Willie Taggart continues to make great decisions

drrew

Reaction score
Oregon Coach Willie Taggart Ices Out Beat Reporter For Daring To Report The News
http://deadspin.com/oregon-coach-willie-taggart-ices-out-beat-reporter-for-1792718850

This was my favorite part
The facts here seem clear: Greif is good at his job, Taggart is bad at his, Taggart should stop trying to make this about a reporter rather than his own program messing up badly, and Ducks fans who want accurate information about the team should pay attention to Greif, whether or not the coach deigns to talk to him.

I expect Willie to start yelling out 'fake news' anytime someone from the Oregonian shows up at a press event.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I know your being ironic when you say he's making great decisions, but I assure you that most Duck fans think it is indeed a great decision and hope that he adds a few more reporters to the list. Wish the Blazers and Timbers would do the same. The Oregonian has become a trash newspaper that likes nothing more then starting drama.

Taggarts issue with grief is not what he wrote, but what he didnt include in the article. Grief wrote a sensationalistic article that did not include important facts (which he knew) that made the issue seem much less severe. For example, the players could have tapped out of the workouts (which some did) at any time with no repercussions.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I like it when anyone stands up to the media, because the media is so deceptive and misleading. A person who reads nothing at all is more educated than a person who only reads newspapers. Good for Willie.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If you don't read the newspaper you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. -Mark Twain

cheese22

Reaction score
Most of the writers seem to be more interested in a personal agenda rather than informative, unbiased articles. If you didn't know it was an Oregon paper, you might think it was the newspaper from a rival school/state.
The truth about those workouts is that it happens more than gets reported. Several players came out afterward and said the workouts were not as strenuous as portrayed in some articles and they actually implied that the players who were hospitalized should have been in better shape. Not as sensational of a story in reality, but that's obviously not their m.o. Players throw up and faint all the time, not that it's right, but it happens frequently. These guys obviously had a different, more severe reaction. But the biggest overreaction came because of the articles. Too many people believe whatever they read in newspapers like it's all true, like the newspapers are more reliable for whatever reason. But most Duck fans will tell you that a majority of articles about the U of O have a slant against them. One example was last year when the generalization of most stories about Altman and Tinkle was that Altman was on his way out and Tinkle had OSU headed in the right direction. Typical bias around here.

sdog1981

Reaction score
cheese22":1c1tuvz6 said:
Most of the writers seem to be more interested in a personal agenda rather than informative, unbiased articles. If you didn't know it was an Oregon paper, you might think it was the newspaper from a rival school/state.
The truth about those workouts is that it happens more than gets reported. Several players came out afterward and said the workouts were not as strenuous as portrayed in some articles and they actually implied that the players who were hospitalized should have been in better shape. Not as sensational of a story in reality, but that's obviously not their m.o. Players throw up and faint all the time, not that it's right, but it happens frequently. These guys obviously had a different, more severe reaction. But the biggest overreaction came because of the articles. Too many people believe whatever they read in newspapers like it's all true, like the newspapers are more reliable for whatever reason. But most Duck fans will tell you that a majority of articles about the U of O have a slant against them. One example was last year when the generalization of most stories about Altman and Tinkle was that Altman was on his way out and Tinkle had OSU headed in the right direction. Typical bias around here.

So which school in Oregon is the "journalist" school? OSI or UO? In Washington, all the radio and tv guys go to Washinton State and the print guys all go to UW. You see it how they write at times.

Tical21

Reaction score
My two favorite words.....Willie Taggart.

OP
OP
D

drrew

Reaction score
Love Willie Taggart

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Chris_Fetters/status/842464513483927552[/tweet]

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":2f3kirt5 said:
Love Willie Taggart

I'll gladly let you have every single Oregon kid if it means we get more kids from Florida, Texas, California, etc.

The only Oregon kids i really want this year are Hufanga and Bynum, and kind of Cota and Lenzy.

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":ubj24ixv said:
Love Willie Taggart

Classic fetters, takes a random posting by a guy who claims to be a coach, and runs with it. Even people here wouldn't go to a rival site, and take a random posting as absolute truth. Lil Hands Kim probably posted that, and fetters ran with it.

OP
OP
D

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33iqy8pt said:
I'll gladly let you have every single Oregon kid if it means we get more kids from Florida, Texas, California, etc.

The only Oregon kids i really want this year are Hufanga and Bynum, and kind of Cota and Lenzy.
CPHawk":33iqy8pt said:
Classic fetters, takes a random posting by a guy who claims to be a coach, and runs with it. Even people here wouldn't go to a rival site, and take a random posting as absolute truth. Lil Hands Kim probably posted that, and fetters ran with it.

J has at least reached the bargaining stage, congratulations, only two more to go. CP, unfortunately looks like you're still stuck at denial.

Don't worry guys, even though things will continue to get worse for awhile, Oregon will get a Sun Bowl berth again someday. :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":15hxukm5 said:
JSeahawks":15hxukm5 said:

CPHawk":15hxukm5 said:

J has at least reached the bargaining stage, congratulations, only two more to go. CP, unfortunately looks like you're still stuck at denial.

Don't worry guys, even though things will continue to get worse for awhile, Oregon will get a Sun Bowl berth again someday. :lol:

I love everything about Willie taggart so far. Don't care even a little bit if he gave a weak presentation (which I don't really believe from random newspaper comment guy anyway). We'll be right back to beating uw in no time.

Latest posts