Poor performances from top rb prospects

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
So it appears that the top guys had poor results at the combine. Cook tested poorly all day, Fournette had mixed reviews, and quit early. Perine had a so so day as well. Foreman, the same story. Sounds like kamara and McCaffrey were the studs of the day.

Knowing that teams seem to put way too much stock in combine results, there is a chance, though slight, that cook and or Fournette could fall to the Hawks. This would be awesome. I know what I have watched of these dudes over the years, the film doesn't lie.

If one of them fall to say twenty, do you all think it would be worth a trade up? And if so, what do you think the Hawks would have to give up in order to trade?

chris98251

Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of players that fall that you don't expect to with a loaded draft class, RB is not going to be the top of the heap, pass rushers, QB and CB's will take a lot of spots. Someone is going to drop to the second round expected to go in the first. Also with so many D lineman getting good reviews there may be a run there as well. It will be interesting, a lot of poker going to be played by GM's.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This could be one of those years where you get a good return on a late 1st rounder if we decide to trade back.

Tical21

Reaction score
**COUGH** Joe Williams went 4.41 **COUGH**

I think this is actually the year to trade up, not back. There is very deep top-end talent in this draft. One of those top corners or LB's could be worth it. They can't all go in the top-20.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There's no way on Earth that Fournette or Cook drop to 26.

chris98251

Reaction score
There are 25 teams ahead of us, there are a lot of backs available, with poor combine showing and the history of the draft in the last ten years they may have just all lost a round and moved to the end of the first and or second. Teams will look at CB'S, pass rush DE's, QB's WR's and desperate teams the few O lineman that are rated decent, that and 25 teams ahead of us don't need a RB and a primary need as well.

A lot of players are going to slip as GM's play liars Poker for a few weeks now.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Tical21":2rt8s8vp said:

I think this is actually the year to trade up, not back. There is very deep top-end talent in this draft. One of those top corners or LB's could be worth it. They can't all go in the top-20.

I agree. I really would like them to make a splash and get a blue chip player. If not by trading up in the draft, then by trading for an all pro potential tackle. Having three third rounders gives them a lot of options on what to do. Really, they could both trade up in the first, and still turn a third into a couple more picks.

If they were to trade up and not select cook or Fournette, I really like latavius Murray from the raiders. I think they way underutilized this dude. So I could see them trading up for bolles or a cb and signing him. I don't think trading up for a linebacker is a good idea though. They have Bobby and kj, and they are in nickle way too much to justify trading up to draft someone that high to replace Morgan. I want them to trade for Thomas, or sign whitworth or reiff on the o line. So to me, it's trade up for cook or Fournette. It would have to be a Marcus Peters-like cb, but if one is there, that would be a great addition too. The only other person, might be mike Williams. They say this dude is a game changer at wr.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would be shocked if JS moves up in the first round. But, not overly surprised either.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I don't really feel like RB is a strong enough need, with Rawls and the big investment made on RBs in last year's draft. We have plenty of talent on board already with Rawls, Procise, Collins, and Pope. It's a deep RB draft and I can see taking one in the 3rd round (would love to get Perine, particularly for goal line and short yardage situations), but I'd much rather replenish the the talent on the other side of the ball rather than giving up picks to move up for a RB, especially since all of the backs available have significant flaws.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks can get a RB in the 3rd or 4th. I'd be shocked if they drafted one earlier than that.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":g5jdgfnd said:
Tical21":g5jdgfnd said:

I agree. I really would like them to make a splash and get a blue chip player. If not by trading up in the draft, then by trading for an all pro potential tackle. Having three third rounders gives them a lot of options on what to do. Really, they could both trade up in the first, and still turn a third into a couple more picks.

If they were to trade up and not select cook or Fournette, I really like latavius Murray from the raiders. I think they way underutilized this dude. So I could see them trading up for bolles or a cb and signing him. I don't think trading up for a linebacker is a good idea though. They have Bobby and kj, and they are in nickle way too much to justify trading up to draft someone that high to replace Morgan. I want them to trade for Thomas, or sign whitworth or reiff on the o line. So to me, it's trade up for cook or Fournette. It would have to be a Marcus Peters-like cb, but if one is there, that would be a great addition too. The only other person, might be mike Williams. They say this dude is a game changer at wr.
I don't think they can get anywhere close to Williams unfortunately. Normally, I would agree with your LB take, except Pete has mentioned that as an area of need a few times and Hassan Reddick makes me salivate.

I wanted to like Murray, but I don't, after watching tape. One of the best lines in the league and can't average 4 ypc. He's just a guy. He would never get out of our backfield.

Tical21

Reaction score
A-Dog":1sj0muom said:
I don't really feel like RB is a strong enough need, with Rawls and the big investment made on RBs in last year's draft. We have plenty of talent on board already with Rawls, Procise, Collins, and Pope. It's a deep RB draft and I can see taking one in the 3rd round (would love to get Perine, particularly for goal line and short yardage situations), but I'd much rather replenish the the talent on the other side of the ball rather than giving up picks to move up for a RB, especially since all of the backs available have significant flaws.
I don't love the backs on the high end either, but remember we don't want an adequate running game, we need an elite running game. We need an elite back. Gotta get one somehow, period. We saw how much we struggled without one. Fixing the running game, while the biggest emphasis is on the line rather than the back, has to be priority 1 this offseason.

Largent80

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":mvvnvg8q said:
Largent80":mvvnvg8q said:
I would be shocked if JS moves up in the first round. But, not overly surprised either.

Aren't those two statements mutually exclusive? What do you think shocked means? I think overly surprised would be a good definition. :irishdrinkers:

Well well, mr Vendetta is here picking on me again. This, after saying in a PM that he is sorry he offended me and I attacked him. Find something else to do little boy. Add something to a thread for once.

Largent80

Reaction score
I for one would LOVE Mixon.

He messed up. He's been good since. Get his ass in here (won't happen though).

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Largent80":2wcww8pu said:
I for one would LOVE Mixon.

He messed up. He's been good since. Get his ass in here (won't happen though).

THIS. Someone is going to draft Mixon. And, probably higher than most folks expect. We should grab him.