfield.
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:56 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Obviously I'm biased, but I think he'll fit in nicely in the Sua Cravens role in Pendergast's defense, That'll make him a matchup nightmare as a blitzer and covering out of the backfield.

After watching USC get thoroughly out-coached tonight in every facet of the game, I'm no so sure...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:22 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Anajimmc wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

After watching USC get thoroughly out-coached tonight in every facet of the game, I'm no so sure...

Man that was hard to watch. The defense didn't do too bad the offense stunk up the field.
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:43 am
  • It was like watching the Seahawks last night. The O-Line got destroyed, couldn't get a run game going enough to respect the play action and Darnold isn't Wilson.
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:43 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:JT Daniels is reclassifying and the 2019 commit will come in with the 2018 class. Now Amen Ra St Brown and Solomon T are likely a locks.

Amen Ra is in, now time for Solomon T. ITS would be great but it sounds like he's recently become enamored with the SEC, time will tell.
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm
  • Ducks just got a massive addition. The 74th ranked player from last years class, defensive end DJ Johnson is transferring from Miami to Oregon. He is transferring under a family hardship waiver so he will not need to sit out a year. Beast pass rusher.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4023082/dj-johnson
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am
  • So 2019 there's Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon along with the potential recruit next year mentioned above.

If Yankoff and Sirmon are as good as people say then Eason is making a huge mistake. Will be out the game for a year by that point. Surely an Oregon St would be better or going straight to playing for an Eastern Washington or someone.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:So 2019 there's Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon along with the potential recruit next year mentioned above.

If Yankoff and Sirmon are as good as people say then Eason is making a huge mistake. Will be out the game for a year by that point. Surely an Oregon St would be better or going straight to playing for an Eastern Washington or someone.

Eason and Yankoff should be a really good battle. Sirmon is quite a few steps below them, imo. I think Yankoff will be the best of the bunch.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:50 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Looks like Eason to uw is picking up steam. If I’m Sirmon I’m transferring right now.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... fer-to-uw/

Yankoff looks like a stud, and I especially like his demeanor. But Sirmon does some things I like as well. I wouldn't write him off so quickly.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information