How about a draftwired mock draft thread

Truther

Reaction score
I doubt that most of you have heard of it yet, but you will not be disappointed. Here is mine to get the ball rolling.

http://draftwired2.com:8888/apps/DraftWired

Picks:

Rd 1 Pk 26 - Sidney Jones (CB) Washington
Rd 2 Pk 58 - Antonio Garcia (OT) Troy
Rd 3 Pk 90 - Nazair Jones (DT) North Carolina
Rd 3 Pk 105 - Alex Anzalone (OLB) Miami
Rd 5 Pk 171 - Channing Stribling (CB) Michigan
Rd 5 Pk 185 - Karter Schult (DE) Northern Iowa
Rd 6 Pk 212 - Ethan Cooper (G) Indiana (PA)
Rd 7 Pk 230 - Lorenzo Jerome (FS) St. Francis (PA)
Rd 7 Pk 248 - I'Tavius Mathers (RB) Middle Tennessee

Brief synopsis: All 3 of the top off tackles were gone, so it was a no brainer to go CB and I like Jones a lot. Garcia has tremendous potential, extremely athletic long tackle. If it weren't for the small school comp - I'm sure he'd be talked about and projected higher. He's a true LT although there could be some growing pains. Naizair Jones can play all along the DL front, probably best suited as DT 3T here. Again, very good upside ant athletic. Anzalone is projected to be a ILB on draftwired with OLB Sam as his alt. position. He's a sideline to sideline guy and makes a lot of tackles, we need an upgrade at OLB for sure. Stribling is a tall, skinny corner but has good coverage skills. Here's what Draftwired says about Schult.

2016 MISSOURI VALLEY DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

2016 stats: (TFL: 24) (Sacks: 17)
Off the charts intangibles, super work ethic and fundamentals. Won't test great but just produces. Best pro position will most likely be at base LE in a 4/3. I can see him as the 3rd DE in a rotation eventually being able to play the left or right DE.

How's that?

OP
OP
T

Truther

Reaction score
Nice, I screwed up the spelling on the subject title. thats 'Draftwired' not Drartwired

OP
OP
T

Truther

Reaction score
I guess you all you mock drafters don't know a good, no great draft app when you see one. Either that or you so convinced that fanspeak or firstpick are actually worthy apps you won't venture off and check out something vastly superior. Do yourself a favor and start drafting on a real app. You will NEVER go back to crappy apps again

pcbball12

Reaction score
I checked it out. It is the best mock draft simulator I have seen probably. Trades that actually show the trade value chart, so trades that actually are realistic. Really cool site. Only problem is, you need a subscription to do 7 rounds from what I can tell. As a guest you can only do 3 rounds.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice draft truther. I'm as sold on Stribling. I believe it was the Shrine bowl that I watched and he seemed to be getting bowled over a lot in run support. I believe that the Seahawks rely heavily on their secondary players to provide that. So not sure if he's a good fit from that perspective. Thanks for the heads up on the site. I have to check it out.

OP
OP
T

Truther

Reaction score
hawkfan68":j2r25cym said:
Nice draft truther. I'm as sold on Stribling. I believe it was the Shrine bowl that I watched and he seemed to be getting bowled over a lot in run support. I believe that the Seahawks rely heavily on their secondary players to provide that. So not sure if he's a good fit from that perspective. Thanks for the heads up on the site. I have to check it out.
I missed the Shrine game, I trust your observation on Stribling. I'll tell you who I do like despite his relatively shorter stature, that would Daemonte Kazee. He's 5'10" 195 but plays spunky and physical - i think he'd be a nice CB2. Can't remember if he was available when I took Stribling .

OP
OP
T

Truther

Reaction score
pcbball12":3w1b0naa said:
I checked it out. It is the best mock draft simulator I have seen probably. Trades that actually show the trade value chart, so trades that actually are realistic. Really cool site. Only problem is, you need a subscription to do 7 rounds from what I can tell. As a guest you can only do 3 rounds.
I got a trial membership for 2 weeks and 2 days into it, I subscribed. I didn't need any more time to realize that this is worth a measly 8 bucks. Heck I think fanspeak's piece of junk is the same price. You would not believe how freaking awesome the group drafts are. Think of the simulator and picture being in a synchronous draft with many other virtual GM''s swapping trade proposals - having a ticker when your turn is up etc etc. I've never seen a sports app that is as well designed and fun.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Truther":lc1ghif7 said:
hawkfan68":lc1ghif7 said:
I missed the Shrine game, I trust your observation on Stribling. I'll tell you who I do like despite his relatively shorter stature, that would Daemonte Kazee. He's 5'10" 195 but plays spunky and physical - i think he'd be a nice CB2. Can't remember if he was available when I took Stribling .

Here's a link with info on a few players in the shrine game - http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/1/21/14346354/east-west-shrine-game-winners-and-losers. Jerome would be a steal in the 7th rd. He was really good in the senior bowl.

sutz

Reaction score
Truther":1btlgnmb said:
Nice, I screwed up the spelling on the subject title. thats 'Draftwired' not Drartwired
You can edit it. ;)

CPHawk

Reaction score
Just saw Mixon isn't getting an invite to the combine.

cover-2

Reaction score
CPHawk":18wyfj7e said:
Just saw Mixon isn't getting an invite to the combine.

That doesn't surprise me. He is a 1st round talent and I would be totally good with drafting him in the 3rd round.

OP
OP
T

Truther

Reaction score
Doing simulations is nice on draftwired, but they have a 'group draft' program that is run at 8 and 11pm eastern time zone that is quite simply the most realistic experience you can possibly have as a draft fan. The early one gets more action (more GMs) than the later one. I've been in a couple, one had about 8 or 9 GMs and it was an absolute blast. Complete with an open chat box for communicating with GM's about trade desires etc. The trade proposals can only be made with teams that are represented. I strongly recommend trying this out. there is nothing remotely close to it

flmmkrz

Reaction score
outside your Jones pick in the 1st id be disappointed if the draft went down that way but I'll check out the site. I gave that first-pick one a whirl and it was fun if this is better, great.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
As usual these tools hate my drafts lol I traded up in the 2nd and gave up the 102 in the third to get my dt

1.26 Jones, SidneyCB Washington
2.49 Brantley, Caleb DT Florida
(49) from WAS for (58, 102)
3 90 Baker, Budda FS Washington
3 106 Magnuson, Erik OT Michigan
6 210 Fields, Devonte OLB Louisville
7 226 Elliott, Jake K Memphis

Jones was a no brainer, need somebody to step up and play shut down opposite Sherm and this guy can do it for years down the road.

2.Interior pressure, I know there are some guys out there in fa but unless we get campbell Brantley is going to be better than what else is out there. A 3tech who can get to the qb. Wasn't gonna lose him.

3. grabbing another playmaker, not a necessity but you can find a way to get him on the field and get him groomed up by Earl as his down the line replacement. With earls injury and uttering the word retirement it never hurts to grab a talent.

4. Magnusson, big body who can play rt, he'll need some work and I'm hoping the team grabs a rt in fa so I could use this pick elsewhere but assuming they don't I went with this.

6. He's talented, he's got baggage but loads of talent and if the team can get him righted, he's a steal. Worth a shot.

7. Ran out of players i knew in the draft and took a kicker.