DE/OLB-Jordan Willis; Kansas St.,

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A potential replacement for the "Bruce" role, as a standup LB on early downs and as an edge rusher on passing downs.
Likely would require a round 3 or 4 pick (100-130 range). + Somewhere herein I read that their is a Seahawks/Kansas St connection at the coaching level, so maybe this guy is on their radar as a SAM/LEO type? Watch for his 40 time/10-yd split in the coming combine, if decent, he'd be a very solid pick for the future with one of the available 3-rd round picks.

--DE/OLB-Jordan Willis; Kansas St., 6-4/255 with 33.25"-arms, 10.0"-hands, 40 time & 10-yd. split=TBD @ combine.
2016: 13-games, 52-tkls, 34-solo, 17.5-TFL, 11.5-sacks, 3-PBU, 4-QBH, 3-FF
:smilingalien:

cover-2

Reaction score
Yeah, he would be a great option for us in the middle rounds if we don't draft a DE in the first couple of rounds. If we are looking at him converting to LB for us, then I would be looking to see how fluid he looks at the combine.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Jordan Willis would be an excellent pick. I think he's a player on the K-State team that epitomizes what the program is about.

titan3131

Reaction score
Posted a 1.54 split on another attempt. 3Rd round pick for us, replace marsh

endzorn

Reaction score
I don't care what they say about the combine, when guys have huge workout numbers like this and have college production to match they end up going much earlier than projected initially. He's a prototypical Seahawks pick so don't be surprised if we're the team to pull the trigger a round or two before expected.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
He impressed me with his on the field workout and times. Trey Hendrickson impressed me today as well for the same reasons. Seems like a deep draft for a lot of positions so I'm excited to see what they do

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
endzorn":1brgdoay said:
I don't care what they say about the combine, when guys have huge workout numbers like this and have college production to match they end up going much earlier than projected initially. He's a prototypical Seahawks pick so don't be surprised if we're the team to pull the trigger a round or two before expected.

This is true.

But the issue here, is that this draft probably has close to 80 players all of the same caliber. They do go much earlier in a draft, but the reality is there are too many to squeeze into the early frames.

Figure probably 20 teams are going to draft a DE in the first three rounds. There are so many to choose from.

I would pretty much guarantee that the 3 third round picks are going to be guys many (maybe half) of fans recommended we trade up from 58 to acquire.

Well, I take that back. I'm sure we'll have at least one Odhiambo/Poole type pick that leave us wondering WTF did we reach a round and a half for that guy?

Can we settle for we *should* be able to get 3 guys that normally figure to be 2nd round talents in any other year?

Latest posts