Casserly mock 2.0: Trades of Cousins, Cooks shake up draft

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Casserly could be on the money on these trade scenarios

Casserly mock 2.0: Trades of Cousins, Cooks shake up draft

With the NFL Scouting Combine in the rearview mirror, teams will be reevaluating their board in the weeks to come based on on-field results and what they learned about prospects in medical exams and interviews. Free agency, which begins Thursday, also has the potential to shake up the outlook for Round 1 as teams' areas of need change based on signings and departures.

Here's my latest take on how Round 1 could play out after the dust settles following the flurry of player movement to come.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-up-draft

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I like Williams but I would seriously be disappointed if the draft went down that way. Every player I want the team to target is gone way early.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The more I read, the more I'm not sure who I want. I love Buffs DBs, and Florida Safety as well as DB.

I used to want a pass coverage LB at 26, but I think DB is a bigger need.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Casserly MOCKS us taking Tim Williams while T.J. Watt & Jabrill Peppers are still on the board?
While I do agree that we need to do something about developing a better Pass Rush, I'm thinking that J. Peppers would make a lot more sense in bolstering our Secondary, particularly the Corner as a more immediate position of need.

HawkGA

Reaction score
As a Bama fan, I'd love to see them pick a Bama player. That said, OLB just doesn't seem like a position of pressing need at this point. Not, that is, compared to some of the other areas. I'd love to see a disruptive DT, CB, or safety (not in that particular order). Hawks have 2 good-to-great linebackers. Trying to get a 3rd just feels greedy when there are other positions that need some love.