Garett Bolles

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Garett Bolles
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:24 pm
  • Freak athlete who plays with nastiness, like the J.J. Watt of offensive tackles. Boles was one of my favorite players to watch in college football last season. And he's only going to get better as he fills out that frame.

Because he's a little undeveloped, some people have him falling to the bottom of the first round. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Last edited by hawknation2017 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Re: Garett Boles
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 pm
  • Someone is going to nab him before us, and really, I don't see the Hawks going OL in the first round based on their feeling that the youngsters that got baptism by fire in 2016 are going to improve.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 pm
  • Let a man dream, Largent80. Let a man dream.

Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Boles, and Fant/Gilliam would be a nasty Oline. Boles would fit in at OT on either side.

:179417:
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 pm
  • Is he related to the Utah player named Garett Bolles?
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:10 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Is he related to the Utah player named Garett Bolles?

hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 pm
  • hawknation2017 wrote:Let a man dream, Largent80. Let a man dream.

Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Boles, and Fant/Gilliam would be a nasty Oline. Boles would fit in at OT on either side.

Agreed. I'm assuming you meant Fant/Gilliam playing some double-wide, three-legged race style OT right?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:43 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:Let a man dream, Largent80. Let a man dream.

Agreed. I'm assuming you meant Fant/Gilliam playing some double-wide, three-legged race style OT right?

A man can dream.
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:15 pm
  • Cable will make him a guard/tackle player and bench him for depth.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 pm
  • There is no way Seattle will even get a sniff of this player, he'll be long gone by pick #26.

Let's be realistic, neither of top OTs will still be around @26.

I suspect the team will not draft LT and will go with Fant, but may draft a RT or find a stop gap guy like last season in FA.

We need to have some patience about the OLine.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:29 am
  • what about a trade up? seems like he could lockdown the left tackle spot for the rest of wilsons career. wouldnt that be worth some draft capital?
    IrishNW
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:25 pm
  • I want Ram or Bolles I do not want Robinson we need tackles who can actually excel in pass protection.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:31 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:There is no way Seattle will even get a sniff of this player, he'll be long gone by pick #26.

Let's be realistic, neither of top OTs will still be around @26.

I suspect the team will not draft LT and will go with Fant, but may draft a RT or find a stop gap guy like last season in FA.

We need to have some patience about the OLine.

I suspect you are correct. To be honest, I got a little overexcited seeing all these mock drafts with GB falling to us. The most recent NFL.com mock drafts have him dropping to #25. If he falls below #20, that might be the sweet spot for the Seahawks to trade up. Perhaps with a team with a specific position in mind and looking to move down in the first round for more picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-draf ... -mockdraft

At this time last year, Germain Ifedi was projected to go anywhere from #15 to the middle of the 2nd round. Whenever I mentioned him, I heard a similar refrain that it was unrealistic. GB is more likely to be taken early than Ifedi was, but who really knows?

If the Seahawks could add a terrific OT prospect, that would be a game changer for this team. Glowinski-Britt-Ifedi have the makings of a solid interior. George Fant may or may not ever develop into a decent LT. And Garry Gilliam would probably be more useful in a utility role . . . if they can find that 2nd starter at OT.

Someone like Garett Bolles could be a transformative presence for this offensive line, turning our weakest position group into a strength, which would make him worth his weight in gold.
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:53 pm
  • I can't see him falling to us either, he's probably got the most upside at the tackle position. He'll be within striking distance of a trade possibly but I wouldn't want to give up much to get him to be honest. Just moving up 6 spots to nab him at 20 for example would mean giving up our 3rd rounder as well, and with the defensive depth in this draft you're likely to nab 2 legit quality starters. The oline talent in this draft isn't very strong, they are better off paying for some oline help and drafting the strength of the draft imo.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:29 am
  • If anyone falls to us, it's Ramcyk with his health question marks.

if Bolles falls to us, I can see the Hawks jumping on it. We can get a good safety, Cb, RB or edge in the 2nd round with the depth of the draft.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:45 am
  • I definitely do not see him falling to #26.

Throughout the process, I felt like he was a player who would fly up the external boards as draft enthusiasts became more familiar with his game.

The fact that there are probably no less than 6 teams in just as dire shape at LT as we are all picking ahead of us in the teens and early 20s. Leaves almost no chance whatsoever that he makes it to us.

It's a weak class. Usually in those instances players at high premium positions get overdrafted even more. Which would not bode well for us landing Ramczyk either. This league is OT hungry and there aren't enough to go around.

If you look at the teams projected to go DB in round one -- look to see if they are set at OT. If not, there's a very strong likelihood that they go OT in the first (scarcity) and double back with a lesser player at DB and take advantage of the depth there.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 pm
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:I definitely do not see him falling to #26.

Throughout the process, I felt like he was a player who would fly up the external boards as draft enthusiasts became more familiar with his game.

The fact that there are probably no less than 6 teams in just as dire shape at LT as we are all picking ahead of us in the teens and early 20s. Leaves almost no chance whatsoever that he makes it to us.

It's a weak class. Usually in those instances players at high premium positions get overdrafted even more. Which would not bode well for us landing Ramczyk either. This league is OT hungry and there aren't enough to go around.

If you look at the teams projected to go DB in round one -- look to see if they are set at OT. If not, there's a very strong likelihood that they go OT in the first (scarcity) and double back with a lesser player at DB and take advantage of the depth there.

Which means we might have a highly touted DB fall to us at 26.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:34 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:]

Which means we might have a highly touted DB fall to us at 26.

If I had to hazard a guess, we may stand pat at 26. Take the better OT or LB. Then cull depth of CB in day 2.

Safety is a bit of a wild card for me. Seattle values it's safeties more than most. And in particular Earl. He is so unique and the fact this defense went from a top 2 defense in the NFL to 17th and worse instantly upon his departure is not lost.

There will be appropriate Earl Thomas clones in this draft. Redundant or not, Earl and Kam have between them been absent in some capacity far more than both healthy. This defense is not ok with 'next man up' type talent.

This is the safety draft to secure redundancy and to begin to unload. The best safety draft since 2010. On paper, it's even better.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm
  • We won't draft a LB in the first round, Pete and John want a tilt the field player, that would be a CB that's lights out, a Safety that brings what Earl or Kam can bring. Running back that you can strap the team to and will carry you. Or Trade Down, no Tackles that are of the Quality in the late first either to burn a pick with.

I think at 26 we listen to a lot of offers and may trade away the pick for a 2nd and a 4th maybe a 5th also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:58 pm
  • Bolles will almost be 26 years old by the end of his rookie season. Pushing Brandon Weeden territory.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm
  • massari wrote:Bolles will almost be 26 years old by the end of his rookie season. Pushing Brandon Weeden territory.

It will be interesting to see how teams feel about him being 26. Weeden was 28 though and his tape was not good. Bolles tape is fantastic. Getting 8 really good years of an OL is worth a 1st round pick. I don't think him being 26 will be too big of a deterrent, but you never know.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:04 am
  • pcbball12 wrote:
    massari wrote:Bolles will almost be 26 years old by the end of his rookie season. Pushing Brandon Weeden territory.

It will be interesting to see how teams feel about him being 26. Weeden was 28 though and his tape was not good. Bolles tape is fantastic. Getting 8 really good years of an OL is worth a 1st round pick. I don't think him being 26 will be too big of a deterrent, but you never know.

I'm hoping age is enough of a deterrent for him to drop him into a range where we could possibly move up. Maybe we could trade up a few spots to prevent Houston from taking him . . . if he drops below Denver.

Keep in mind, the Seahawks now have THREE tradeable 3rd down picks.
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:53 am
  • Unfortunately, we won't even get a sniff of this guy.

Forty yard dash (OL)

Group one

Isaac Asiata — 5.35 & 5.44
    Erik Austell — 5.21 & 5.23
    Zach Banner — 5.58 & 5.60
    Adam Bisnowaty — 5.23 & 5.26
    Garett Bolles — 4.96 & 5.02
    Ben Braden — 5.05 & 5.03
    Aviante Collins — 4.78 & 4.82
    Ethan Cooper — 5.38 & 5.36
    Julie’n Davenport — 5.48 & 5.46
    Dion Dawkins — 5.11 & 5.15
    Jessamen Dunker — 5.05 & 5.00
    Pat Elflein — 5.32 & 5.33
    Jermaine Eluemunor — 5.17 & 5.22
    Dan Feeney — 5.28 & 5.25

Garett Bolles had a 1.71 10-yard split. Aviante Collins had the fastest split (1.68).

Collins (TCU) hurt himself in the initial movement drill. Pat Elflein’s footwork was impressive, ditto Eluemunor and Dan Feeney. Solid.

Nobody is on Bolles’ level of movement and athleticism so far. His balance, control and quick change of direction is so good. Mike Mayock just compared Bolles to Terron Armstead.

In the next cone drill, Bolles just exploded out of his stance and sprinted beautifully downfield — again putting the rest of this group to shame.

Bolles is the clear leader among this group. So far Dion Dawkins has looked the next best O-liner in group one.

From Rob's Blog

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am
  • The only 3 tackles we'd be interested in (Ram, Bolles and Lamp) will be LONG gone by the time we pick.

Just go defense.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 am
  • Yup.

We can shore up DB, OLB.

Maybe pick a decent OL depth dude. (probably a guard)...then there is UDFA
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:17 am
  • Bolles, at 6 foot 4, ran a 4.96 40 with a 1.71 split. He is an amazing athlete. Another guy who is making waves, both on film and now at the combine, is Forrest lamp. 6 foot 4, 309, ran a 4.99 40 with a 1.8 split. His knock is 32 and a half inch arms. But he is a good linemen. The more this plays out, the better the linemen class is looking. The chances that a good player will be there in the 1st for the Hawks if they go that way are good. Another combine freak is that aeviante dude, ran a 4.87. The list of dudes that had similar was impressive. 9 out of 10 guys were all pro, pro bowl caliber guys.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:35 am
  • Taylor Moten is the OT prospect I could see hitting our radar. Had a great combine and I heard the kid interviewed on NFL radio. He is at the top of my list of OL candidates for us. I think he will be a very good RT in this league someday.
    penihawk
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:04 am
  • No way he lasts 26 spots but I'm still holding onto hope. :D
    JAGHAWK
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm
  • It's amazing to me that people are now talking about trading DOWN to get Bolles.

I still love him as a prospect, but age and his lack of development and experience have possibly pushed him down into the bottom of the first round. I still would not risk trading down. If he's there at #26, sprint to the podium!

:irishdrinkers:
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Re: Garett Bolles
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:54 pm
  • As far as I'm concerned, the Seahawks are in a "win now" state of mind and do not believe a first round pick used on an offensive lineman will contribute to winning this upcoming season. Offensive lineman take a few seasons to contribute as far developing and gelling with the rest of the unit. I don't think the Seahawks want to do this at this point in where they see their total talent level at. Seahawks are trying to win now, not 3 years from now. IMO this offensive lineman group is not worth using a first round pick on. You won't get far with this years crop of lineman.

Begin the rebuild (opposite Sherman) and add depth to the Legion of Boom.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the Seahawks are in a "win now" state of mind and do not believe a first round pick used on an offensive lineman will contribute to winning this upcoming season. Offensive lineman take a few seasons to contribute as far developing and gelling with the rest of the unit. I don't think the Seahawks want to do this at this point in where they see their total talent level at. Seahawks are trying to win now, not 3 years from now. IMO this offensive lineman group is not worth using a first round pick on. You won't get far with this years crop of lineman.

I think they are in a "win forever" state of mind and if Bolles can be our franchise left tackle then you get him.
    IrishNW
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the Seahawks are in a "win now" state of mind and do not believe a first round pick used on an offensive lineman will contribute to winning this upcoming season. Offensive lineman take a few seasons to contribute as far developing and gelling with the rest of the unit. I don't think the Seahawks want to do this at this point in where they see their total talent level at. Seahawks are trying to win now, not 3 years from now. IMO this offensive lineman group is not worth using a first round pick on. You won't get far with this years crop of lineman.

If you want to win now, then we need a 5th starter on the offensive line.
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the Seahawks are in a "win now" state of mind and do not believe a first round pick used on an offensive lineman will contribute to winning this upcoming season. Offensive lineman take a few seasons to contribute as far developing and gelling with the rest of the unit.

This is simply not true at all. I can name several OL prospects who started day one and are better than league average just from last year alone. Not all of them first round guys either.

Jack Conklin - Already among the top 12 OTs in the league
    Ronnie Staley - Solid day one starter
    Laremy Tunsil - Day one starter (albeit at OG)
    Cody Whitehair - Excellent OG
    Ryan Kelly
    Joe Thuney (wanted him so badly)

These were all day one starters with considerable quality.

There isn't any correlation that it's harder to break into a starting lineup at OL than say DL, LB or DB. In fact of all of the position groups for Seattle, the only one where we've consistently NOT started rookies due to complex scheme is DB. Not even Sherman or Chancellor were able to achieve that feat. Only Thomas, and that was as much due to us vacating both starting safeties on the roster as it was Thomas' talent.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 am
  • The teams that I hear are highest on Bolles right now include the Denver Broncos (20th selection), New York Giants (No. 23), Oakland Raiders (No. 24) and Houston Texans (No. 25).

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-t ... draft-week

According to Sporting News' Eric Galko, the Seahawks are attempting to trade up to nab offensive tackle Garett Bolles. The report corroborates draft expert Tony Pauline's assertion that the team is targeting Boles; however, they have the team going about it in wildly different ways.

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Se ... s-52500057
    hawknation2017
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:00 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:
    The teams that I hear are highest on Bolles right now include the Denver Broncos (20th selection), New York Giants (No. 23), Oakland Raiders (No. 24) and Houston Texans (No. 25).

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-t ... draft-week

According to Sporting News' Eric Galko, the Seahawks are attempting to trade up to nab offensive tackle Garett Bolles. The report corroborates draft expert Tony Pauline's assertion that the team is targeting Boles; however, they have the team going about it in wildly different ways.

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Se ... s-52500057

this comes across as disinformation to me. Either way I hope we end up with Bolles.
    IrishNW
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information