Reaction score
1 Garrett Bolles-Left Tackle, Utah
2 Kevin King-CB, Washngton
3 Daeshon Hall-DE, Texas A&M
3 Vincent Taylor-DT, Oklahoma St.
3 Montae Nicholason-S, Michigan St.
6 Jordan Evans-LB, Oklahoma
7 Brandon Facyson-CB, Virginia Tech

Probably need another OL but here's what I came up with.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't really think we need another OL. Joeckel, Oday, and a first round pick is a pretty damn good off season for the line. I'd rather the rest of the draft be spent refueling the defense, as it is here.

Nice mock draft. I'd like a running back somewhere, but overall very nice.

Josea16

Reaction score
getnasty":25mji3k5 said:

Like Maelstrom said replace Bolles (who we will never have a shot at anyway) with Mixon then we are cooking with oil.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Josea16":3velbj96 said:
getnasty":3velbj96 said:

Like Maelstrom said replace Bolles (who we will never have a shot at anyway) with Mixon then we are cooking with oil.

Well, when I said we don't need another OL, I was speaking in the theoretical context of this mock being a reality. I'd also love to add a talented back somewhere in the draft.

Agree to disagree here, but Mixon is off my board.

penihawk

Reaction score
I could live with it but I really want an OLB added and I kinda see Bolles as Jason Spriggs 2.0. Athletic but lean and not a surefire LT imo. If we do draft him, I hope I'm wrong about that.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Good list of prospects, it'd be amazing . . .

but Bolles will go in the top-12. Look at the FA market for FA lineman this year. I can't imagine 25 teams will pass up the chance at having a solid left tackle under contract for five years at a comparatively bargain-basement rate.

Unless the Hawks trade up, which would cost most of the rest of their draft, and they've never done in the first round under P&S, it's an impossibility.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
nanomoz":368sz614 said:
Good list of prospects, it'd be amazing . . .

but Bolles will go in the top-12. Look at the FA market for FA lineman this year. I can't imagine 25 teams will pass up the chance at having a solid left tackle under contract for five years at a comparatively bargain-basement rate.

Unless the Hawks trade up, which would cost most of the rest of their draft, and they've never done in the first round under P&S, it's an impossibility.

I agree and that's why I say best case scenario. My hope is Cam Robinson and Ramczyk go ahead of Bolies and he falls to us. I also feel like King goes ahead of us in the 2nd round.

bighawk

Reaction score
This will be a defensive draft. Obi, King, would be sweet.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I like your mock. I dont think we will be lucky enough for it to fall that way. If Bolles was there we would be nuts not to take him.

I don't see how signing Joekel to a one year deal and another castoff means we are good to go on the offensive line.

CPHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":9kw45nkw said:

Pretty much follows what walterfootball mock has us taking.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
That's funny it's almost identical to his and I usually keep up on his. I like that he has the TE from Ashland in the 4th. Hearing a lot of good things about him.

cover-2

Reaction score
What's does your worst case scenario look like? I'm saying prospects that fit the Seahawks measurable for their position, but come draft day could be seen as reaches from the outside media.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
cover-2":1e579bud said:
What's does your worst case scenario look like? I'm saying prospects that fit the Seahawks measurable for their position, but come draft day could be seen as reaches from the outside media.

I think it would look very similar, just skip Bolles in the first and bump everyone up 1 round. Then probably replace Bolles with a end of 3rd round prospect.

1 Kevin King-CB, Washngton
2 Daeshon Hall-DE, Texas A&M
3 Julie'n Davenport-OT, Bucknell

Subzero717

Reaction score
cover-2":2jnxgm0t said:

Did you forget your sarcasm thingy? Why would we care what outside media thinks?

cover-2

Reaction score
getnasty":38m80w7x said:
cover-2":38m80w7x said:

I think it would look very similar, just skip Bolles in the first and bump everyone up 1 round. Then probably replace Bolles with a end of 3rd round prospect.

I like that you loaded up on the defensive side of the ball. I would be hella happy with King and Hall with our first two picks. I'll have to go back and have a look at Davenport. I was intrigued with him earlier, but I cooled off on him.

cover-2

Reaction score
Subzero717":s3wdybrk said:
cover-2":s3wdybrk said:

Did you forget your sarcasm thingy? Why would we care what outside media thinks?

What? :|

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
cover-2":1mtolay4 said:
getnasty":1mtolay4 said:
cover-2":1mtolay4 said:

I like that you loaded up on the defensive side of the ball. I would be hella happy with King and Hall with our first two picks. I'll have to go back and have a look at Davenport. I was intrigued with him earlier, but I cooled off on him.

I think King and Hall would be picks people will say we reached a bit for but certainly seems like Seahawk type guys. Davenport seems like a high upside guy that could compete for the RT job his rookie year and probably drive us crazy if he wins it.