My Thoughts on Caleb Brantley

Rahawk

Reaction score
Si i just got done watching 3 games of tape on Caleb Brantley DT out of Florida and here's my thoughts based on what I saw.

Strengths: Fantastic First Move that can allow him to blow up a run or instantly get pressure on the QB forcing a busted play, Great at rushing the passer from the interior which is something I think we desperately need to take pressure off Bennett and Avril.

Weaknesses: can get lost in the running game, also can get overpowered at the point of attack on runs as well. Does a decent job of shedding blocks but tends to miss a few tackles when given the opportunity to take down a runner.

Overall I feel like he could be a great late first round pick to bolster the interior defensive line just need to work on his tacking and have a great run stuffer next to him. But he's a dam relentless pass rusher. Although he running game isn't a strength of his he shows flashes with his quick first move to blow by offensive linemen and stop the run in the backfield given he finishes the tackle. But he can be coached up on tackling.

Well that's my thoughts on him from what I saw what do y'all think?

Also I'm doing to be looking at more film of even more defensive lineman to see what else thrust draft has to offer. Hope you guys enjoyed the read.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Brantley is a player I'm super high on and think he could be a steal in the 2nd round, tho i doubt he makes it all the way to us in the 2nd. There is a ton of depth on the defensive line and more sexy edge rushers this draft that I think it drops his value which bodes well for a team that could use his skill set, namely us. He looks to be almost exactly what they are targeting in Mitchell with more upside, which tells me they're probably looking at Brantley if he falls to them. I agree in what you see in terms of strengths but found him quite solid against the run, I don't think he ever got lost but he faced a lot of double teams in college which he struggled with a little bit yet he made a ton of plays behind the los with backs. With Avril Bennett and Clark roaming, you're going to have to pick your poison which should free him up from doubles. Definitely needs to finish a lot more plays off but with our guys he'll have lots of help closing plays up. Legit 3 tech, I hope JS can find a way to land him. Outside of a couple of the top picks there are few players I think would fit our lineup and needs as well.