John Ross

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
John Ross
Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:40 am
  • Damn!!!!
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Re: John Ross
Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:41 am
  • Said he felt the cramping coming on before he started and ran anyway. Jesus....
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:42 am
  • You could see something was up halfway through his run too. Incredible.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:44 am
  • He started cramping up in his stance before he even started running but ran anyways and put up that 4.22!

Excited to see his 2nd run if he can run cramp free.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:49 am
  • The thing is, he's going to smoke every DB he faces and on top of that, he's a very, very natural football player and WR to boot.

He doesn't need to run again. Interesting that he wants to though and I think he wants to break 4.2.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:53 am
  • Sounds like he's not going to run again unfortunately. I don't think the 4.22 will hold officially. Looks like it will end up 4.26 or so when reviewed. Still super fast especially when cramping up.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:55 am
  • WOW! Too bad Browning had arm issues last year
    penihawk
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:55 am
  • DJrmb wrote:Sounds like he's not going to run again unfortunately.[color=#00FF00] I don't think the 4.22 will hold officially[/color]. Looks like it will end up 4.26 or so when reviewed. Still super fast especially when cramping up.

Yeah, still waiting for the "official" time.
    What takes so long?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Sounds like he's not going to run again unfortunately.[color=#00FF00] I don't think the 4.22 will hold officially[/color]. Looks like it will end up 4.26 or so when reviewed. Still super fast especially when cramping up.

What takes so long?

I believe they review each one on film to make sure the time it correct and there wasn't any issues with the equipment. Ross had quite a few guys before him so they have to review all those first and if something was off that they're having to adjust for on each guy that could explain the time it's taking.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:41 am
  • It's official! 4.22 for Ross. Officially fastest time ever in the electronic time era
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:43 am
  • If you watched his interview afterwards, Ross is clearly disappointed. Almost as if he knows he could have ran even faster than an unofficial 4.22. Even faster!!! My god!!! UW in the house!!!
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:45 am
  • Unfortunately as per John Clayton, he missed out on winning an Island for not wearing the right shoes... manufacturers shoes that is.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:23 am
  • This will come in really useful when the offensive coordinator calls for him to run a "Go" route with no intention of throwing him the ball.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 am
  • I want to know what he can run when he isn't cramping.

His main knock is that he is injury prone. Has already had two major injuries and will undergo shoulder surgery sometime after the combine.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:32 am
  • Kennedyin92 wrote:This will come in really useful when the offensive coordinator calls for him to run a "Go" route with no intention of throwing him the ball.

Yeah we would be a perfect place for him, could keep him as a slot guy running bubble screens and blocking.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:00 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Unfortunately as per John Clayton, he missed out on winning an Island for not wearing the right shoes... manufacturers shoes that is.

That was all a load of bollocks anyway. Was a joke of a PR stunt.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:19 pm
  • This is a guy that runs good routes,he is not just a straight line runner and returns kicks..I'm sure whoever gets him will be happy.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 pm
  • I would love to see a former UW player be an elite NFL player. I hope he gets drafted by a team that has an established QB. I pulling for him to get drafted by the Bengals. He could put up sick numbers playing opposite AJ Green.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:24 pm
  • I love the guy being a UW fan and all, but I think he'll have problems staying healthy at the NFL level.

Hope I'm wrong though.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I love the guy being a UW fan and all, but I think he'll have problems staying healthy at the NFL level.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Totally agree, I think he is too fragile and will be off the field more than he is on it.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:31 am
  • DJrmb wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Sounds like he's not going to run again unfortunately.[color=#00FF00] I don't think the 4.22 will hold officially[/color]. Looks like it will end up 4.26 or so when reviewed. Still super fast especially when cramping up.

What takes so long?

I believe they review each one on film to make sure the time it correct and there wasn't any issues with the equipment. Ross had quite a few guys before him so they have to review all those first and if something was off that they're having to adjust for on each guy that could explain the time it's taking.

I swear, there are a ton of dudes running 4.5 40s. The weird thing is, two dudes can run a 4.5, and one guy will look faster than the other to me. I keep thinking, there is no way that was 4.5, he seems way faster than the last guy.
    Alert The Legion.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:23 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:

What takes so long?

I swear, there are a ton of dudes running 4.5 40s. The weird thing is, two dudes can run a 4.5, and one guy will look faster than the other to me. I keep thinking, there is no way that was 4.5, he seems way faster than the last guy.

Might it just be one has longer legs and gets there just as fast with less leg movement since he is covering more ground?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:09 pm
  • Some people are smooth and efficient when they run and make it look effortless, you under estimate how fast they are moving, others have everything in motion when they are running and they are pumping arms and legs and their head is bobbing and stride is shorter. They look faster because of all they motion.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information