Who are some guys you think we end up with?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Like them or not. Who screams Seahawks pick to you?

My list

Adam Shaheen TE Ashland
    Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
    Ahkella Witherspoon CB Colorado
    Carlos Watkins DT Clemson
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• bevellisthedevil wrote:Like them or not. Who screams Seahawks pick to you?

My list

Adam Shaheen TE Ashland
    Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
    Ahkella Witherspoon CB Colorado
    Carlos Watkins DT Clemson

Kupp would be a huge pick.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• I'm sorta diggin Kareem Hunt. He doesn't go down upon contact. Good on his feet - which was a knock on C-Mike. I would absolutely love Christian McCaffrey, but not getting any hopes up there.
    Fan since team Est. 1976
    Winner of 2013 and 2015 .net annual draft contests
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• I agree with your Witherspoon pick.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• DL,CB,S,LB,RB,TE

Budda Baker
    and the rest I don't care.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• LOVE both Witherspoon and Watkins. Kupp would be super sweet.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• Another guy I really like is DT Charles Walker from Oklahoma. Dude's a beast.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• Kevin King, Carlos Watkins, Hasson Reddick are my guys. The tackle from USC would make a killer right Side(Banner).
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

• Zach is a great kid, but I'm not optimistic about his NFL chances at RT. He's too heavy and slow.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• At this point it's looking like Obi after hearing we met with him and he just jumped out of the effing building. Dude is a freak.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Starter

• #1 Zach Cunningham Vanderbilt

#2 Hasson Reddick

#3 DB...too many to choose from so BPA, but a tall, long armed BPA.

I think a coverage OLB it our biggest need, after that, DB.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Adoree is a bit raw at CB and relies on his athleticism too much at times. Some of that may be due to inconsistency in USC's coaching staff and some due to his focus on track last spring as he tried to make the Olympic team. I think he will improve as he gets solid coaching and practice time.

His slight frame could be a concern, though he's bigger than Nickell Robey-Coleman, and Nickell has done pretty well as a slot corner for Buffalo.

His value is as a matchup guy. He has good speed and field vision. He can be a terrific return man. And you could toss him in on offense for a few plays here or there—though I'm not sure most NFL coaches would do that.

I could see Pete maximizing Adoree's skills. Belichick too.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Kevin King is going to be a Seahawk IMO.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:Kevin King is going to be a Seahawk IMO.

I hope so but it's starting to look like he's a second round pick instead of a 3rd.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Kevin King is going to be a Seahawk IMO.

I hope so but it's starting to look like he's a second round pick instead of a 3rd.

Probably a first, now.
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• Largent80 wrote:Kevin King
    Tyus Bowser
    Shalom Luani

Pretty good speculation. Luani -- I'm not totally sold on. But certainly could see it.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Kevin King
    Tyus Bowser
    Shalom Luani

Pretty good speculation. Luani -- I'm not totally sold on. But certainly could see it.

I listed Luani as a late round prospect for safety. Draft is deep here and he posted the best 60 yard shuttle time, and the Hawks met with him.

Need's to shore up his tackling big time.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• After careful consideration Obi if there is the pick Pete can't hide his emotions this guy is special. King is option 2.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

• Jordan Willis
    George Kittle
    obi M
    Aviante Collins
    "I don't know much, but I imagine that stomping my way through a field of seven-year-olds is the closest I'll ever feel to being Marshawn Lynch. Despite being limited to ten rushes, Lynch mowed through defenders like Zach Efron running into a bachelorette party in Vegas." -@JacsonBevens
    titan3131
    NET Veteran

• titan3131 wrote:Jordan Willis
    Aviante Collins

I like these two. Also liked Daeshon Hall both from combine and from Senior Bowl practice. I also strangely liked Jermaine Eluemunor. Not anything with his testing (I don't see results from that so assume he didn't do them at the combine). But he did do drills, and was incredibly smooth. Reminded me of when I watched Okung at the combine. He's not Russell's caliber but he really moved well with quick feet and balance.

Have to wonder if he's maybe not a day 3 kind of option. I think we all expect Seattle to take an OL in this draft. But I don't see us taking one until at least end of R3. And it could be we punt to day three.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'll just hit on the first two rounds...

1st round: (LB) TJ Watt - Well I'm still on the TJ Watt band wagon and his combine performance solidified it for me. Watt proved to be a great athlete and he has an elite work ethic (which I have posted in prior mock drafts). IMO Watt could be a versatile LB/DE core player.

2nd round: (RB) Joe Mixon - Mixon is a big RB that has the size and athletic ability that the Seahawks love. He ran a 4.43 40-yard at his Pro Day. His off the field incident from his freshman year will be forgotten by mid-season of his rookie year.

cover-2
    NET Veteran

• I really like Watt, but I was hoping he'd be there in the 3rd round. His 40 time wasn't great, but the rest of his combine was really strong, in particular his time in the short shuttle. The knock on him seems to be that he doesn't project as an effective edge rusher in the pros. If we go for a SAM in the first round that guy needs to be able contribute in our nickel package - we don't need another Cassius Marsh. If he's there in the 2nd round I'd be pretty happy with him.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• 1st Round Ideas
    Tim Williams
    Budda Baker
    Garrett Bolles
    Obi Melifonwu (trade back candidate)
    Jabril Peppers

2nd Round
    Kevin King (Trade Up)
    Adoree Jackson (not prototypical Hawk CB but athleticism and potential are tantalizing)
    Zay Jones (I think I am the minority but I believe the Hawks need more talent at the receiver position)
    Malik McDowell
    Joe Mixon (JS loves his talented upside players)

3rd Round
    Cooper Kupp
    JuJu
    Evan Engram
    Justin Evans
    Charles Harris (probably won't drop this far)
    Duwaune Smoot
    Eddie Vanderdoes
    D'Ontae Foreman
    Bus035
    NET Bench Warmer

• TJ Lang out. Maybe Dan Feeney in the first round or Forest Lamp in the 2nd.
    Blaze808
    NET Bench Warmer

• With the insane amount of depth in the secondary of this draft and the lack of OL, I cant help but think we go pass rush. It is always on the list. Avril and Bennett aging and rushers cost keeps sky rocketing you really need to be ready and fresh.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'm really liking Peppers, Baker, and Obi. All tested well and would fill major needs.
    Peppers in the role we were hoping Browner would fill, Baker as a nickel/Thomas insurance, and Obi as a big corner/safety
    itsthehawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• I wouldn't be at all upset if we (very, high unlikely) draft Budda Baker, Kevin King and Sidney Jones (I know he's hurt but l hope he recovers).

I'm looking at the pros of this...our current superstars all pro trio are regarded as the best 3 in the NFL in large part of due to team chemistry and that unique bond they share.

What 3 players coming out of college are like this, already established, have played with each other and just look NFL ready?!

Sidney Jones, take a flyer on him, keep in mind, Seahawks have a great medical and training staff and Pete Carroll loves players that go thru adversity!

Budda Baker, Kevin King and Sidney Jones! These three should be the Seahawks future secondary!
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I wouldn't be at all upset if we (very, high unlikely) draft Budda Baker, Kevin King and Sidney Jones (I know he's hurt but l hope he recovers).

I'm looking at the pros of this...our current superstars all pro trio are regarded as the best 3 in the NFL in large part of due to team chemistry and that unique bond they share.

What 3 players coming out of college are like this, already established, have played with each other and just look NFL ready?!

Sidney Jones, take a flyer on him, keep in mind, Seahawks have a great medical and training staff and Pete Carroll loves players that go thru adversity!

Budda Baker, Kevin King and Sidney Jones! These three should be the Seahawks future secondary!

King and Baker are 1st round prospects and Jones will most likely still be drafted in the 2nd round. I just don't see any way of us getting all three.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:Shalom Luani working out with @Seahawks scout at WSU #ProDay

https://twitter.com/COUGFANcom/status/8 ... wsrc%5Etfw

I think we need to come out of this draft with another tone setter on defense, and Luani is definitely fits the bill.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• Jones may be a year and a half away if he doesn't re- tear somehow or try to use explosive moves before he has full flexibility and resilience from rehab, so many times they are on the verge and get a re-tear. If he can come back mid season or if lucky before he would be worth one of the third rounders. Teams shy away from injured guys and this year is a deep year for CB's so he may drop a lot.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• cover-2 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I wouldn't be at all upset if we (very, high unlikely) draft Budda Baker, Kevin King and Sidney Jones (I know he's hurt but l hope he recovers).

King and Baker are 1st round prospects and Jones will most likely still be drafted in the 2nd round. I just don't see any way of us getting all three.

I like the Seahawks chances of landing two of the three.

I don't see 3 UDub Huskies going in the first round.

Baker and King are options when the Hawks pick in the first two rounds, I'm sure.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie

• Would LOVE if we grabbed Obi Melifonwu at 26 and Kupp if he's there in the 3rd, and I may be biased, but Kupp will likely go in the 2nd, in-spite of his 40 time. Dude's proved it on the field at every opportunity.
    "You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• I like Tankersley a lot and think he is very Seahawky.
    penihawk
    NET Starter

• penihawk wrote:I like Tankersley a lot and think he is very Seahawky.

And he is kinda flying under the radar. I like the guy a lot as well, I wouldn't want to marry him though.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Lol! Not sure what that means but ya he isn't talked about as much as the other late 1st-2nd rd guys. I really like Connely as well but think he moves into the 1st before we pick.
    penihawk
    NET Starter

• penihawk wrote:Lol! Not sure what that means but ya he isn't talked about as much as the other late 1st-2nd rd guys. I really like Connely as well but think he moves into the 1st before we pick.

I was just being my usual goofball self.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I would of bet money a week ago we get King but I'm convinced he goes before we pick. I think we trade down and get Tankersley in the early 2nd.
    Adopt a Rookie: C.J. Prosise
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• Difficult to judge, seems guys we bring in are later targets if at all, also seems that our visits are misdirection's, many times, we may look at one player and draft another we never openly talked to at the combine, but had talked to in some other environment.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• austinslater25 wrote:I would of bet money a week ago we get King but I'm convinced he goes before we pick. I think we trade down and get Tankersley in the early 2nd.

Oh, this would be a-ok.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• X2! I think unless a player we are in love with falls to 26 trading out and adding a couple more picks and still getting 2 quality players in the first 60 drafted may be the best thing to do.
    penihawk
    NET Starter

• Largent80 wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:I would of bet money a week ago we get King but I'm convinced he goes before we pick. I think we trade down and get Tankersley in the early 2nd.

Oh, this would be a-ok.

Yeah I've warmed up to him. Seems like a Seahawk type of player. I say all of this to be completely shocked on draft day with who they pick. :shock:
    Adopt a Rookie: C.J. Prosise
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information