How good a chance to hawks have of drafting a top lineman?

RussB

Reaction score
Im talking about Cam Robinson, Garret Boles, Ryan Ramzyk. What are the chances one of them fall to us? Or will they for sure be gone by the time seahawks number is called? I think the draft and trades is the last chance at a good tackle.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2lgx48mt said:
I sure hope we don't take Robinson. He is not going to do well in the NFL.
Why do you say that? I watched film on him and watched him play a little and he looks like a freak athlete reminds me a little of tyron smith. I think with some good coaching and fine tuning to his game he could be a monster tackle.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Better now than it was, thanks to other teams grabbing up every OL in free agency.

But I doubt any of them fall to us, even so.

drrew

Reaction score
Forrest Lamp will be the best OL to come out of this draft.

I'd take him and push Ifedi out to RT, but I also think Lamp could play RT even with the less than ideal arm length for an NFL RT.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
RussB":29ab5c20 said:
FlyingGreg":29ab5c20 said:
I sure hope we don't take Robinson. He is not going to do well in the NFL.
Why do you say that? I watched film on him and watched him play a little and he looks like a freak athlete reminds me a little of tyron smith.

Cam Robinson is a very below NFL average OL (no distinction between OG, OC and OT). He isn't even remotely close to a freak athlete. As far as tackles go, he's quite bad.

Other than 40 time, Robinson's testing was inferior to James Carpenter. Robinson didn't participate in the bench. All other test

If you wanted to extoll other virtues, that'd be fine. But in terms of physical athlete, he's absolutely and empirically poor.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":gbooce75 said:
There is talk of 15 CB/S getting drafted in round 1.

Add three RB's possibly and that's not including WR's and two or three QB's

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
My take: there are only three top tier offensive linemen in this draft. Ramczyk, Bolles and Lamp. I do not include Cam Robinson because of the number of penalties he gets and issues he has with athletic defensive ends that line up against him. Looks like Bradley Sowell against speed rushers.

I think that Ramczyk will be gone. I'd be shocked if he is still there. Two weeks ago I'd have thought we'd have a 50 percent shot at Bolles, but his performance at the combine probably lowers that a fair amount. I think Lamp is the guy most likely to be available. He has really high grades from some, and low grades from some. If he's there I think it's worth using that first round pick on him. I'd say a definite yes on either of the other two.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
I think with some of the OL signings in FA hawks have a much bigger chance at guys like bolles ramzyk now. If you look at the order of the draft there are only about 3 teams that need a tackle as bad as the seahawks.

Denver
Colts
Maybe houston or jags

I seriously think bolles or ramzyk will fall to the seahawks. Maybe thats just wishul thinking though well see.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
For all you bashing robinson here is some film on him and an analysis of his talents, i think hes a great run blocker and can be solid pass blocker in the nfl with good coaching. I think he did pretty solid against myles garrett who is the best pass rusher in the draft.
[youtube]s1Dz6-Xs0Y0[/youtube]

Blaze808

Reaction score
Cam, Ryan, Forrest and Garett graded better than Ifedi. I say it's a pretty good chance.

titan3131

Reaction score
No chance. If you chose to believe the same experts that said Russell Wilson was only a backup that think the top 3 olinemen will drop to us then go nuts.

Okay 1/10

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My sense is we could be surprised at who is available @ 26.

I suspect Lamp and Ramcyzk will both be gone before Seattle picks but there may just be a reasonable shot at Bolles who is presently ranked 26 OA by Scout.com.

Bolles has less experience than the others and while physically talented is pretty raw as an OT.

chris98251

Reaction score
Chance versus actually do if they are there.

I say not even if one of the three are there will we go O line first round.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You could be dead right, but the tenor of the thread was how good a a chance is ther to draft a top OLineman.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Combine SPARQ as percentile of NFL players:
Bolles - 73rd percentile
Moton - 54th percentile
Dawkins - 43rd percentile
Holden - 39th percentile
Robinson - 35th percentile
Ramcyzyk - N/A (hip surgey)

One hypothesis is that the run on OT FA we saw was because a lot of teams are not very enthused about this class. I don't know that they're going to get picked early "just because" with all the good defensive talent and skill position talent available. Are teams sold that Cam Robinson is worth 50x the draft capital that Aviante Collins is?

CPHawk

Reaction score
At the combine Pete checks him out like most guys check out a hot girl, so I'd say it's a good chance the Hawks have their eye on him.