Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

UW better step up their recruiting game

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
UW better step up their recruiting game
Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:39 pm
  • Or Chris Peterson is going to be the CFB's version of Andy Reid. Just another coach that can rack up wins during the regular season but never quite able to get over the postseason hump.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3076
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • USC fan?

    Since 2008 you have been either first or second in the pac 12 recruiting rankings every single year... most often first. In that time frame you havnt won a pac 12 championship.

    We've all been beating you with your leftovers for years.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23226
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • The real test of a coach isn't how kids are rated out of High School, but how they are rated their final season, UW and other schools have been putting guys in the NFL for years that were not 4 star recruits, Don James put USC to shame with that practice for many years.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21697
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • I agree to an extent. Oregon has put together amazing teams with less than great recruiting classes, but how many national championships did that bring them? Especially now with the playoff system you need talent. Peterson is a great coach, but so is Harbaugh, so is Saban, so is Meyer. The difference at that point is talent, and those teams consistently have better athletes.

    And no, J, I'm a UW fan through and through.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3076
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • Trrrroy wrote:I agree to an extent. Oregon has put together amazing teams with less than great recruiting classes, but how many national championships did that bring them? Especially now with the playoff system you need talent. Peterson is a great coach, but so is Harbaugh, so is Saban, so is Meyer. The difference at that point is talent, and those teams consistently have better athletes.

    And no, J, I'm a UW fan through and through.


    No team has won a natty in The last 20 years, without at least one top 10 recruiting class on its roster.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3286
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • Trrrroy wrote:I agree to an extent. Oregon has put together amazing teams with less than great recruiting classes, but how many national championships did that bring them? Especially now with the playoff system you need talent. Peterson is a great coach, but so is Harbaugh, so is Saban, so is Meyer. The difference at that point is talent, and those teams consistently have better athletes.

    And no, J, I'm a UW fan through and through.


    Oregon put together like 3 recruiting classes in a row where they were around 10 or 11 in the country. They were recruiting with the big boys for the most part.

    Really is odd that UW couldn't turn their playoff appearance into a better recruiting class. Not sure what to make of it, but having a top 5 coach in college football makes up for a lot of it.

    That said Sam Darnold and USC..... not good for the rest of the PAC. Thankfully Oregon doesn't play them the next 2 years.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2006
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


  • cesame wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:I agree to an extent. Oregon has put together amazing teams with less than great recruiting classes, but how many national championships did that bring them? Especially now with the playoff system you need talent. Peterson is a great coach, but so is Harbaugh, so is Saban, so is Meyer. The difference at that point is talent, and those teams consistently have better athletes.

    And no, J, I'm a UW fan through and through.


    Oregon put together like 3 recruiting classes in a row where they were around 10 or 11 in the country. They were recruiting with the big boys for the most part.

    Really is odd that UW couldn't turn their playoff appearance into a better recruiting class. Not sure what to make of it, but having a top 5 coach in college football makes up for a lot of it.



    To be fair to UW, they did have a pretty small class. If you go by average recruit score they'd be 13th in the country.

    What was really impressive is Stanford. Their class finished 14th in the country with only 14 players. They landed 3 of the top 15 players in the country.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23226
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • UW recruiting is perfectly fine. More four star recruits in this class than UW has ever gotten.

    Foster was never coming, losing Marlon hurt the class, but in Jones, Bryant, Cook, and Bynum they added a WR/TE class that rivals any in the country. Molden and Taylor replace Jones and King almost like for like at CB, and I think Salvon Ahmed will be a star.
    drrew
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 913
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


  • The huskies arrived on the scene a year earlier than everyone thought they would. This program was in shambles when he took over, and I think he has done a damn good job so far assembling a squad.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2261
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Trrrroy wrote:Or Chris Peterson is going to be the CFB's version of Andy Reid. Just another coach that can rack up wins during the regular season but never quite able to get over the postseason hump.

    You dont understand recruiting
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3290
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • cesame wrote:Really is odd that UW couldn't turn their playoff appearance into a better recruiting class. Not sure what to make of it, but having a top 5 coach in college football makes up for a lot of it.

    UW took 17 players in this years class. 13 (15 counting Marlon and Wedington) of them had been committed since before the game vs USC. That means a majority of the class had been locked in way before the playoff appearance.

    It was a small class that has been locked in way before any important games. 8 top 300 players, more 4 stars than ever and a 3.5 average star. Regardless, it was a very good class.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3290
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • Hawk_Nation wrote:The huskies arrived on the scene a year earlier than everyone thought they would. This program was in shambles when he took over, and I think he has done a damn good job so far assembling a squad.


    I wouldnt say the program was in shambles. The program was in better shape then what the vast majority of new coaches take over. He inherited a hell of a lot of talent from Sark. He just had to tame the talent.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23226
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • I'd say Petersen knows what he's doing regarding recruiting. You don't have the success he had at Boise and knock off a couple powerhouses without knowing how to maximize recruiting resources as well as coach up such talent. To make the playoff in just his 3rd year is well ahead of schedule.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1508
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    cesame wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:I agree to an extent. Oregon has put together amazing teams with less than great recruiting classes, but how many national championships did that bring them? Especially now with the playoff system you need talent. Peterson is a great coach, but so is Harbaugh, so is Saban, so is Meyer. The difference at that point is talent, and those teams consistently have better athletes.

    And no, J, I'm a UW fan through and through.


    Oregon put together like 3 recruiting classes in a row where they were around 10 or 11 in the country. They were recruiting with the big boys for the most part.

    Really is odd that UW couldn't turn their playoff appearance into a better recruiting class. Not sure what to make of it, but having a top 5 coach in college football makes up for a lot of it.



    To be fair to UW, they did have a pretty small class. If you go by average recruit score they'd be 13th in the country.

    What was really impressive is Stanford. Their class finished 14th in the country with only 14 players. They landed 3 of the top 15 players in the country.


    What's even more impressive is how they did it with their academic restrictions.

    I'd say the only problem with the UW recruiting class is that they didn't sem to get a stud DT prospect, which is going to go from a strength to a weakness pretty quickly unless they get a couple guys in there. Then again, i don't know a ton about the depth already on the team.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7380
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm




It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests