RB Needed: The kind defenders don't want to tackle.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think Prosise, if he can ever stay healthy, is a hell of a dynamic player and can take it to the house from anywhere.

Rawls is fine. If you give him some good blocking he can really take advantage at the second level, but he's not special in any one way or more.

We won't get a shot at the RBs that everyone wants this year, but what I see that's clearly missing in the backfield is the type of pounder that no one wants to have to tackle. The attitude is visibly missing from the Seahawks backfield. Here are some candidates:

[youtube]RYc2oE5CVCg[/youtube]

[youtube]WreiP9FwEZ8[/youtube]

[youtube]2Nm0wImu8UM[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also, many won't like it, but Mixon will likely be on the table and he is quite possibly the most natural pure runner in the draft and he's also got a severe attitude problem on the field (and off as well, obviously). That would be an interesting subject if that happened.

The body styles of both Conner and Smith (above) make for some extremely strong football players. Both have good lower body development. Conner is the bigger player, but I think Smith loves contact more. Reminds me a bit of Spencer Ware.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This draft has a lot of these Alex Collins type players.

Would expect a day 3 pick to be used for one of them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2mxoe0gs said:
Also, many won't like it, but Mixon will likely be on the table and he is quite possibly the most natural pure runner in the draft and he's also got a severe attitude problem on the field (and off as well, obviously). That would be an interesting subject if that happened.

The body styles of both Conner and Smith (above) make for some extremely strong football players. Both have good lower body development. Conner is the bigger player, but I think Smith loves contact more. Reminds me a bit of Spencer Ware.

Mixon the guy is very unlikable. Mixon the player is incredibly talented.

I would love a D'Onta Foreman though

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really like Foreman. Is he a 2nd rounder? Maybe even back of the 1st type?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Joe Williams, Utah RB, is in this draft, then he would be a good option as well. Runs hard and fast.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3di9ezwh said:
I really like Foreman. Is he a 2nd rounder? Maybe even back of the 1st type?

Not a back half of the first guy. Maybe back half of R3. His combine will need to be outstanding.

I personally see him in the 70-140 range of players pending combine results and individual team's tastes. His ball security issues will drop him some.

It's tough to slot him. But given the quality at RB in this draft -- I don't see many teams feeling like they need to over reach for him. The rich alternatives in guys similar to Foreman means teams can feel more comfortable letting the draft come to them in that range.

Foreman is huge. Unfortunately if you want a bigger back (230+), this year you can pick from Perine, Foreman or Conner. So Foreman's size isn't even really unique in this class. And all of those guys are kind of forecast in that late 3rd to mid 5th round range. He's going to have to demonstrate he has burst and agility. Even if he tests outstanding like Derrick Henry did last year at around the same profile -- the relative strength of this draft should push other prospects in front of him.

Before people get too hung up on fumble rates regarding Seattle -- Foreman's fumble rate was one in 74 carries. Which puts him about 20th in terms of ranking of likely draftable RBs in this class (worth noting that Dalvin Cook a likely top 15 overall player is even worse in this regard).

But Seattle drafted two guys last year (Procise and Collins) who were significantly worse than Foreman. So it's not the end all/be all stat. Just one of many factors. And given the competition and relative flattening of the tier 3 RB group -- it'll be probably over analyzed.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Foreman is the best back that will be available in my opinion. Hopefully he is there in the third, and can be snagged with a comp pick. Probably a second rounder though. If there isn't a blue chip player that slides to 26, I wouldn't mind if they traded back and picked foreman in the second.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Foreman would be my first choice of these guys. I'd say he runs a 4.5 forty at the combine. He ran away from too many people to not at least run that fast. Thing about him, he doesn't look 250, nor does he play like it. How many 250 lbers look to bounce runs outside ? I also didn't see him truck a lot of guys, but then again, he didn't always have to.

Of the other RB's that were listed above, I'd probably go Elijah Hood first. He's tough to bring down, but has quickness, speed and wiggle to take it to the house. After that I'd go after Conner from Pitt. I don't mind the kid from MI, but he shuffles his feet a bit and it makes him look like he lacks burst.

If we want a hammer, how about Samaje Perine from OK ? I probably spelled it wrong, but at 5'11" and 235 he brings plenty of hammer. He doesn't have much wiggle, but we have Rawls and Prosise for wiggle.

If we want a punishing runner, I tend to like guys in the 225 lb range. It's where Lynch played most of his career, although he listed at the combine at 215, I'm betting his last two years he played at more like 235. Rawls and Collins both weight in at 215 and you can see the problems that arise. If you're going to run head first into people at this level, you need to have some weight behind you.

Alvin Kamara is also another good back, but not sure he has that style we're looking for although he breaks a lot of tackles.

Too bad we couldn't get Fournette, as he's 235 and a freaking man beast. That's a guy that will make an Adrian Peterson like impact. You have to account for him, and it opens up the rest of the offense.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
If his stock drops enough and you can snag Mixon in the 3rd round he is gonna be the steal of the draft. He's a 1st round talent and outside Fournette quite possibly the next best back in the draft. The team doesn't shy away from talents with some issues so I hope he is on the radar.

DJrmb

Reaction score
There's some saying Mixon will not be drafted at all. I think that's insane and probably mostly smoke screen but it is out there. I would be happy with Mixon anywhere in the draft except for in the 1st round. That doesn't mean I don't think his talent isn't 1st round caliber because in my opinion it is but value wise (risk vs reward) I think 2nd round and later is where I would like to see him on my team.

For RB's that are realistic based on our draft position and where they are expected to be drafted Mixon is the #1 guy on my list for Seattle to draft.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Adding Perine to this thread. There's some there that reminds me of Jonathan Stewart, who I always wanted, being the local boy (Lacey, WA).

[youtube]0-hxd55alKE[/youtube]

EDIT: There's actually a little bit of Beast Mode there too. Reason being is the center of gravity. He's very, very difficult to tip over.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Good addition Vin. I really like how well both Mixon and Perine use their hands to fight off defenders and break tackles. Kudos to the RB coach there because they are both really good at it and it's clearly something that's been instilled into them. That's one of the things that I don't like about Fournette. Don't get me wrong, I still love Fournette overall, but with his good balance and size if he could be taught to use his hands better, rather than just lowering his shoulder and running through people most of the time, he could be that much harder to take down and probably lengthen his career not taking as many hard hits.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
vin.couve12":s2mk34ji said:
Adding Perine to this thread. There's some there that reminds me of Jonathan Stewart, who I always wanted, being the local boy (Lacey, WA).

[youtube]0-hxd55alKE[/youtube]

EDIT: There's actually a little bit of Beast Mode there too. Reason being is the center of gravity. He's very, very difficult to tip over.

Because of Mixon, Perine tends to get overlooked. I think he is quite underrated and he may even be a better pro than Mixon. Either Mixon or Perine would be awesome in Seahawk blue. Oklahoma had a great double punch running attack.

ivotuk

Reaction score
After watching all of those videos, Perine is def my favorite. He reminds me of an old San Diego running back, thick and hard to bring down. I want to say Tolman, but can't remember his name.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1c5qktgv said:
After watching all of those videos, Perine is def my favorite. He reminds me of an old San Diego running back, thick and hard to bring down. I want to say Tolman, but can't remember his name.

They had a couple. Natrone Means and Marion Butts. Reminds me more of Means though.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'd forgotten about Means. I was thinking of Tolbert. Had to ask my San Diego friend who is now in a love/hate relationship with his team.