Super Bowl day Seahawks mock draft

cover-2

Reaction score
As of now there are only two legit 1st round OT's that fit the Seahawk profile, so no OT in the 1st round in this mock. I also don't have them drafting a DT in this mock, I think they will sign one of the many available DT's in free agency.

In this mock the Seahawks trade their 1st round pick to the Brown. Browns trade their 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick to the Seahawks to get back into the 1st round. With the Seahawks 1st round pick the Browns get their QB; either Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes or Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer.

SEAHAWKS DRAFT

2nd round pick (from the Browns) - (CB/S) Obi Melifonwu 6-4 219 lbs, Connecticut: If the Seahawks were to draft Obi I think it would be with the thought of moving him to CB. The Seahawks were one of the few teams that showed a lot of interest in Obi at the Senior Bowl. He looked comfortable lining up at CB in the Senior Bowl practice. In the video below Obi covers the slot WR and he looks comfortable in man coverage.

[youtube]0x3Nb2UXqx8[/youtube]

here is an interview he did at the Senior Bowl...
https://youtu.be/JItktc6MYIY

2nd round pick - (DE) Daeshon Hall 6-6 265 lbs, Texas A&M: Hall has great length and a good combination of size and speed. He may be a prospect that can add 10 pounds and occasionally kick inside to pass rushing DT.

[youtube]N4YuG129gNw[/youtube]

3rd round pick (from Browns) - (RB) Kareem Hunt 5-11 215 lbs, Toledo: Hunt is not a speed guy, but IMO 40-yard times are overrated for RB's. Give me a RB with great balance, toughness/want to, and vision. Hunt is that guy!

[youtube]N9JdwwEgYAw[/youtube]

3rd round - (SS) Marcus Maye 5-11 216 lbs, Florida: Maye doesn't have Chancellor's size, but Maye is not a lightweight at 216 lbs. Maye is a physical hitter, and looks to have good arm length for his size.

[youtube]77K7RlIAN1c[/youtube]

3rd round pick (comp for Irvin) - (OG) Isaac Asiata 6-3 325 lbs, Utah: The Seahawks interviewed Asiata during the Senior Bowl Week. Utah offensive line is known for being physical. Asiata received the Pac-12 best o-lineman award voted on by Pac-12 d-lineman. Asiata would give us more quilty depth on the o-line.

[youtube]cTMcR9ahtq0[/youtube]

5th round pick (comp for Sweezy) - (WR) Ryan Switzer 5-9 185 lbs, North Carolina: Switzer is a quicker than fast WR. He is a instant open type of WR, he is ideal for quick hitting passes or teams with poor offensive lines that need WR get immediate separation.

[youtube]KAoW5MMS0AU[/youtube]

6th round pick - (LB) Javancy Jones 6-1 245 lbs, Jackson St: Jones looks like a quick twitch athlete that has good size.

[youtube]TiFvCUM34WI[/youtube]

7th round pick - (TE) Antony Auclair 6-6 256 lbs, Laval: Auclair is another player the Seahawks interviewed. Auclair lookis like a beast as a blocker and more atheletic than Nick Vannett.

[youtube]5-5mUGBVQMg[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
I appreciate the highlights and synopsis of your draft picks.

Melifonwu had a good Senior bowl game. I actually was thinking that he would be Chancellor's replacement. If we wanted a 6'4" CB, we could get King out of Washington in the 3rd round likely, and he's more polished as a CB.

I'd also like more "pop" out of our RB pick with the way the draft is set up; someone more well rounded and explosive. That said, not criticizing the pick because I don't know enough about him.

I'm "meh" on the Switzer pick. Not saying he's a bad pick or poor value, but we have two "instant open" WR's on the roster, and we still don't use them effectively even when they're both on the field at the same time. Add Graham to that moniker as well..so if we trot out Graham, Baldwin and Lockett at the same time....how is Russ not able to get the ball off quickly ? I'm not blaming the QB or the OC, but it is what it is. I don't see us adding another guy in the draft really doing anything.

I know it's a bad draft at OT, but with that 5th pick I'd like to see us draft a guy we can develop. We're thin on depth as well as talent and we need to stockpile however we can. I do like the Asiata pick and hope that if we do that maybe we can slide Odhiambo out and give him all OTA's and TC at Tackle and see what happens.

titan3131

Reaction score
super high on Javancy Jones, great pick.

Not thrilled that you didnt address 3T DT which is our biggest need on defense.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Hawks46":1i0h3bbv said:
I appreciate the highlights and synopsis of your draft picks.

Melifonwu had a good Senior bowl game. I actually was thinking that he would be Chancellor's replacement. If we wanted a 6'4" CB, we could get King out of Washington in the 3rd round likely, and he's more polished as a CB.
I love Kevin King! I doubt he will be there in the 3rd round, he is now being mentioned as a possible late 1st round prospect.

I'd also like more "pop" out of our RB pick with the way the draft is set up; someone more well rounded and explosive. That said, not criticizing the pick because I don't know enough about him.
Hunt is a well rounded RB, but yeah he is not an elite athlete. There are a lot a good RB prospects all with their different strengths and weaknesses. I'm holding out hope that we draft Oklahoma's Joe Mixon.

I'm "meh" on the Switzer pick. Not saying he's a bad pick or poor value, but we have two "instant open" WR's on the roster, and we still don't use them effectively even when they're both on the field at the same time. Add Graham to that moniker as well..so if we trot out Graham, Baldwin and Lockett at the same time....how is Russ not able to get the ball off quickly ? I'm not blaming the QB or the OC, but it is what it is. I don't see us adding another guy in the draft really doing anything.
I love Graham, but I wouldn't put in the category "instant open". He doesn't have the initial quickness off the LOS like Lockett or even Baldwin. Lockett broke his leg late in the season, so will he be available for the first game of the regular season? I guessing he won't be, which is why I think we could add a WR later in the draft.

I know it's a bad draft at OT, but with that 5th pick I'd like to see us draft a guy we can develop. We're thin on depth as well as talent and we need to stockpile however we can. I do like the Asiata pick and hope that if we do that maybe we can slide Odhiambo out and give him all OTA's and TC at Tackle and see what happens.
Yeah, I'm sure they will probably draft an OT at some point in the draft. I'm with you, kind of holding out hope that Odhiambo can step up and be a stud RT

2_0_6

Reaction score
If the Hawks only get one O-lineman out of this draft, I might just have to pull a FalconFanNW and turn in my fan card.

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
titan3131":2jrly2vc said:
super high on Javancy Jones, great pick.

Not thrilled that you didnt address 3T DT which is our biggest need on defense.

Considering our teams needs, the value per round, and DT depth in free agency...how would you address our need at 3-tech and which DT's do you like in the draft?

For this mock I had us signing a DT in free agency. This year's free agency is stacked with quality DT's...
- Kawann Short
- Calais Campbell
- Johnathan Hankins
- Dontari Poe
- Dominique Easley
- Stephen Paea
- Terrell McClain
- Datone Jones (DE/DT)

There are some 3-tech DT's I like in the draft. McDowell, Jarron Jones, Monaravius Adams, Chris Wormley to name a few.

drrew

Reaction score
Daeshon Hall - he has local family ties. Haven't thought of that name since the famed St. Tosh's Day Massacre when he along with 5 other guys committed to the UW on a single afternoon.

He ended up backing out of that commitment and went to Texas A&M...I'll have to look through some of his highlights.

Largent80

Reaction score
Regarding O-Line, I have a gut feeling they will try Odi at RT going into camps. If that is the case then depth would or should be addressed through the draft, and maybe they would be better off trying to get Campbell in F.A. at 3-tech rather than spend money on a F.A. O-Lineman.

DB is a must in this draft IMO, And Marsh hasn't been getting home much after 3 years. He is good on ST, so maybe that pick at DE is a good call.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Love this mock. I think Obi could find a great role as a TE stopper or an outside CB possibly. I'm also happy with Asiata and Hall. I think both will be much better than their projected draft spot.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
#'s - 26, 58, 90, 105, 171, 185, 212, 230, 248 - Seahawks picks (and player rankings) -per- draftwired2.com
Below is - BPA's at each pick - purely IMO only.

26--*OLB-Haason Reddick(38), B-Rasul Douglas(32), *CB-Corderea Tankersley(29),
CB-Quincy Wilson(45), *DE-Taco Charlton(35) ---- (If Reddick is available, he's most likely the pick)

58--*FS-Budda Baker(74), *SS/FS-Justin Evans(63), CB-Adoree' Jackson(67), *DT-Chris Wormley(75),
*OLB-Jarrad Davis(68), *OT-Taylor Moton(78) ---- (*Moton, only because they are looking hard at him)

90--*CB-Kevin King(92), OLB-Alex Anzalone(103), *DT-Ryan Glasgow(91), DE-Daeshon Hall(104),
*OT-Rodrick Johnson(71), RB-Samaje Perine(97) ---- (Could be Baker/Evans at 58 & King/Moton at 90)

105--*SS-Tedrick Thompson(131), FS-Josh Jones(119), *DT-Mount Adams(112), OG-Zach Banner(133)
WR-Chad Hansen(127), OT-Adam Bisnowaty(114), ---- (Any here would be a decent pick at 105)

171--SS-John Johnson(179), *WR-Taywan Taylor(174), TE-Antony Auclair(182), *PK-Zane Gonzalez(169),
DE-Josh Carraway(175), OLB-Ejuan Price(184) ---- (WR-Taylor = a steal here, Gonzalez adds competition)

185--*CB-Ahkello Witherspoon(185), *CB-Treston DeCoud(197), Dalvin Tomlinson(200),
DE-Karter Schult(194), WR-Carlos Henderson(202) ---- ( mostly developmental guys, ANY would work)

212--*OT-Andreas Knappe(226), FS-David Jones(225), WR-Jehu Chesson(246), OT-Jon McLaughlin(219),
DE-Bryan Cox(217), OG-Jessamen Dunker(221) ---- (worst rd. of the draft, reach/trade up with this pick?)

230--*OLB-Tyus Bower(234), *DT-DeAngelo Brown(238), *OG-Isaac Asiata(243), *PK-Daniel Carlson(245),
OT/OG-David Sharp(344), OG-Danny Isidora(236) ---- (Bower & Asiata = steals at this pick)

248--*OLB-Carroll Phillips(254), WR-Billy Brown(285), OT-Jonah Pirsig(291), *OT-Javarius Leamon(307),
FS-Donald Payne(299), OG-Ben Braden(251) ---- (Seahawks have shown some interest in Phillips.)

UDFA's:-- *OLB-Keion Adams(347), WR-Josh Malone(314), *OT-Levon Myers(383), OT-Greg Pike(317).
FB-Freddie Stevenson(281), *OG-Kareem Are(303), ---- (Adams/Are/Myers = Priority UDFA's)

I think this illustrates the lack of high-end OL talent in this draft. The Seahawks should be able to add some really good players in their first 4/5 picks & after that it's pretty much all developmental (or injured guys) available IMO. I have starred (*) my favorites. Mix & match, which are the best combinations? I just can't wait for the combine to get here....