Draft gain for trading back

HawkGA

Reaction score
Pretty sure I asked this question last year and somebody answered it, so I figure I'll ask it again. In a trade back scenario for the Hawks in the first round, what is their likely compensation? Is there a good website for lazy people like me to look this up?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
There's eleven 3rd round comp picks this year that are all tradeable and there are more in later round as well so the table need some tweaking but it can still be a pretty good guide.

purpleneer

Reaction score
I saw one on drafttek with everything, and even lets you highlight all of a team's picks.
It is good to remember that all of the values are flexible and can go either way according to each team's assessments.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I would NOT be surprised to see Pete/JC combine a 3rd round pick with our #26 and move up a couple spaces to pick their guy- to get one of the tackles they need. Then do the very same thing with another 3rd round pick to move up high enough in the 2nd to get Budda baker

Just my guess

M.M.

sutz

Reaction score
Marlin Man":13rd5gxc said:
I would NOT be surprised to see Pete/JC combine a 3rd round pick with our #26 and move up a couple spaces to pick their guy- to get one of the tackles they need. Then do the very same thing with another 3rd round pick to move up high enough in the 2nd to get Budda baker

Just my guess

M.M.
Doubtful to me that they would use both to move up. I suspect they'll use at least one of the extra 3rds to pick up a 4/5th round pick. We have nothing there now.
;)

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
[tweet][/tweet]
purpleneer":29l41myi said:
It is good to remember that all of the values are flexible and can go either way according to each team's assessments.

Absolutely. Plus it seems like JS has a tendency to get taken on trade, at least per the value chart (maybe that's more perception than reality). Still, good to have an idea. Around this time of year you often see people throw out the "trade back and pick up an extra second or third round pick" but the reality is they would probably have to move back pretty far to get such compensation.