This would be one of the greatest drafts ever....

penihawk

Reaction score
I like all the players chosen other than I have major questions on what your getting with Cam Robinson. Is he a day one starter at LT with a 10 yr career staying healthy or a guy they have to move inside to find a suitable spot? He looks more than capable against good competition in the scc at times and a bit like JAG others. If we go OL early he better be able to play OT IMO.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would be a tad bit upset if that's how the draft shook out.

Need to address the Dline and LB spot. Taking three secondary players that high doesn't make much sense.

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":17zpnjuf said:
I would be a tad bit upset if that's how the draft shook out.

Need to address the Dline and LB spot. Taking three secondary players that high doesn't make much sense.
May not make sense but we will be drafting secondary like crazy. We have to change the bullshit death by a million paper cuts defense and rebuilding our secondary is the easiest way and fast. Especially considering this draft. You do see us signing secondary, OL and LB's out of style in FA?

We will be drafting defense first, middle and last.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3poq2did said:
Taking three secondary players that high doesn't make much sense.

Agreed. Probably only take two. There aren't 3 open spots on this roster.

CB: 5 locks

Elliott
Sherman
Thorpe
Shead
Lane

S: 3 locks

Thomas
McDougald
Chancellor

3 hedges:

Cox
McCray
Desir

I expect McCray to stick. So really only 2 likely open spots. At least by how the contracts are constructed. And if you figure we carry 10 DBs like always, that leaves one open, with dropping McCray for a rookie as a possibility. So that 2nd spot has to carry more impact than McCray who is a ST terror and is experienced and athletic.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Can Robinson adds tremendous upside to an area of need. But it's him coupled with melinwafu that would have me excited. Two first round talents in two rounds, I like it. Then add Butt and another big corner with upside, I love it.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
This is going to be a hard year for draftees to break this roster. Only a few guys may make it past the practice squad. They have made some good depth additions this off season.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3oefr7im said:
Hawk_Nation":3oefr7im said:
Taking three secondary players that high doesn't make much sense.

Agreed. Probably only take two. There aren't 3 open spots on this roster.

CB: 5 locks

Elliott
Sherman
Thorpe
Shead
Lane

S: 3 locks

Thomas
McDougald
Chancellor

3 hedges:

Cox
McCray
Desir

I expect McCray to stick. So really only 2 likely open spots. At least by how the contracts are constructed. And if you figure we carry 10 DBs like always, that leaves one open, with dropping McCray for a rookie as a possibility. So that 2nd spot has to carry more impact than McCray who is a ST terror and is experienced and athletic.
Shead will start the season on PUP and won't cost a roster spot until/if he makes it back from his injury.

McCray is a UFA and hasn't been resigned yet. I don't think he will be either. Something tells me Richard (Sherman) doesn't like him much...

I could see us bringing in 3 DB's in this draft if those two scenarios hold true like it seems right now. However, I do think that 2 is probably the sweet spot ultimately.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree with DB rich draft and the Hawks may take at least two early. With luck they may get two excellent prospects.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I agree with using a pick on a pass rusher (LB, DL), more pressure = better secondary play. That being said, if roster spots are scarce in the secondary, Melifonwu and Witherspoon would both snag a roster spot over someone like Elliot, and I'd imagine Shead starts the season on PUP. This draft could yield two CB's and at least one safety...the talent is just too rich for them to stay away from potential future starters at SS and FS.

I wouldn't be surprised to see NO offensive lineman drafted, and a player like T.J. Watt go with our first pick.

These FA signings are going to make the draft very interesting, IMO.

randomation

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2cgulaxi said:
Can Robinson adds tremendous upside to an area of need. But it's him coupled with melinwafu that would have me excited. Two first round talents in two rounds, I like it. Then add Butt and another big corner with upside, I love it.

No he doesn't at all. He is 35% on measurables compared to the rest of the NFL he has poor lateral movment, he takes plays off. At best he is a decent guard at worst he is a bottom tier tackle who will get blown by by any rusher with speed.

xgeoff

Reaction score
flmmkrz":u9a564nj said:
I wouldn't be thrilled with that draft at all.

Neither would I. I hate the idea of Cam Robinson. Not impressed with him at all. The DB's look good, but absolutely no interest in Jake Butt as an early pick.

There is no way that this compares to the draft we got Russell Wilson in...

xgeoff

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":170vd5js said:

Cam Robinson is this year's Germain Ifedi. Looks good at times, but most of his tape is not impressive. I warned everyone about Ifedi last year, I'm warning this year against Cam Robinson. If Forrest Lamp is available I think he'd be a much better choice.