Cam Robinson at 26

getnasty

Reaction score
See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts

AgentDib

Reaction score
He sounds like their sort of lineman but I'm not sure how he would fit in given they just drafted a similar player in Ifedi last year. Playing them next to each other would be exciting in perhaps the wrong way. Perhaps Glow could swap sides and Ifedi will benefit from a full off-season of development? That's still a lot of inexperience to deal with at once.

randomation

Reaction score
Sadly I think we take him because we obviously don't need people who can already pass block since Cable is such a good teacher /s

Largent80

Reaction score
Great, another project O-Lineman. If he fell like to the 3rd round then yeah, snag him.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Largent80":3o6gmtq5 said:
Great, another project O-Lineman. If he fell like to the 3rd round then yeah, snag him.
Robinson is not a project. He is not perfect, but not a project. Is a nasty run blocker and handles bull rush with ease. He is also a pretty decent athlete. When they played Texas A&M and he went up against Myles Garrett, he completely shut him down and dominated him all game long. I get the stigma with Bama O-Lineman...but Robinson is far and away the best Tackle to come out of Bama since I have started following the draft intensely.

He would be in ideal RT, but he would be fine at LT as well I believe. I would be surprised if he lasted to 26 though.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
pcbball12":1s1zcc7m said:
Largent80":1s1zcc7m said:
Robinson is not a project. He is not perfect, but not a project. Is a nasty run blocker and handles bull rush with ease. He is also a pretty decent athlete. When they played Texas A&M and he went up against Myles Garrett, he completely shut him down and dominated him all game long. I get the stigma with Bama O-Lineman...but Robinson is far and away the best Tackle to come out of Bama since I have started following the draft intensely.

He would be in ideal RT, but he would be fine at LT as well I believe. I would be surprised if he lasted to 26 though.

I disagree. He doesn't have the quickness to be a tackle in the NFL. He moves slower than Ifedi. Mayock is sure he'll be a guard in the NFL. (Now I wouldn't be opposed to see him play guard and kicking Ifedi outside). He also had more penalties called against him in college than any other offensive lineman that was at this year's combine. That doesn't sound like a guy the Seahawks will target. If both Bolles and Robinson are available I bet they'd go Bolles without hesitation.

pcbball12

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":26689an5 said:
pcbball12":26689an5 said:
Largent80":26689an5 said:

I disagree. He doesn't have the quickness to be a tackle in the NFL. He moves slower than Ifedi. Mayock is sure he'll be a guard in the NFL. (Now I wouldn't be opposed to see him play guard and kicking Ifedi outside). He also had more penalties called against him in college than any other offensive lineman that was at this year's combine. That doesn't sound like a guy the Seahawks will target. If both Bolles and Robinson are available I bet they'd go Bolles without hesitation.
Sorry, I disagree...which is fine. I think he is an ideal RT in the NFL. Feet are plenty good, handled Myles Garrett all game long...speed, power, everything. I never thought Ifedi should be a tackle in the NFL, his tape just was not good...technique was terrible. Robinson's tape is so much better than Ifedi's was.

Bolles is my LT1...so if they were both there (they won't be) I would go Bolles as well. But if we happened to land Robinson I would be plenty happy about it. Especially the idea of putting him on the right side next to Ifedi.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be downright pissed if we took Robinson.

He's a RT only. If you are even considering Robinson, spend 9m+ for an average journeyman and use the pick for a real impact player. Robinson is a third round talent in the last 2 drafts at OT.

delagator7

Reaction score
If we can get the best CB at #26 it would be a better value.
Marlon Humphries Alabama
Sydney Jones Washington
Teez Tabor Florida

A good LT could fall to the second round..
if we have a line of 5th, 6th, 7th Rounders and UDFA (except Infedi and Britt) Why can't we do better with starters from other teams and our own higher picks?

Largent80

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3kjechja said:
Robinson is a third round talent in the last 2 drafts at OT.

That is pretty much what I said. In this particular draft he will go higher.

penihawk

Reaction score
Think we can and should leave this draft with 2 playmakers on defense. The only OL prospect I see as a first rd player with a better than avg chance at being a great player is Forrest Lamp who is not a OT even though he could play any position on the line in a pinch. I pray they don't overdraft OL in this draft.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":112wv0js said:
Attyla the Hawk":112wv0js said:
Robinson is a third round talent in the last 2 drafts at OT.

That is pretty much what I said. In this particular draft he will go higher.

Yep. We totally agree. And you can't get 3rd round quality in a draft class that has upwards of 40+ guys that should have first round grades.

It'd basically be akin to trading a top 15 first round pick for a 3rd round pick.

purpleneer

Reaction score
pcbball12":3k2rlv84 said:
Largent80":3k2rlv84 said:
This is how I see him. He's got plenty of athleticism naturally; I think I remember an opponent saying he's a good enough athlete to play defense. If he doesn't handle OT, it will be because he lacks the heart and discipline to take care of his body and put in the work on his technique, which makes him a risk in general terms. He's a top-5 talent, but an underacheiver.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
purpleneer":1r66p4w9 said:
This is how I see him. He's got plenty of athleticism naturally

He's a sub average talent athletically speaking. Athleticism is generally reflected in testing values at at a 35th percentile tester -- that's not naturally athletic.

Now he could be a good player. Even great player. Of course, he'd have to have amazing skills. I've not heard that about him. And his attitude and motivation have long been in question.

purpleneer":1r66p4w9 said:
He's a top-5 talent, but an underacheiver.

What's more likely. He's a remarkably unathletic and unmotivated player who benefited from preseason all american hype and is in fact a mid second round talent. And is desperately oversold by fans of a team that is equally desperate for us to add new faces to the OL.

Or a remarkably unathletic and underachieving talent but has a skill set that set him firmly as a top 5 overall talent.

Robinson may go in R1. The NFL is desperate for OTs. This class doesn't have a lot. So teams are either going to do without upgrades in the draft, or pick very average to below average athletes just to satiate acute need.

I'd just as soon we pass. Because if you take Robinson this year, you're going to be looking at OT next year too.

bandiger

Reaction score
If Baker, King, or Peppers are still available. I'm gonna think JS/PC have lost the ability to draft players :p

Largent80

Reaction score
This draft screams DEFENSE, so go get it because ours needs depth and upgrading. SAM is a perfect place to grab a good player in this draft as is CB/Safety.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
They need to sign a starting tackle in fa, so bpa at 26 in my opinion.

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
OT Cam Robinson was worked out by four NFL offensive line coaches. He looked good in drills; I was told he left no doubt he can play left tackle in the NFL. Gil Brandt

comparing Cam Robinson to German Ifedi is like comparing a grizzly bear to a Brown bear...Robinson might be the steal of the draft if he falls to the Seahawks while Ifedi was a reach and not a #1 pick

what I love most about Robinson is his competitiveness/intelligence never bet against talented hard workers...

RussB

Reaction score
I like robinson personally and think he would be great for the team. Hes a great runblocker nobody really debates that, his only issues come in pass pro and he has shown the ability to be able to pass protect even though he was very inconsistent with that from what i have heard about him. With them signing joekel it provides flexibity. You can move robinson in at LG and have him blocking for lacy and have joekel at LT. Or the other way around. If they have the chance and he falls to 26 i think they should take him he damn sure is better than fant.

Largent80

Reaction score
poplarbluffman":2vq60tq1 said:
OT Cam Robinson was worked out by four NFL offensive line coaches.

Out of 32 teams, why only 4 OL coaches?. To me that speaks volumes. Everyone knows O-Linemen are a hot commodity yet only 4 teams out of 32 sent coaches.

Pass on this dude.