First-round prospect Sidney Jones injured at Washington Pro 

Seymour

Reaction score
I was just about to post this....potentially freakin sad news for this kid.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/840655632340475904[/tweet]

Blaze808

Reaction score
Jalen Smith still went in the 2nd, but he was a once in a generation type of player. SJ will probably drop to the 4th or go UDFA. Hopefully we'll spend one of our 3rds on a 1st round talent in the near future

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hopefully its just bad enough to drop him to our 2nd round pick. Sucks for the kid. He was a pretty unheralded recruit coming out of high school (he was ranked as the 1,880th best player in his class) and turned himself into a first round pick.

danbogart

Reaction score
They are saying torn achilles. So bummed for the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSeahawks

Reaction score
danbogart":pz73od0w said:

That sucks. Hopefully he had insurance on himself. I know Ifo Ekpre Olomu a few years ago was able to cash in a $3 million insurance claim when he fell from the first to the 7th round a few years ago due to injury.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
danbogart":1z86qajr said:

He can come back but will probably miss a year, I would like a flyer draft pick on him like we did Thurmond.

penihawk

Reaction score
That sucks for him. I would be on board with taking him and redshirting for a year in the right spot.

sutz

Reaction score
penihawk":ryrox6a5 said:
That sucks for him. I would be on board with taking him and redshirting for a year in the right spot.
4/5 years of availability vs. a late round pick?

Sounds like a risk worth taking. These kinds of injuries are no longer the guaranteed career-ender they used to be. We might still get 3-4 years out of him after rehab.

Only down side is we don't have a lot of late round picks. That's why I suspect we'll trade at least one of those thirds for more picks on day 3. This could be a good place to use one.

randomation

Reaction score
tbh I'd be fine with taking him in the second depending on who is available at our pick he is probably the second best corner in the draft if he comes back healthy. If not the second we have 3 picks in the third where he could really be a steal.

CPHawk

Reaction score
A torn Achilles is not easy to come back from. I tore mine years ago, and it's started hurting again this year. It will never be the same for him, and when he gets older it will bother him most days. That said, I hope he comes back 100%.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
CPHawk":14hf0mn6 said:
A torn Achilles is not easy to come back from. I tore mine years ago, and it's started hurting again this year. It will never be the same for him, and when he gets older it will bother him most days. That said, I hope he comes back 100%.

The year you did it and the care your received has a lot to do with it, now days and with the staff he would have to help him the difference is like going to a hospital versus a veterinarian clinic for us for a broken leg, both places can fix it, but your care level and ability to ease you thru and help redevelop it is a lot different.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I sure hope they can use one of our 3rd round picks and take a chance with him.. Been watching him for a few years and in my opinion he would reallt fit in with The Legion