Just draft Kevin King in the 1st

CPHawk

Reaction score
If not him, the kid from Utah looked really good also. 6'3 and ran a 4.43.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Either would be just fine. Both are elite athletes with size.

Melifonwu (?sp) has exceptional size and explosive athleticism and King has exceptional size but off the charts short area quickness. Frankly I'd like tham both . Melifonwu as a SS/OLB/Bandit type, and King as a CB. Paired with Sherm I suspect he could be special.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not interested.

Budda Baker is like Earl
Sidney Jones is the #1 CB ball skill like Sherm
King is closer to Tharold Simon or Jeremy Lane than Sherman

Not sure I'm buying the King hype, he might not hold up size wise. In the 3rd or 4th round I'd be interested.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ive seen a few mock drafts post combine and most have Baker and King being picked within 4 picks of each other. With King's combine, I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken a bit earlier than expected.

A question to ponder is, if King is gone and Baker is available do you take him?

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah if we want him we might have to take him in the first. So many corners that look good this year, I hope we can trade back and snag still snag a good corner and pick up additional picks.

endzorn

Reaction score
His tape had him between the late second and late third on most extended mocks and evaluations. If his combine numbers push him into the first i hope it isn't to us. The combine proved he's a dude in panties and a halter-top, but I'm not convinced he's first round material.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't think he's first round material either but he sure fits the mold of what we're looking for.

getnasty

Reaction score
Wow didn't realize he had the best 3 cone time of all the corners too.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
getnasty":ywnzjpha said:
Wow didn't realize he had the best 3 cone time of all the corners too.
Best 3 cone drill of anyone at the combine

hburn21

Reaction score
King tested out as the most athletic DB at the combine, placing himself in the 99th percentile of all DB's in the NFL

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
Drafting a measurables/combine guy is never a good idea. Not saying that he can't become elite but from game tape mocks had him going 3rd/4th round. Him and Obi look like they are getting that Byron Jones treatment lol

Tical21

Reaction score
He's not a first round talent. He's just too passive of a player. That said, I think he's a better fit for us than anywhere else because of the length and speed, and because he played almost exclusively at RCB. Almost any other corner we would take has played primarily LCB in college.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm totally on board with King and have seen a few sites list him in the first or early 2nd round. Watching him all year that seems about right although I'm a Husky homer so maybe I'm off base?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My dream draft starts with Buddha Baker in the 1st and Kevin King in the 2nd.

However, if I'm Schnieder and could only pick one at #26, knowing the other will be gone, I'm going with Baker.

Earl Thomas is irreplaceable, yet Buddha Baker has the ability to be that type all around rangy defensive field general especially given time to develop. Earl has already taken Baker under his wing, so I see zero issues with Earl mentoring Baker as his heir apparent.

However, what I love about Baker isn't his future at FS but he can come in and compete at NCB and put pressure on Lane. And be more of a Mathieu type DB for the Seahawks early on, then possibly getting handed the torch later at FS.

With that said, let's say the Seahawks also do love King, that they feel he's a great fit and they can coach him up. You can coach up tackling, run fits, technique, agressiveness but you can't coach length and athleticism. And King is elite in both, with the Seahawks track record, I think in the least King can be a solid all-around CB. At best, he could be developed into a shutdown corner. In terms of making plays on the ball rather than the WR, and his recovery quickness, he reminds me a lot of Richard Sherman. There is a lot to like about King, I think he can be an immediate starter at RCB, and I think his ceiling of potential is high with the right coaching.

So, if King is available early to early-mid 2nd round and price is the Seahawks 2018 First-Rounder. I would pull the trigger. I wouldn't mind one bit at the cost.

Secondary is one of the biggest opportunities, I think it needs a shake-up, it needs depth, not buoyed by developmental hopefuls, but immediate talent that compete and contribute right away.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
JumpmanXhawk":q4qgpfn8 said:
Drafting a measurables/combine guy is never a good idea.

You're joking right?

This entire roster is built on measurables guys. All the way through rounds 1 through 8. Every year. Schneider comes from the Wolf tree of GMs, who came from Al Davis. It's the absolute foundation of our player acquisition model. If there were three rules regarding who to draft, rule one would be take elite athletes. Two and three would be refer to rule one.

The only one I can remember that was taken or even signed as a FA that wasn't was Joey Hunt last year.

Obviously there is more to it than just testing. But if you aren't either athletic or have a unique physical profile, you aren't getting drafted by Seattle at any point in the process. Not even in UDFA.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
At this point I'd be more surprised if he's not our 1st round pick than anything else this offseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aaron Curry had measurable also, you have to have the heart to go with it, you also can teach all the technique you want, you have to have the desire to make contact, you can't teach that either.