Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Cam Robinson at 26

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Cam Robinson at 26
Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:28 am
  • See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Re: Cam Robinson at 26
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 am
  • He sounds like their sort of lineman but I'm not sure how he would fit in given they just drafted a similar player in Ifedi last year. Playing them next to each other would be exciting in perhaps the wrong way. Perhaps Glow could swap sides and Ifedi will benefit from a full off-season of development? That's still a lot of inexperience to deal with at once.
    Last edited by AgentDib on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 am
  • Sadly I think we take him because we obviously don't need people who can already pass block since Cable is such a good teacher /s
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:54 am
  • Great, another project O-Lineman. If he fell like to the 3rd round then yeah, snag him.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:01 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Great, another project O-Lineman. If he fell like to the 3rd round then yeah, snag him.

Robinson is not a project. He is not perfect, but not a project. Is a nasty run blocker and handles bull rush with ease. He is also a pretty decent athlete. When they played Texas A&M and he went up against Myles Garrett, he completely shut him down and dominated him all game long. I get the stigma with Bama O-Lineman...but Robinson is far and away the best Tackle to come out of Bama since I have started following the draft intensely.

He would be in ideal RT, but he would be fine at LT as well I believe. I would be surprised if he lasted to 26 though.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:13 am
  • pcbball12 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Great, another project O-Lineman. If he fell like to the 3rd round then yeah, snag him.

Robinson is not a project. He is not perfect, but not a project. Is a nasty run blocker and handles bull rush with ease. He is also a pretty decent athlete. When they played Texas A&M and he went up against Myles Garrett, he completely shut him down and dominated him all game long. I get the stigma with Bama O-Lineman...but Robinson is far and away the best Tackle to come out of Bama since I have started following the draft intensely.

He would be in ideal RT, but he would be fine at LT as well I believe. I would be surprised if he lasted to 26 though.

I disagree. He doesn't have the quickness to be a tackle in the NFL. He moves slower than Ifedi. Mayock is sure he'll be a guard in the NFL. (Now I wouldn't be opposed to see him play guard and kicking Ifedi outside). He also had more penalties called against him in college than any other offensive lineman that was at this year's combine. That doesn't sound like a guy the Seahawks will target. If both Bolles and Robinson are available I bet they'd go Bolles without hesitation.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:45 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Great, another project O-Lineman. If he fell like to the 3rd round then yeah, snag him.

I disagree. He doesn't have the quickness to be a tackle in the NFL. He moves slower than Ifedi. Mayock is sure he'll be a guard in the NFL. (Now I wouldn't be opposed to see him play guard and kicking Ifedi outside). He also had more penalties called against him in college than any other offensive lineman that was at this year's combine. That doesn't sound like a guy the Seahawks will target. If both Bolles and Robinson are available I bet they'd go Bolles without hesitation.

Sorry, I disagree...which is fine. I think he is an ideal RT in the NFL. Feet are plenty good, handled Myles Garrett all game long...speed, power, everything. I never thought Ifedi should be a tackle in the NFL, his tape just was not good...technique was terrible. Robinson's tape is so much better than Ifedi's was.

Bolles is my LT1...so if they were both there (they won't be) I would go Bolles as well. But if we happened to land Robinson I would be plenty happy about it. Especially the idea of putting him on the right side next to Ifedi.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:55 pm
  • I'd be downright pissed if we took Robinson.

He's a RT only. If you are even considering Robinson, spend 9m+ for an average journeyman and use the pick for a real impact player. Robinson is a third round talent in the last 2 drafts at OT.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 am
  • If we can get the best CB at #26 it would be a better value.
    Marlon Humphries Alabama
    Sydney Jones Washington
    Teez Tabor Florida

A good LT could fall to the second round..
    if we have a line of 5th, 6th, 7th Rounders and UDFA (except Infedi and Britt) Why can't we do better with starters from other teams and our own higher picks?
    delagator7
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:07 am
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote: Robinson is a third round talent in the last 2 drafts at OT.

That is pretty much what I said. In this particular draft he will go higher.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:35 am
  • Think we can and should leave this draft with 2 playmakers on defense. The only OL prospect I see as a first rd player with a better than avg chance at being a great player is Forrest Lamp who is not a OT even though he could play any position on the line in a pinch. I pray they don't overdraft OL in this draft.
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:34 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote: Robinson is a third round talent in the last 2 drafts at OT.

That is pretty much what I said. In this particular draft he will go higher.

Yep. We totally agree. And you can't get 3rd round quality in a draft class that has upwards of 40+ guys that should have first round grades.

It'd basically be akin to trading a top 15 first round pick for a 3rd round pick.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 am
  • pcbball12 wrote:

This is how I see him. He's got plenty of athleticism naturally; I think I remember an opponent saying he's a good enough athlete to play defense. If he doesn't handle OT, it will be because he lacks the heart and discipline to take care of his body and put in the work on his technique, which makes him a risk in general terms. He's a top-5 talent, but an underacheiver.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 am
  • purpleneer wrote:This is how I see him. He's got plenty of athleticism naturally

He's a sub average talent athletically speaking. Athleticism is generally reflected in testing values at at a 35th percentile tester -- that's not naturally athletic.

Now he could be a good player. Even great player. Of course, he'd have to have amazing skills. I've not heard that about him. And his attitude and motivation have long been in question.

purpleneer wrote: He's a top-5 talent, but an underacheiver.

What's more likely. He's a remarkably unathletic and unmotivated player who benefited from preseason all american hype and is in fact a mid second round talent. And is desperately oversold by fans of a team that is equally desperate for us to add new faces to the OL.

Or a remarkably unathletic and underachieving talent but has a skill set that set him firmly as a top 5 overall talent.

Robinson may go in R1. The NFL is desperate for OTs. This class doesn't have a lot. So teams are either going to do without upgrades in the draft, or pick very average to below average athletes just to satiate acute need.

I'd just as soon we pass. Because if you take Robinson this year, you're going to be looking at OT next year too.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm
  • If Baker, King, or Peppers are still available. I'm gonna think JS/PC have lost the ability to draft players :P
    bandiger
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 pm
  • This draft screams DEFENSE, so go get it because ours needs depth and upgrading. SAM is a perfect place to grab a good player in this draft as is CB/Safety.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 am
  • OT Cam Robinson was worked out by four NFL offensive line coaches. He looked good in drills; I was told he left no doubt he can play left tackle in the NFL. Gil Brandt

comparing Cam Robinson to German Ifedi is like comparing a grizzly bear to a Brown bear...Robinson might be the steal of the draft if he falls to the Seahawks while Ifedi was a reach and not a #1 pick

what I love most about Robinson is his competitiveness/intelligence never bet against talented hard workers...
    poplarbluffman
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:31 am
  • I like robinson personally and think he would be great for the team. Hes a great runblocker nobody really debates that, his only issues come in pass pro and he has shown the ability to be able to pass protect even though he was very inconsistent with that from what i have heard about him. With them signing joekel it provides flexibity. You can move robinson in at LG and have him blocking for lacy and have joekel at LT. Or the other way around. If they have the chance and he falls to 26 i think they should take him he damn sure is better than fant.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:33 am
  • poplarbluffman wrote:OT Cam Robinson was worked out by four NFL offensive line coaches.

Out of 32 teams, why only 4 OL coaches?. To me that speaks volumes. Everyone knows O-Linemen are a hot commodity yet only 4 teams out of 32 sent coaches.

Pass on this dude.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 am
  • Pass, I agree. Watch his hand placement. Guy will be average at best.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:06 am
  • nwHawk wrote:Pass, I agree. Watch his hand placement. Guy will be average at best.

They could use "average" at LT trust me.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 pm
  • Comparing how quickly Fant got up to playing at an NFL level verus how much he's played prior, I'm confident we're about to experience an Antonio Gates type career at Left Tackle. I'll probably take heat for that comment, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking about his ceiling.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm
  • Sounds like the type of linemen they love. Draft as a tackle and cant play it so move to guard. We love guards.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:52 pm
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:
    purpleneer wrote:This is how I see him. He's got plenty of athleticism naturally

He's a sub average talent athletically speaking. Athleticism is generally reflected in testing values at at a 35th percentile tester -- that's not naturally athletic.

Now he could be a good player. Even great player. Of course, he'd have to have amazing skills. I've not heard that about him. And his attitude and motivation have long been in question.

purpleneer wrote: He's a top-5 talent, but an underacheiver.

What's more likely. He's a remarkably unathletic and unmotivated player who benefited from preseason all american hype and is in fact a mid second round talent. And is desperately oversold by fans of a team that is equally desperate for us to add new faces to the OL.

Or a remarkably unathletic and underachieving talent but has a skill set that set him firmly as a top 5 overall talent.

Robinson may go in R1. The NFL is desperate for OTs. This class doesn't have a lot. So teams are either going to do without upgrades in the draft, or pick very average to below average athletes just to satiate acute need.

I'd just as soon we pass. Because if you take Robinson this year, you're going to be looking at OT next year too.

I think his lack of drive and desire are enough to pass on him. But I'd say his poor testing numbers are more indicative of his lack of caring enough to develop for the testing than a true representation of what he could have done based on his genetics. Natural talent was enough for a super-high recruiting ranking and a job as a starting LT for Alabama from very early on. The All-American hype came from somewhere and it's not like Saban and his staff didn't have other options if the kid had neither talent nor motivation going for him.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:35 am
  • getnasty wrote:See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts

Nooooooooo!

We should set our sights on Forrest Lamp instead.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:41 am
  • xgeoff wrote:
    getnasty wrote:See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts

Nooooooooo!

Lamp isn't a tackle though, short arms, and I do not believe the Hawks will make an exception or draft a guard in round 1. Maybe they will get lucky and Ramczyk will drop, who would be a perfect fit at RT, otherwise I don't see them drafting oline in the first round for the second straight year.
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 am
  • naholmes wrote:
    xgeoff wrote:
    getnasty wrote:See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts

Nooooooooo!

Lamp isn't a tackle though, short arms, and I do not believe the Hawks will make an exception or draft a guard in round 1. Maybe they will get lucky and Ramczyk will drop, who would be a perfect fit at RT, otherwise I don't see them drafting oline in the first round for the second straight year.

Lamp played 4 years at LT in College. Even if he played G for us we could kick Ifedi to RT. This whole short arms thing seems like some more NFL nonsense. Just like saying Russell Wilson was too short or Doug Baldwin was too whatever. You either know how to block or you don't, regardless of your arm length.

Ifedi has long arms, look what that got us...
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:47 am
  • xgeoff wrote:
    naholmes wrote:
    xgeoff wrote:

Nooooooooo!

Lamp played 4 years at LT in College. Even if he played G for us we could kick Ifedi to RT. This whole short arms thing seems like some more NFL nonsense. Just like saying Russell Wilson was too short or Doug Baldwin was too whatever. You either know how to block or you don't, regardless of your arm length.

Ifedi has long arms, look what that got us...

Here is Lamp's Draft profile. They talk about him potentially lining up at T, G or C.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ ... id=2557890
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 am
  • I get your point but measurables are very important to the Seahawks and Lamp doesn't have all the measurables so I don't think they would pick him in the first round. I actually think they will wait on oline more than most think after multiple picks in previous years and the two FA acquisitions. While the oline is still I a major question I don't think investing high draft picks is likely to change that.
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:14 pm
  • naholmes wrote:I get your point but measurables are very important to the Seahawks and Lamp doesn't have all the measurables so I don't think they would pick him in the first round. I actually think they will wait on oline more than most think after multiple picks in previous years and the two FA acquisitions. While the oline is still I a major question I don't think investing high draft picks is likely to change that.

Yes, you're probably right in terms of the way the 'Hawks evaluate talent. I just like what I see in Lamp, and I don't like what I see in Robinson. It will be interesting to see which way they go. I don't feel like the FA's they have signed are going to help much. The Joeckel one is a real headscratcher. Not that he's not worth taking a chance on, just that his guaranteed money is so high.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:08 pm
  • Lamp will be LONG gone at our pick and Robinson would make me puke. I would rather have an impact CB or safety.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:11 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Lamp will be LONG gone at our pick and Robinson would make me puke. I would rather have an impact CB or safety.

Agreed. I'm just wondering about Lamp, though. I have seen a lot of mocks where he falls down to late in the 1st round or early in the 2nd. If that happened, I'd be ecstatic. If not, totally agree that we should go for the impact DB.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm
  • xgeoff wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Lamp will be LONG gone at our pick and Robinson would make me puke. I would rather have an impact CB or safety.

Agreed. I'm just wondering about Lamp, though. I have seen a lot of mocks where he falls down to late in the 1st round or early in the 2nd. If that happened, I'd be ecstatic. If not, totally agree that we should go for the impact DB.

I'm with ya.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:35 pm
  • xgeoff wrote:
    naholmes wrote:I get your point but measurables are very important to the Seahawks and Lamp doesn't have all the measurables so I don't think they would pick him in the first round. I actually think they will wait on oline more than most think after multiple picks in previous years and the two FA acquisitions. While the oline is still I a major question I don't think investing high draft picks is likely to change that.

Yes, you're probably right in terms of the way the 'Hawks evaluate talent. I just like what I see in Lamp, and I don't like what I see in Robinson. It will be interesting to see which way they go. I don't feel like the FA's they have signed are going to help much. The Joeckel one is a real headscratcher. Not that he's not worth taking a chance on, just that his guaranteed money is so high.

If Joeckel is healthy he's going to be starting, probably at tackle. I have to tell you I was also shocked at the money initially but it is for only 1 year. I think the signings are solid to provide a couple vets to push the young guys.
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:13 am
  • nwHawk wrote:Comparing how quickly Fant got up to playing at an NFL level verus how much he's played prior, I'm confident we're about to experience an Antonio Gates type career at Left Tackle. I'll probably take heat for that comment, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking about his ceiling.

I'm with you on this one. If Joekel can't beat him out at LT, then Fant's the man. We don't need an average to poor RG/RT playing LT, because Cam would be a really bad LT
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:Comparing how quickly Fant got up to playing at an NFL level verus how much he's played prior, I'm confident we're about to experience an Antonio Gates type career at Left Tackle. I'll probably take heat for that comment, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking about his ceiling.

I'm with you on this one. If Joekel can't beat him out at LT, then Fant's the man. We don't need an average to poor RG/RT playing LT, because Cam would be a really bad LT

Agreed. Hawk management has already said and showed they don't want to get younger on the OL. Bolles would have to fall all the way to #26 for the Hawks to seriously consider drafting an OL on the first 2 days. They also keep saying they want to add another veteran. In this draft picking an OL would seem like a huge waste of draft capital.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 am

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 am
  • Serious question. At 6'6" would RW be able to see over him? I don't think he would be a good fit inside.
    Zybot
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 am
  • Zybot wrote:Serious question. At 6'6" would RW be able to see over him? I don't think he would be a good fit inside.

He wouldn't be on the inside, he is a tackle. He can see over a guy that is 6'6 as well as he can see over a guy that is 6'3. He doesn't look over linemen, he looks through lanes. The same as Drew Brees. I think it was on Grudens QB camo, or something like that, Russ was talking about his line at Wisconsin. I can't remember exactly how tall it averaged, I think he said 6'6, but it was top five in height in all of NCAA.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information