Mock Draft Roundup.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
At this point i'm really hoping we dont draft o'line early but instead take care of it in free agency. I'm not interested in waiting another 2 or 3 years for rookie o'linemen to mature. I'm all in on DB's or pass rushers in the first few rounds. Maybe an offensive skill position player if there's a stud out there.

Largent80

Reaction score
DB first and foremost, then OL. There won't be doodly squat worth paying in F.A. unless one is willing to spend 10 mil for a 35 year old.

We have to hope Fant can improve a lot after his baptism by fire. Gilliam should be a backup. We need help at tackle.

But Shead should not be starting and Lane was as meh as it gets.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Draft analyst on the radio yesterday said he thought we should draft one OL and sign one which is what I have been saying, BUT, the truth is, you cannot say what you should do until you know what's available.

Last year we thought we could get someone on FA and we got what we paid for. Will there be some good ones available that we can afford? The tackle market isn't deep and what is available is overpriced.

As for rookies you need to avoid tackles out of spread offenses altogether if it's immediate help you're looking for. It took Ifedi a whole year just to get comfortable playing out of a three-point stance. If Ramczyk or Bolles are available you have to take them, they both can pass block out of three-point.

We need another DB but O-Line is our most pressing need and there is a wealth of DB's available this year.

In all reality, the argument is moot until you know just what's available.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Peppers makes the most sense to me.

Pete really wanted that hybrid this year, and when Browner couldn't hack it they had to shelve the whole thing.

I really want to see what Kris Richard can dial up with an attacking hybrid like Peppers in the fold.

Largent80

Reaction score
^^ I have to agree, and regardless of OL suckitude, our DB play after Earl went out was abysmal, hell even with Earl in there it wasn't great and our non murders row of early QB's was alarming to my eyes.

There are a TON of good DB available in the draft. That will piss off the "we need OL people" and I am one of them, but we need IMMEDIATE help at tackle on the OL and that isn't going to happen with an impact player with our picks.

We would be better served to restock that DB pile.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":s41vfjda said:
^^ I have to agree, and regardless of OL suckitude, our DB play after Earl went out was abysmal, hell even with Earl in there it wasn't great and our non murders row of early QB's was alarming to my eyes.

There are a TON of good DB available in the draft. That will piss off the "we need OL people" and I am one of them, but we need IMMEDIATE help at tackle on the OL and that isn't going to happen with an impact player with our picks.

We would be better served to restock that DB pile.

OL always seems like its easier to build later in the draft then the DB

Truther

Reaction score
sondevil89":3chbnwlm said:
Draft analyst on the radio yesterday said he thought we should draft one OL and sign one which is what I have been saying, BUT, the truth is, you cannot say what you should do until you know what's available.

Last year we thought we could get someone on FA and we got what we paid for. Will there be some good ones available that we can afford? The tackle market isn't deep and what is available is overpriced.

As for rookies you need to avoid tackles out of spread offenses altogether if it's immediate help you're looking for. It took Ifedi a whole year just to get comfortable playing out of a three-point stance. If Ramczyk or Bolles are available you have to take them, they both can pass block out of three-point.

We need another DB but O-Line is our most pressing need and there is a wealth of DB's available this year.

Totally agree, I don't think Ramczyk makes it to us, but Bolles would be an excellent get in rd 1.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Why bother drafting OL? Apparently you can just to your local pickup basketball game and get a left tackle.

cover-2

Reaction score
Truther":1t2rkj7f said:
Totally agree, I don't think Ramczyk makes it to us, but Bolles would be an excellent get in rd 1.

If Bolles fell to us that would be the best case scenario. But, that's okay if he doesn't...because I and hoping to infuse some more young talent on the defensive side of the ball, I love me some DEFENCE! There are soooo many defensive players that I love for the Seahawks, that will be available in round 1 and round 2. :2thumbs:

Reaction score
Mojambo":1lhruddl said:

Pete really wanted that hybrid this year, and when Browner couldn't hack it they had to shelve the whole thing.

I really want to see what Kris Richard can dial up with an attacking hybrid like Peppers in the fold.
I said the exact same thing in some post a while ago. I think he would be perfect for us. I don't know if he will be there when we pick tho. Ive seen mocks have him going as high as five or six. Lets keep our fingers crossed cuz I feel like u he would be a great addition on this squad!

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ESPN's McShay has a new mock out, he has us taking Cam Robinson at #26. It's an Insider article so I can't link to it.

Mojambo

Reaction score
If Robinson fell to 26 that would be a dream scenario. Plug and play at RT, maybe even at LT.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Truther":1j117hc8 said:
sondevil89":1j117hc8 said:

I read an article saying that after the combine, bolles could find himself the top linemen in the draft. Doubt any of the three top o linemen will be there for the Hawks. The rest will be projects. I hope they take care of the o line in fa. Maybe take the best db or offensive skill player available. If no one jumps off the screen, trade back. I think trading out of the first round is the likely scenario.

kf3339

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rzp3qu4f said:
At this point i'm really hoping we dont draft o'line early but instead take care of it in free agency. I'm not interested in waiting another 2 or 3 years for rookie o'linemen to mature. I'm all in on DB's or pass rushers in the first few rounds. Maybe an offensive skill position player if there's a stud out there.

I certainly agree that drafting O-Line early is an exercise in futility. The fact is that no rookie O-Lineman we select will be of much use for at least 1-2 years. They just take that amount of time to be even considered adequate. What is really needed is to pay above average for a quality RT in free agency this off-season. Of course we all know that is not the MO of our front office or PC.

But it is really beginning to be obvious that our window of opportunity is starting to close some right now. If this team is getting back and winning the Super Bowl again we need to make the moves necessary to make that happen now.

First, sign a real RT that can hold up that part of the line now. Not a rookie or cast away mediocre talent, but a real quality RT.

Second, we need to make a major push for signing Calis Cambell as our starting 3tech for the next few years. He would make a major difference on our line, and Rubin just doesn't fit the mold at all. He needs to be waived or traded if Cambell is signed. The money if needed can come from our cap space and if needed restructuring of some current player contracts.

If those two moves are made then we can address our other issues in the draft: CB, LB, OL, ect.

But if this front office continues to be cheap in free agency then we are not making it back to the Super Bowl again with this current team makeup. By the time our O-line and middle of our DL has someone to push the pocket is addressed our other key players will be to old and injured to be of use to us. That is a fact.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I have heard more than one draft analyst state that this year's crop of Olinemen is pretty thin. Not really anyone who is a huge standout in the first round. Contrast that to them believing this year is loaded with Corners. I think based on injuries and how thin we are at corner we are going to take one in the first round.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If a guy like Jamal Adams, Sidney Jones, Marlon Humphrey is there. These are no-brainers that the Seahawks must pick. The Seahawks have to upgrade their DB depth without breaking the bank. Getting a DB of this caliber would do just that. They can get OL in the second. It's not as good a OL draft so reaching in the first round would be bad. Cam Robinson is in a spin fall. He was top-20 and now most mocks have him falling into the 2nd round.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Mojambo":3oi2ofe3 said:

Peppers would be fun, I think Melifonwu fits the mold a little bit better though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawkfan68":35061dga said:
If a guy like Jamal Adams, Sidney Jones, Marlon Humphrey is there.

Jamal Adams is a Top 5 pick. If he fell to 26 I will eat a shoe.

I feel like Jones wouldn't fit our size requirements at corner. Humphrey seems much more likely than Jones.