The trade Sherman mock draft

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The trade Sherman mock draft
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 pm
  • Trading Richard Sherman is highly unlikely, but here is a trade that is a win/win for both teams. The Tennessee Titans have two picks in the 1st round, the #5 and #18 picks. The Titans had one of the worst passing defense last year and CB is one of their most pressing needs. They signed Ryan Logan in free agency, but he is not a upper echelon NFL CB.

TRADE:
    Titans trade their 1st round pick #5 to the Seahawks.
    Seahawks trade Richard Sherman and their 1st round pick #26 to the Titans.

Why this trade makes sense for the Seahawks. At face value this may seem like the Seahawks are on the short end of this trade because they still only have one 1st round pick. Here is my logic, lets say the Seahawks tried to trade up from #26 to #5. Going off the Trade Value Chart, it would take pick #26 and pick #16 to move up to pick #5. So, we obviously don't have the #16 pick, but Sherman equates to pick #16. Or another way to look at the trade, is that we get the 1st round #16 pick for Sherman. John Schneider could trade down from pick #5 to acquire more picks or stay put. I don't want to get too trade happy for this mock, so I'll have us staying at #5.

Why this trade makes sense for the Titans. The Titans get a proven elite CB and yet still have two 1st round picks. With picks #18 and #26 they would still get great value for their top needs, which are WR, TE, or LB.

Okay now to the Seahawks mock draft...

1st round pick #5 (from Titans) - (RB) Leonard Fournette 6-0 240 lbs, LSU: IMO Fournette is the best RB to come out of college since Adrian Peterson. He is the Seahawks prototype RB and if he is still there at pick #5 then he would be too hard for them to pass up.

2nd round pick - (CB) Ahkello Witherspoon 6-3 198 lbs, Colorado: Witherspoon or Kevin King are a must get for me in the draft. Witherspoon has the size, length, ball skill, and athleticism that screams Seahawks CB.

3rd round pick - (FS) Marcus Williams 6-1 202 lbs, Utah: Williams is a athletic, ball hawking FS. Last year our defense took a nose dive when Earl Thomas was lost for the season. Williams is a single high FS and could compete for some playing time at CB. Williams is insurance if Earl Thomas decides to retire from football in a year or two.

3rd round pick (comp) - (OG) Isaac Asiata 6-3 323 lbs, Utah: Asiata plays with a mean streak and he plays to the echo of the whistle, which is what I love in o-lineman. Asiata looks more athletic on tape than he tested at the combine. Asiata on tape looks more athletic and nimble than the higher rated o-lineman Taylor Moton. While Moton tested better at the combine, its Asiata that proves, on tape, that he is the better athlete.

Here is some tape of Asiata vs BYU.
    https://youtu.be/IRmhZ-foaqg

3rd round pick (comp) - (LB) Vince Biegel 6-3 246 lbs, Wisconsin: Biegel is a run stopping, high motor SLB. Biegel also bring some pass rush ability coming from the SLB position. Coach Carrol prefers size and length at the LB position and Biegel has that.

6th round pick - (WR) Robert Davis 6-3 219 lbs, Georgia St: Davis is a raw prospect that has size and great athletic ability to intrigue the Seahawks. Davis at his size ran a 4.44 40-yard dash, had a 41 inch vertical jump, and had a 136 inch broad jump. He doesn't look to have good initial quickness off the line, but then again we are talking about 6th round WR's.

7th round pick - (DE/DT) Caleb Kidder 6-5 269 lbs, Montana: Kidder was recently worked out by the Seahawks at his Pro Day.

cover-2
    NET Veteran

Re: The trade Sherman mock draft
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:04 am
  • I like the players you selected but I'm wondering who else is gonna play corner next year? I'm thinking we need to draft 2 early even with a healthy Sherman.
    penihawk
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am
  • Sherman AND 26 for 5?! Terrible...
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:40 am
  • Should that trade happen, I expect we'd move back to #10 or #11. Perhaps package #5 and a third for #10 and #42. May give us a shot at a quality secondary player in the second round. Or give us the ability to even move up more aggressively and get 2 quality secondary players in R2.

And with the #10ish pick, take Bolles.

Fournette would be a big ticket item. I'm not convinced we could give up the potential quality by moving down just enough to still secure a very good player at our position of greatest need (OT).

Giving up Sherman has to result in a big upgrade in two places. Because we'd be giving up an All Pro and a first round quality player at #26. This isn't like the last three drafts where there weren't enough 1st round grade talents to reach our pick.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 am
  • Rather have Mike Williams at 5 than Fournette
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am
  • I like several of your picks, but but I agree with the previous posters.

If they wanted to swap Sherman and our #26 of their 5 and #18 I'm interested. But, we'd still be robbing Peter to pay Paul, however the cap would be in great shape moving forward. Still would need to draft 2 corners this year to contribute right away. Heck, I'm not sure I would really do it.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Sherman AND 26 for 5?! Terrible...

:ditto:

Not to mention, why take Fournette when you just signed Lacy? Granted he is no long term lock, but burning the #5 pick is more than a reach for him.
    Formula for success: Rise early, Work hard, repeat.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:28 pm
  • not a fan of picking Fournette. I am curious who do you have off the board 1-4 in this scenario?
    "I don't know much, but I imagine that stomping my way through a field of seven-year-olds is the closest I'll ever feel to being Marshawn Lynch. Despite being limited to ten rushes, Lynch mowed through defenders like Zach Efron running into a bachelorette party in Vegas." -@JacsonBevens
    titan3131
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:52 pm
  • penihawk wrote:I like the players you selected but I'm wondering who else is gonna play corner next year? I'm thinking we need to draft 2 early even with a healthy Sherman.

I'll start off by saying Sherman this past season has become a malcontent, and his bad vibe can be a bad influence in the locker room especially with younger defensive players. The Patriots have positioned themselves into winning multiple Super Bowls by trading away elite players away while they still were in their prime. I have complete confidence in our GM's prior draft history that he could make the most out of the draft picks or pick that is acquired for Sherman.

Witherspoon the 2nd round pick would start day 1, then the 3rd round pick Marcus Williams has the athletic ability to compete at CB as a rookie. Williams not only is highly athletic but he has the ball skills that Coach Carroll wants with his CB's.

For me I would be comfortable with Williams competing with our current CB's for a starting spot. But, Williams could be swapped out for a true CB like a West Virginia Rasul Douglas, whom is not nearly as athletic as Williams.

Also, we do still have Jeremy Lane who may be able to step up and win a starting CB spot.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm
  • Trade Sherman?
    Maybe, however it would most likely only occur as a draft day trade, IF AT ALL IMO.
    Reasons to trade him: (1) $22 million in next 2 years, (2) AGE, approaching 30, (3) with 2 years
    remaining on his contract = best time to trade and get the most in return. (4) His mouth.

Hypothetical Trade: Richard Sherman to Cleveland could net: #33, #108 & #145,
    trade value chart= 33/580, 108/78, 145/33.5 = 691.5 = the equivilent of a late 1-st round pick.
    Cleveland motivation? get one of best DB's in NFL to build their defense around, they have lots of picks to do so.
    Leaving the Seahawks with: #'s: 26, 33, 58, 90, 102, 106, 108, 145 210, 226.
    That totals 7 picks of the 83 players remaining in the top 108 after pick 25.

The extra pick at #33 is a valuable one as you get to pick first on day two of the draft. Any teams that have fallen in love with a player and want to trade up has up to 24 hours to get on the phone and beg for a trade. PC/JS would be able to sit back and consider all offers, the results of which could be very productive in terms of what you can get to trade down to the highest bidder. This one pick could produce as many as 3 lower round picks, or more. Note that if they got 3 picks, they would have 6 picks in the first 108 picks and 6 picks in the middle to late rounds, 12 total.

At a minimum, PC/JS would have the flexability to manuever around in the draft, trading up with their picks as required to get the guys they really want rather than taking a lesser prospect. The #26 and #33 maybe could net CB-Kevin King and at a minimum SS Melifonwu or FS-Budda Baker. The trade down option as referenced above also has some merit,

Within this draft their are numerous CB and S options, many that meet Seahawks size, length and athletic metrics. The replacement of Sherman would most likely require that the Seahawks draft at least 4 (or 5) DB's with their draft ammo. Preferably CB/SS, FS/CB in the early to mid rounds + a late round CB and a few UDFA's. Let them all battle it out. IMO, the Seahawks typically struggle in the first 8 games of the season and then get their poop in a pile and finish the last 8 games very well. It seems to be a pattern in past seasons. The reason I mention this is that many will have concerns about the "long learnig curve" of a Seahawk CB, not to mention the perceived problem of having to replace Sherman. I think there are several top notch DB's that will come out of this draft and the Seahawks shoud be in position to land a few. The higher athletic profile is evident in several of the DB's that the Seahawks may draft, thus giving them the pre-season practices and games & half a season to get up to speed and that doesn't seem to be too much to expect.

In any trade, the +'s have to out shine the -'s, maybe this trade would?
    :smilingalien:
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:Should that trade happen, I expect we'd move back to #10 or #11. Perhaps package #5 and a third for #10 and #42. May give us a shot at a quality secondary player in the second round. Or give us the ability to even move up more aggressively and get 2 quality secondary players in R2.

And with the #10ish pick, take Bolles.

Fournette would be a big ticket item. I'm not convinced we could give up the potential quality by moving down just enough to still secure a very good player at our position of greatest need (OT).

Giving up Sherman has to result in a big upgrade in two places. Because we'd be giving up an All Pro and a first round quality player at #26. This isn't like the last three drafts where there weren't enough 1st round grade talents to reach our pick.

The great thing about having the #5 pick is the flexibility it would give us to move up and down the draft to target players that we need. I could easily see the Seahawks trading down a bit like you said to get Bolles. Bolles draft stock is all over the place when it comes to former scouts projecting where in the 1st round he will get drafted.

I could see a team like the Jaguars trading up from pick #8 to jump ahead of the Jets, whom are at pick #6, so they could get Fournette. Going off the trade value chart, we would be giving the Jags a bargain by only asking for their #8 and their 3rd round pick. Pick Bolles at #8, then we have a 2nd round pick and four 3rd round picks to maneuver around the draft. Trading our 2nd and the Titans 3rd will get us to the top-5 of the 2nd round, which we could still land a legit prospect. We would still have three 3rd round picks.

I know the scenario is crazy, but hey its the off-season.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:I like several of your picks, but but I agree with the previous posters.

If they wanted to swap Sherman and our #26 of their 5 and #18 I'm interested. But, we'd still be robbing Peter to pay Paul, however the cap would be in great shape moving forward. Still would need to draft 2 corners this year to contribute right away. Heck, I'm not sure I would really do it.

Well, IMO Peter (our defense) is hella rich. This last year, Peter was the #3 defense in the world and the prior 4 years Peter was the richest man in the world (#1 defense four consecutive years). Paul on the other hand was borderline homeless this past year (22nd ranked offense and 25th ranked rush offense). So for me, yeah I'm good with stealing some from Peter to pay Paul. :2thumbs:
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Sherman AND 26 for 5?! Terrible...

:ditto:

Not to mention, why take Fournette when you just signed Lacy? Granted he is no long term lock, but burning the #5 pick is more than a reach for him.

I could understand if you made an argument for drafting another position at #5. But, you are in the minority if you think Fournette is a big reach at pick #5.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 pm
  • titan3131 wrote:not a fan of picking Fournette. I am curious who do you have off the board 1-4 in this scenario?

As of now I think it could go as follows,
    Browns #1 (DE) Myles Garrett
    49ers #2 (DE/DT) Solomon Thomas
    Bears #3 (S) Jamal Adams
    Jags #4 (TE) OJ Howard ,or (S) Malik Hooker, or surprise ! (OG) Forrest Lamp
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Trade Sherman?
    Maybe, however it would most likely only occur as a draft day trade, IF AT ALL IMO.
    Reasons to trade him: (1) $22 million in next 2 years, (2) AGE, approaching 30, (3) with 2 years
    remaining on his contract = best time to trade and get the most in return. (4) His mouth.

Hypothetical Trade: Richard Sherman to Cleveland could net: #33, #108 & #145,
    trade value chart= 33/580, 108/78, 145/33.5 = 691.5 = the equivilent of a late 1-st round pick.
    Cleveland motivation? get one of best DB's in NFL to build their defense around, they have lots of picks to do so.
    Leaving the Seahawks with: #'s: 26, 33, 58, 90, 102, 106, 108, 145 210, 226.
    That totals 7 picks of the 83 players remaining in the top 108 after pick 25.

The extra pick at #33 is a valuable one as you get to pick first on day two of the draft. Any teams that have fallen in love with a player and want to trade up has up to 24 hours to get on the phone and beg for a trade. PC/JS would be able to sit back and consider all offers, the results of which could be very productive in terms of what you can get to trade down to the highest bidder. This one pick could produce as many as 3 lower round picks, or more. Note that if they got 3 picks, they would have 6 picks in the first 108 picks and 6 picks in the middle to late rounds, 12 total.

At a minimum, PC/JS would have the flexability to manuever around in the draft, trading up with their picks as required to get the guys they really want rather than taking a lesser prospect. The #26 and #33 maybe could net CB-Kevin King and at a minimum SS Melifonwu or FS-Budda Baker. The trade down option as referenced above also has some merit,

Within this draft their are numerous CB and S options, many that meet Seahawks size, length and athletic metrics. The replacement of Sherman would most likely require that the Seahawks draft at least 4 (or 5) DB's with their draft ammo. Preferably CB/SS, FS/CB in the early to mid rounds + a late round CB and a few UDFA's. Let them all battle it out. IMO, the Seahawks typically struggle in the first 8 games of the season and then get their poop in a pile and finish the last 8 games very well. It seems to be a pattern in past seasons. The reason I mention this is that many will have concerns about the "long learnig curve" of a Seahawk CB, not to mention the perceived problem of having to replace Sherman. I think there are several top notch DB's that will come out of this draft and the Seahawks shoud be in position to land a few. The higher athletic profile is evident in several of the DB's that the Seahawks may draft, thus giving them the pre-season practices and games & half a season to get up to speed and that doesn't seem to be too much to expect.

In any trade, the +'s have to out shine the -'s, maybe this trade would?
    :smilingalien:

I responded to Attyla about trading down from #5 to acquire more picks. Yours is another legit scenario, but IMO we need to get legit special talent for our run game. Those special talents to help fix our run game are Bolles or Fournette.

IMO the long learning curve for our CB's is a bit overrated. Yes there is a learning curve, but with most positions there is a learning curve. Sherman started as a rookie, he was not exactly a stud coming out of college. Then Brandon Browner started his first year with us. Yeah there were other CB's behind them, but those CB's didn't start because Sherman and Browner had a firm hold on the starting spots. That said, we need to come out of the draft with either Kevin King or Ahkello Witherspoon.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:08 pm
  • I like Marcus Williams, but coming from a single high FS system, I look at him as a potential Earl replacement if Thomas retires.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 pm
  • Excellent post, and great points. Love yours too Camano.

I could really get behind Fournette. I don't trust Lacy to start healthy, or trim. And Leonard could put us over the top with the running game. And that's where it all starts.

Defense fell off some this year, partly because the offense struggled. Why did the O struggle? We couldn't keep our RBs healthy. Fournette is a MAN, and would punish opposing defenses. OUr defense would take the field fully rested, a lot of the times, with a lead.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am
  • Fun concept, good post. Plenty to think about. While I generally agree with the bunch saying I wouldn't do this for Fournette, I *would* do something similar to get #5 and then trade down a bit. Get 2-3 guys out of it.
    SeaChase wrote:One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.
    KillerB
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:09 am
  • Only way we should give up the 26 is for the second pick the 5 straight up for Sherman would be palatable but for the 26 it should be a pick swap with their second then we can move down from 5 to 8 still get Bolles or Ram and possibly get King at their 2nd first rounder.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am
  • Using the picks from the hypothetical trade of Sherman outlined above: #'s: 26, 33, 58, 90, 102, 106, 108, 145, 210, 226.

Example draft for Seahawks using current rankings at cbssports.com 3/21/17 update. --Not a bad haul and IMO, the DB's selected would effectively replace Sherman and would be the beginning of LOB#2. Lots of great possibilities with these picks & many are local favorites often discussed herein.

26-----SS-Obi Melifonwu(33) - Use as hybrid S/LB, B/U & eventual replacement for Kam.
    33-----CB-Kevin King(55) - Start at RCB, as the #1 replacement of Sherman, I think he could pull it off.
    58-----OLB-Tyus Bowser(67) - A need. Start him at LB & B/U for all LB positions.
    90-----CB-Rasul Douglas(91) - Competition and likely LCB starter.
    102----DT-Carlos Watkins(108) - Rotational DL addition (Don't forget Q-Jeff is there too)
    106----OG-Nico Siragusa(117) - One of the few OL meeting requirements, Probable B/U
    108----RB-Kareem Hunt(123) - Another RB for the crew, and one that doesn't fumble.
    145----CB-Shaquill Griffin(184) - May be developmental but fits the mold very well, + production.
    210----OLB-Jimmy Gilbert(252) - Criminally overlooked as a developmental LB prospect.
    226----SS-Shalom Luani(276) - Double down on SS, just in case of injury, a hybrid spot for him?
    UDFA's:---OT-Jerry Ugokwe(247), OT-Levon Meyers(255), CB-Treston DeCoud(268),
    OG-Avery Gennesy(273), WR-Jehu Chesson(285),DT-Grover Stewart(289), FS-David Jones(296),
    TE-Darrell Daniels(298), DE-Ifeadi Odenigbo(302), DE-Karter Schult(482)
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 am
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Using the picks from the hypothetical trade of Sherman outlined above: #'s: 26, 33, 58, 90, 102, 106, 108, 145, 210, 226.

Example draft for Seahawks using current rankings at cbssports.com 3/21/17 update. --Not a bad haul and IMO, the DB's selected would effectively replace Sherman and would be the beginning of LOB#2. Lots of great possibilities with these picks & many are local favorites often discussed herein.

26-----SS-Obi Melifonwu(33) - Use as hybrid S/LB, B/U & eventual replacement for Kam.
    33-----CB-Kevin King(55) - Start at RCB, as the #1 replacement of Sherman, I think he could pull it off.
    58-----OLB-Tyus Bowser(67) - A need. Start him at LB & B/U for all LB positions.
    90-----CB-Rasul Douglas(91) - Competition and likely LCB starter.
    102----DT-Carlos Watkins(108) - Rotational DL addition (Don't forget Q-Jeff is there too)
    106----OG-Nico Siragusa(117) - One of the few OL meeting requirements, Probable B/U
    108----RB-Kareem Hunt(123) - Another RB for the crew, and one that doesn't fumble.
    145----CB-Shaquill Griffin(184) - May be developmental but fits the mold very well, + production.
    210----OLB-Jimmy Gilbert(252) - Criminally overlooked as a developmental LB prospect.
    226----SS-Shalom Luani(276) - Double down on SS, just in case of injury, a hybrid spot for him?
    UDFA's:---OT-Jerry Ugokwe(247), OT-Levon Meyers(255), CB-Treston DeCoud(268),
    OG-Avery Gennesy(273), WR-Jehu Chesson(285),DT-Grover Stewart(289), FS-David Jones(296),
    TE-Darrell Daniels(298), DE-Ifeadi Odenigbo(302), DE-Karter Schult(482)

Those top 3 would be a haul.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:56 pm
  • I think trading Sherman would be a mistake! This team has a lot more problems than Richard Sherman. If we happen to trade Sherman we would open up a even bigger wound than what we already have at the corner position. We are on the verge of another super bowl with a win now mentality. Why would you trade arguably the best corner in the game for a unknown corner. You know what you are getting with Sherman with a rookie its a crap shoot.

Its something that is going to take a lot a price that I personally would not take. We have to many unknowns on this team. With he right draft if JS and Pete hits a home run I think the core of this team could have another shot at the big one. Having said that I can I see the top ten picks falling like this imo. So you would have to get to at least get to the third pick to leap frog Jacksonville to take Fournette your going to have to pay a steep price to make that happen.

1)Cleveland: Myles Garrett top player coming out regardless of position

2)San Fran: I believe this will either be a trade or they take the top Safety either Adams or Hooker whoever they value the higher. I say Adams for the reason being (A) they try to mimic the Hawks with what we did with Earl starting from the secondary and moving forward on defense. (B) I feel lynch being a former safety him self knows how important that position is. So to recap I believe the 9ers will either take Adams or drop down a couple spots.

3)Bears: Mike Williams they just lost a wr to free agency I think they try to fill that hole.

4)Jacksonville: Leonard Fournette makes the most sense its a need and they have been bringing in defensive talent in all free agency this time the offense will get a boost.

5) Titans: Marshon Lattimore Titans have their pick at best cb coming out.

6)Jets: OJ Howard they just lost a receiving threat in free agency they sign a special TE and look for a qb next year or later on during the draft.

7)Chargers: Solomon Thomas they are switching to a 4-3 they need another de they pair him up with Bosa to have some young studs on the defensive line Yikes!

8)Panthers: Dalvin Cook could be another team that could slide back in a trade and still get their man. I believe this will be a trade for someone possibly moving up to take the other safety Hooker off the board. If they stay put or if they move back I can see Cook being in a Panther uniform in the future. Could the BIlls move up a couple spots to make sure they secure Hooker?

9)Bengals: Ruben Foster they need a linebacker defensive end and a offensive lineman or possibly a wr. I think Foster wins out cuz he is a monster and he is a hell of a linebacker. When you go up against one of the best rb in Bell twice a year you have to try to counter that some how.

10)Buffalo Bills: If they do not move up and take Hooker or if Hooker slides to them they go with him. If the draft falls like I have it they take Hooker. Ross with that blazing speed could be a nice tandem to pair with Sammy Watkins too.
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:48 am
  • thegreeninyoureye wrote: I think trading Sherman would be a mistake! This team has a lot more problems than Richard Sherman. If we happen to trade Sherman we would open up a even bigger wound than what we already have at the corner position. We are on the verge of another super bowl with a win now mentality. Why would you trade arguably the best corner in the game for a unknown corner. You know what you are getting with Sherman with a rookie its a crap shoot.

In this scenario we didn't trade Sherman for an unknown CB. We traded Sherman for an opportunity to get an elite talent to help fix our offensive run game. But, yes we would have to downgrade Sherman's spot with either a rookie or current CB on our roster.

thegreeninyoureye wrote:Its something that is going to take a lot a price that I personally would not take. We have to many unknowns on this team. With he right draft if JS and Pete hits a home run I think the core of this team could have another shot at the big one.

I can see your take on not trading Sherman no matter how many draft picks the Seahawks may get in return. But, for me the Seahawks can still make a run at the Super Bowl even without Sherman.

thegreeninyoureye wrote:Having said that I can I see the top ten picks falling like this imo. So you would have to get to at least get to the third pick to leap frog Jacksonville to take Fournette your going to have to pay a steep price to make that happen.

Fournette will probably be drafted by Jacksonville, I would say there is maybe a 10% that the Jags don't draft him. If that were to happen then take Bolles at #5 or trade down.

thegreeninyoureye wrote:1)Cleveland: Myles Garrett top player coming out regardless of position

Agreed.

thegreeninyoureye wrote:2)San Fran: I believe this will either be a trade or they take the top Safety either Adams or Hooker whoever they value the higher. I say Adams for the reason being (A) they try to mimic the Hawks with what we did with Earl starting from the secondary and moving forward on defense. (B) I feel lynch being a former safety him self knows how important that position is. So to recap I believe the 9ers will either take Adams or drop down a couple spots.

You make a good argument for Safety. Lynch was a great Safety, but he did play with Warren Sapp whom is Hall of Fame 3-tech DT. So Thomas could be his Sapp. Reading the 49ers forum, Hooker and Thomas are the two players they want the most.

thegreeninyoureye wrote:3)Bears: Mike Williams they just lost a wr to free agency I think they try to fill that hole.

Willimas at #3 would defiantly be a draft day surprise. I don't know if bears fans could stomach another top-10 WR, they chose Kevin White at pick #7 a couple of years ago. If going for a surprise pick here, I would go Haason Riddick or Garett Bolles here.[/quote]
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:03 pm
  • cover-2 wrote:[quote="

In this scenario we didn't trade Sherman for an unknown CB. We traded Sherman for an opportunity to get an elite talent to help fix our offensive run game. But, yes we would have to downgrade Sherman's spot with either a rookie or current CB on our roster.(quote)

I hear you brother! Pounding the table like a scout to make this trade happen. I don't think the idea is crazy or nothing but If I was in the war room with you I would really have to think long and hard on this one. I think your Idea has some merit. However when it comes to the lineman in the draft I feel two things can happen. The top 3 or 4 guys are separated from the rest of the people coming out. However none of them are elite like we have seen before coming out like last years draft. So your either going to have a early run on them or guys are going to slide. There is a chance that we stay put and Bolles slides to us anyways. Where I wouldn't at all be against taking him at 26th at all.

But to give up Sherman I think you would have to give him up and the 26th this year and I have a hard time against that. Maybe next year's (which I would do everything in my power to avoid) but this years I dont know.

(Quote)I can see your take on not trading Sherman no matter how many draft picks the Seahawks may get in return. But, for me the Seahawks can still make a run at the Super Bowl even without Sherman. (Quote)

Agreed you are right about this with the right pieces in place even if we got rid of Sherman we could make a run. Health has a lot to do with it. Earl has been banged up a lot lately Kam too if we get rid of Sherman we are almost looking at a whole knew Secondary which I think would make the run even harder if they went down. I know you cant predict injuries however recently we have a pretty good reason to believe that Earl and Kam will miss sometime out in a season. Trading Sherman would make things a lot more harder but not impossible.

I hear you tho brother it is interesting tho I would have to see everything laid out before me before I would be willing to pull the trigger. Like I said b4 I dont think the whole idea is crazy or anything.
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information